Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League

some players like jp calvo, rey publico, jerwin gaco playing in both dleague and maharlika...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    some players like jp calvo, rey publico, jerwin gaco playing in both dleague and maharlika...
    Is MP bankrolling the tv airtime in studio 23, I get that he is trying to get that political foothold by holding this league..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Is MP bankrolling the tv airtime in studio 23, I get that he is trying to get that political foothold by holding this league..
    i think abscbn is also a partner for this league.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i think abscbn is also a partner for this league.
    Sus knowing them .....hahaha

i think so.... MP is vying for the VP post next election

Sus knowing them .....hahaha
    well their reputation precedes them. lols. but of course its a business decision.if it doesn't make a profit then of course.dump it.lols. this is not charity.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    well their reputation precedes them. lols. but of course its a business decision.if it doesn't make a profit then of course.dump it.lols. this is not charity.
    it seems that mpbl learned a lesson from mba by not having vismin teams for the meantime. the teams that will play for the league have geographic proximity with one another. 6 ncr teams plus bataan, batangas, bulacan and laguna. atleast logistic problems are not that serious. isang bus lang pagitan niyan.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    it seems that mpbl learned a lesson from mba by not having vismin teams for the meantime. the teams that will play for the league have geographic proximity with one another. 6 ncr teams plus bataan, batangas, bulacan and laguna. atleast logistic problems are not that serious. isang bus lang pagitan niyan.
    another thing they should not follow with MBA: compete with the PBA regarding player salaries

another thing they should not follow with MBA: compete with the PBA regarding player salaries
    exactly! that's what i would like to say. that's the biggest mistake the mba did. when you are at your infancy, huwag ka munang magpaluwal nang magpaluwal ng pera hanggat wala ka pang kinikita. don't rush things. mba did rush things to boost their popularity that led to their demise.

well, they can actually expand into visayas and mindanao but they need to schedule those matches properly and make sure that the teams from vismin come from richer places like negros, cebu, iloilo, davao, cdo, zamboanga, gensan, and surigao.

note: pba teams are owned by big companies. even a team like ros, alaska, or blackwater are still big companies that can fund a formidable team in the level of d-league or abl.
    Last edited by ja.he; 01-25-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Ayusin muna nila yung mga team monickers..Bulacan Kuyas, Muntinlupa Cagers, QC Capitals..Seriously? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Ayusin muna nila yung mga team monickers..Bulacan Kuyas, Muntinlupa Cagers, QC Capitals..Seriously? Lol
    well, we have no control about that. it's up to its sponsors to give a nickname. but, i actually laugh hard when i heard muntilupa CAGERS (are they referring to the inmates of bilibid?) and bulacan kuyas (i presumed there are so many beggars in their streets asking for money something like this, " kyah kyah pembarya.")

QC's logo is a complete copycat of the washington capitals

Coach aric boys playing for him lol

It could be worse. At least Bulacan didn't call themselves the Totoys or something
    Keep running, big boy.

Jemal Vizcarra getting unli-shots for Paranaque.... why? his gf is the team owner haha

Jemal Vizcarra getting unli-shots for Paranaque.... why? his gf is the team owner haha
    what you like about mikee and anyon is like they arent being cintrolled by anyone to voice their opinion.. licensed to shoot daw

How about the Imus Bandera. I'd start calling them "La Bandera", just to sound like I'm laundering some cash for the team.
    Following Pinoy Hoops While Doing The Laundry At The Same Time!
    #labapilipinas

what you like about mikee and anyon is like they arent being cintrolled by anyone to voice their opinion.. licensed to shoot daw
    Probably because it's a different production team that is handling the coverage and not ABS-CBN sports. Notice that the camera quality is different including audio ang graphics

Manny Pacquiao hasn't done anything good in Philippine basketball yet. With the lessening of his boxing bouts I guess he needs this to remain in the limelight in preparation for a VP or Pres campaign. With the way Kia and him made a mockery of Philippine basketball I am not expecting anything good from this league. The league monickers themselves are a joke. Is Manny Pacquiao starting a joke basketball league the same way he help make a joke PBA team for his publicity?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Probably because it's a different production team that is handling the coverage and not ABS-CBN sports. Notice that the camera quality is different including audio ang graphics
    I noticed that too. Their participation is limited to providing the announcers and providing the broadcast medium.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast