Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League

Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    The game intervals are too much. Even the interest of the locals are starting to die down.
    sa haba ng liga.. the success of 1st conference is the right length of the tournment..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

So funny that the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) has their own TV van which I saw at a local government gym where they were playing even though it is a, what, third tier league? It is how it is, I guess ...

Default The Alphas of the MPBL (League Leaders In Statistical Categories)

The Datu Cup or the second season of the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) had a remarkable run and is now considered the fastest growing regional league in the country today. From only 10 teams in its inaugural season, 16 teams joined the fray this season in a quest to hoist the Datu Cup.

With a maximum of 20 players per team, there are more than 500 players who were given the chance to showcase their talent in national TV. Given such magnitude of talents which include former PBA players, a player certainly needs talent and hard work to stand out from the rest.

Read more Here https://mpblaction.blogspot.com/2019...rs-in.html?m=0

Quote Originally Posted by rhk111 View Post
    So funny that the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) has their own TV van which I saw at a local government gym where they were playing even though it is a, what, third tier league? It is how it is, I guess ...
    Those politicians wont be filming themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Those politicians wont be filming themselves
    This MPBL league is a vehicle of politicians to further spread their EPAL, spending millions of pesos at the expense of our taxes to further their political aspirations. Thats precisely the reason for the creation of this league, it is for the political ambition of Pacquiao in 2022...

Baaketball wise the level of play is no where near the PBA, even lower than D League and Collegiate Leagues . MPBL isore of a glorified ligang labas what with washed out former PBA pro playing. Hopefully next season will be be different with the influx of young newly collegiate players to inject youth and dynamism to the league... Its a good thing that MPBL is not marketing itself as a competition to PBA but rather aa an alternative league for our players who dis not make it big the PBA. PBA is still the premier league, D League for those hoping to make the PBA, MPBL as the purgatory for PBA castouts and NBL for up and coming homegrown players...

Default Davao Occidental Tigers Force Do-or-die Game 5

The Ilonggo Superman arrived just on time to tow the Davao Occidental Tigers past the gritty San Juan Knights, 77-66, and to force a rubber match on their home court this coming April 25 at the RMC gym in Davao City.

Dubbed as the Ilonggo Superman, Billy Robles displayed a performance fit for a superhero as he posted 22 points and 18 strong rebounds which are both Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) career highs. On top of his effort, his teammates delivered as well to help their cause. Mark Yee had a noteworthy output by dropping 14 points and grabbing nine (9) rebounds. Likewise, Eman Calo and Joseph Terso spread 10 and 11 points respectively to keep the Knights at bay.

Read full article Here

Default Who Will Be The Datu Cup Finals MVP?

The Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) series is all tied up at 2-2 and we are about to witness the very first and historic do-or-die championship game on April 25, 2019 at the RMC gym in Davao City.

Right from the start, we have seen the utmost dedication and effort displayed by the players of both teams during this series. Both squad, without a shadow of doubt, are willing to give whatever it takes to win the highly coveted National Championship Trophy.

When the game clock expires and the final buzzer sounds tomorrow night, only one team will emerge as National Champion and will bring home the trophy for their fans to celebrate. Within that team, one man will be awarded as Finals' Most Valuable Player (MVP) in recognition of his outstanding performance during the grueling Championship Series.

Let's take a look on who are the leading contenders for the Finals MVP award.

Read more HERE

Default Clarito Buries The Dagger as San Juan Knights Claim 2018-2019 MPBL Championship

Jhonard Clarito delivered the final dagger right through the Tigers' hearts in heroic fashion as he dropped timely baskets in the final stretch of the do-or-die Game 5 of the Championship series to lift the San Juan Knights, 87-86, against the home team Davao Occidental Tigers at the RMC gym in Davao City last Thursday night.

The Tigers had a slim lead and appeared to be in control of the game with barely a minute left. Trailing 84-81 with 1:12 remaining in the game, Clarito, however, staged a dramatic comeback by scoring the Knights' last 6 points.

Read more HERE

Ayonayon another great product from the pcu program
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I'm not a fan of this league. Hope they stay longer.. learn from the MBA mistake. Keep it up.. just remove the stupid height limit for fil foreign player and maybe lessen the months of the season and you're good for the long run..
    Last edited by Silent Killer; 04-29-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Default Identity concept for potential new MPBL teams

See some creative logos for Davao City, Ilocos Norte, and Cagayan De Oro should they join the MPBL.

See the logos HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Battawang View Post
    See some creative logos for Davao City, Ilocos Norte, and Cagayan De Oro should they join the MPBL.

See the logos HERE
    why would i name my team after a small boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    why would i name my team after a small boat?
    It's not the size of the ship...
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    It's not the size of the ship...
    But the motion of the ocean?

Still, would it be nicer to have names like:

CDO Rough Waters
    CDO Rapids
    CDO River Wild

than CDO Kayaks

Cagayan de oro nuggets or CDO amigos of MBA.. san juan knights retained it after so many years..

I think this league has potential, especially with the influx of young talents which the PBA can't accomodate all. There where many good players in the PBA that didn't even playing and just rot in the bench. Once this players are free agents, I think MPBL can offer them same contract with more opportunity to play more minutes.

part of me wants to like this, but its so clear that this is just a political vehicle for manny and friends that it disgusts me

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    part of me wants to like this, but its so clear that this is just a political vehicle for manny and friends that it disgusts me

for me it’s too much basketball leagues in Philippines. but i wish them well. hope more season for this league and help other pinoy ballers..

Default MPBL 2019 off season player transfers

The preparation for the upcoming season is heating up. Teams are already scrambling for talents.

See a summary of player acquisitions so far HERE

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast