Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 625

Thread: Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League

  1. #581
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    3,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battawang View Post
    The preparation for the upcoming season is heating up. Teams are already scrambling for talents.

    See a summary of player acquisitions so far HERE
    Wow, Mike Williams, D1 Star and former NBA Dleague player playing For Golden State Warriors of Gen San..

  2. #582
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Wow, Mike Williams, D1 Star and former NBA Dleague player playing For Golden State Warriors of Gen San..
    GoldenState Warriors pala talaga name ng team ng Gen San.. Maybe Mike Williams thought he signed with the real GSW that features Curry, KD, Klay and Dray?

  3. #583
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default MPBL Provides Bigger Stage For Unheralded Players From Little-known Leagues To Shine

    It is no secret that the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) is the most popular collegiate basketball league in the Philippines. Due to its huge fan base, the UAAP commands the highest broadcasting deal among all collegiate leagues in the country. It helps a lot that the UAAP hosts the biggest basketball rivalry between the Ateneo Blue Eagles and the De La Salle green Archers. Every time these two storied rivals meet, the venue is filled to the brim.

    Coming in second to the UAAP is the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Although it is the oldest collegiate league established in 1924, its member universities and colleges pale in comparison to the student population of the UAAP schools. Nevertheless, the NCAA produced basketball players that are equally, if not better, talented compared to their UAAP peers.

    Read the full story HERE

  4. #584
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Does The MPBL Make Money?

    The Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) has been making waves in the local basketball scenes lately. This is evident in the growing interest in the league as shown by the number of teams that are willing to pay a hefty franchise fee just to be part of the MPBL family. With the entry of Bicol, Nueva Ecija, Mindoro, and Iloilo, expect the third season to be more competitive

    If TV ratings will also be used as a gauge in measuring the rising popularity of the MPBL, we can say that the MPBL is taking away viewership from the PBA. As a matter of fact, the game 2 of the recently concluded Championship series between the San Juan Knights and Davao Occidental Tigers last April 13, 2019 earned a rating of 6.6% which is higher compared to the 5.1% rating of the semifinals game of the PBA on that day. Moreover, ABS-CBN rode on the increasing adoration for the MPBL by inviting players of the San Juan Knights in the highly popular noontime show It's Showtime and on the morning show Umagang Kay Ganda.

    Read more HERE

  5. #585
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    567
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battawang View Post
    The Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) has been making waves in the local basketball scenes lately. This is evident in the growing interest in the league as shown by the number of teams that are willing to pay a hefty franchise fee just to be part of the MPBL family. With the entry of Bicol, Nueva Ecija, Mindoro, and Iloilo, expect the third season to be more competitive

    If TV ratings will also be used as a gauge in measuring the rising popularity of the MPBL, we can say that the MPBL is taking away viewership from the PBA. As a matter of fact, the game 2 of the recently concluded Championship series between the San Juan Knights and Davao Occidental Tigers last April 13, 2019 earned a rating of 6.6% which is higher compared to the 5.1% rating of the semifinals game of the PBA on that day. Moreover, ABS-CBN rode on the increasing adoration for the MPBL by inviting players of the San Juan Knights in the highly popular noontime show It's Showtime and on the morning show Umagang Kay Ganda.

    Read more HERE
    Great blog.

    The blogger was very diligent in in creating that brilliant analysis. Based on the post, the ballpark bottom line income is just marginally above break even point. It can be granted as an achievement and can sustain itself until such time that they are able to it figure out. Considering Manny Pacman is the founder, its success somehow is cementing his legacy as a businessman.

    MPBL poses many opportunities starting from grassroots up to international if being hyperbole. However, we are a developing nation, economics of sorts would play with significance on what level they would want to grow. It's proven that the PBA model works, yet studying the Indonesian soccer league would be a better idea.

  6. #586
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    Great blog.

    The blogger was very diligent in in creating that brilliant analysis. Based on the post, the ballpark bottom line income is just marginally above break even point. It can be granted as an achievement and can sustain itself until such time that they are able to it figure out. Considering Manny Pacman is the founder, its success somehow is cementing his legacy as a businessman.

    MPBL poses many opportunities starting from grassroots up to international if being hyperbole. However, we are a developing nation, economics of sorts would play with significance on what level they would want to grow. It's proven that the PBA model works, yet studying the Indonesian soccer league would be a better idea.
    Not taken to consideration is the amount he spend on each team I dont think all 26 teams are completely funded by its owner as teams like Pasig has undergone two ownership changes in one season.

    Manny is burning money in here..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  7. #587
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    Great blog.
    It's proven that the PBA model works, yet studying the Indonesian soccer league would be a better idea.
    please educate us about Indonesian soccer league model.

  8. #588
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    567
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    please educate us about Indonesian soccer league model.
    Not an expert, though.

    https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sp...earn-indonesia

  9. #589
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Bicol Volcanoes Defend Lava Land, Escapes Caloocan Supremos 84-82

    The Bicol Volcanoes finally got the chance to showcase their skills and test their mettle right in front of their home fans as they fine tune their preparations going into the third (3rd) season of the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL). In a nailbiting exhibition match at the Ibalong Centrum for Recreation gym in Legazpi City on the night of May 25, 2019, the Bicol Volcanoes relied on the steady production of their ex-professional players to squeak past through the visiting Caloocan Supremos, 84-82.

    With the win, the thousands of bicolano basketball fans who filled the 7,000-seater Ibalong centrum gym to the brim didn't go home disappointed. The home team made sure the crowd gets involved at the onset. True enough, The crowd were energized right from the start of the game as the Volcanoes sizzled hot to secure the early lead. Without giving up an inch, the Volcanoes ended the first quarter with a double-digit cushion 23-13.

    read more HERE

  10. #590
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Sarangani Province is the 30th Team To Officially Sign With MPBL

    The Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) welcomed the KAPA Sarangani basketball team as its newest member in a signing ceremony yesterday at the Roadhauz Hotel in General Santos City. The entry of Sarangani as the the 30th franchise in the MPBL was made official after MPBL officials represented by Commissioner Kenneth Duremdes and Pastor Joel Dutaro, founder of KAPA Community Ministry International Inc., signed the franchise agreement in front of local media personnel who covered the event.

    At present, Sarangani is the fourth (4th) expansion team this coming season after the Bicol Volcanoes, Nueva Ecija Miguards, and Mindoro Tamaraws signed up just recently and are already on the thick of their preparations. Iloilo has also made commitment to join the league but it has yet to formalize their participation. With only two (2) weeks left before the Lakan Cup officially tips off on June 12, Sarangani needs to make the most out of the remaining off season just to recruit a competitive squad since many of the notable players have been signed up already.

    Read More HERE

  11. #591
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,275
    Country: Philippines

  12. #592
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,514
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battawang View Post
    The Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) welcomed the KAPA Sarangani basketball team as its newest member in a signing ceremony yesterday at the Roadhauz Hotel in General Santos City. The entry of Sarangani as the the 30th franchise in the MPBL was made official after MPBL officials represented by Commissioner Kenneth Duremdes and Pastor Joel Dutaro, founder of KAPA Community Ministry International Inc., signed the franchise agreement in front of local media personnel who covered the event.

    At present, Sarangani is the fourth (4th) expansion team this coming season after the Bicol Volcanoes, Nueva Ecija Miguards, and Mindoro Tamaraws signed up just recently and are already on the thick of their preparations. Iloilo has also made commitment to join the league but it has yet to formalize their participation. With only two (2) weeks left before the Lakan Cup officially tips off on June 12, Sarangani needs to make the most out of the remaining off season just to recruit a competitive squad since many of the notable players have been signed up already.

    Read More HERE
    now that KAPA has been ordered to shut down.what will happen to this franchise?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  13. #593
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default JR Cawaling's Putback Gives Nueva Ecija Miguard Maiden Win



    JR Cawaling turned garbage into gold as he grabbed the ball in mid-air and gently put it back in the hoop after Marlon Monte missed a driving layup to save the day for the newcomer Nueva Ecija Miguards, 78-76, Saturday night at the Batangas City Coliseum.

    Cawaling's putback with just two (2) seconds on the game clock capped a dramatic six-to-nothing run by the Miguards in the last 1:21 frame of the match. It also made the Miguards as the first expansion team of the Lakan Cup to register a win since the Bicol Volcanoes failed their first assignment in the season's opening game.

    read more here

  14. #594
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Batangas City Athletics Defend Home, Nips Muntinlupa Cagers 79-70


    Riding high on the heroics of spitfire point guard Jeff Viernes, the Batangas City Athletics blitzed to a 13-0 run in the last 3:13 of the game to pick up its first win of the season at the expense of the Muntinlupa Cagers, 79-70, Saturday night at the Batangas City Coliseum.

    Jeff Viernes initiated the Athletics' finishing kick with a no-hesitation pull up three (3) pointer right on the face of his hapless defender to break the game loose, 69-66 with close to three (3) minutes remaining. Afterwards, new recruit Jason Melano padded the Athletics' cushion to five points, 71-66, after he converted a layup at the 2:47 mark.

    read more here

  15. #595
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Pasay Voyagers Start Season On A Winning Note



    Ron Lastimosa saved his best shot for last as he drilled a long three-pointer to give Pasay a two point lead it never relinquished en route to a 70-68 squeaker against the Navotas Uni-pak Sardines Monday night at the Alonte Arena in Biņan City.

    Lastimosa open the game smoking hot from downtown as he poured in his first two attempts beyond the arc on his way to an eight point outburst in the opening canto. Jaypee Belencion and Jan Jamon contributed five points apiece in a high-scoring quarter for the Voyagers as they close the first canto leading by four (4) points, 25-21.

    read more here

  16. #596
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Bataan Risers Outclass Biņan Laguna Heroes, 75-62



    Bataan shrugged off a cold start to embarrass the Bińan Laguna Heroes on the latter's home court, 75-62, for their opening win in the third season of the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) Monday night at the Alonte Arena in Biņan city.

    The Risers went cold off the bat as they only managed to convert six (6) of their 17 field goal attempts in the first quarter. Fortunately for them, the revamped Biņan Laguna Heroes could not likewise get their groove, even missing jumpers from point blank range. The Heroes trailed by three (points), 11-14, going into the second (2nd) quarter.

    read more here

  17. #597
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Aris Dionisio Saves The Day for Manila Stars With A Game-winning Block



    The Manila Stars Frontrow dodge a bullet after Aris Dionisio saved the day with a highlight chase down block on Peejay Barua's potential game winner to tow the Manila Stars barely past the Quezon City Capitals, 86-85, Tuesday night at the Ynares Sports Center in Antipolo.

    Dionisio's block put the finishing touch on the Stars' superb defensive stops at the home stretch that enabled them to regain the lead. Tt was also a steal by Chris Bitoon that allowed Aris Dionisio to break free for an easy layup that gave a the Stars a one point lead with 11 seconds left on the clock.

    read more here

  18. #598
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    32
    Country: Philippines

    Default Makati Supercrunch Cruises To An Easy 73-51 Win Over Rizal Golden Coolers



    John Rey Villanueva, Jeckster Apinan and Joseph Sedurifa conspired for 39 of Makati's 73 points to anchor a balanced offense that ripped the Rizal Golden Coolers, 73-51, Tuesday night at the Ynares Sports Center in Antipolo.

    With most of its members intact including those who carried the Supercrunch a record-setting 15 game winning streak last season, the Supercrunch took control of the game early. They built a six (6) point lead ending the first quarter then expanded it to 10 points, 33-23, to finish the first half.

    read more here

  19. #599
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battawang View Post


    John Rey Villanueva, Jeckster Apinan and Joseph Sedurifa conspired for 39 of Makati's 73 points to anchor a balanced offense that ripped the Rizal Golden Coolers, 73-51, Tuesday night at the Ynares Sports Center in Antipolo.

    With most of its members intact including those who carried the Supercrunch a record-setting 15 game winning streak last season, the Supercrunch took control of the game early. They built a six (6) point lead ending the first quarter then expanded it to 10 points, 33-23, to finish the first half.

    read more here
    How many times does a team a play in a week?

  20. #600
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    so kala ko this is a unique league (at least in the Philippines) and it will strictly follow home and away games, which IMO, set this apart from the PBA, and the main selling point among its fans? eh ba't all games now are in MOA?

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •