Thread: Anyone planning to watch Gilas this coming Fiba world in Foshan?

Default Anyone planning to watch Gilas this coming Fiba world in Foshan?

Guys, who will be watching this coming Fiba world in Foshan? I am more likely going natempt ako sa seat sale ng cebu pac.lol My worries would be how to move around in China. I will be with my wife. We will only watch the group stage matches. I was wondering if merong pupunta and maybe we could help other. We will go there on August 28 and will be back in phil dawn of September 5.

Hey! I alsoplan to go there. I've already bought the 5 Gilas games last April. Of the few times I been I've been to China, the biggest problem as expected is language. But you can survive you can always find someone that understands even basic English, maybe not always on your first try. Their public transportation is efficient so once you get the idea how to go to the venue from your hotel its all good.

I went there in 2015 for the Asian Championships where we bagged silver. The hassle was their ticketing system. The guy selling tix was just one guy sitting on a table in an open area, parang nag-lalako ng tickets. He was not a fixer/reseller he is a legit part of the organizing team. Then he always say its sold out yet we see him holding hundreds of tix. I remember me and some other Pinoys begging tix from Chinese leaving at halftime just to get into the games. Although, I expect that China's hosting will be better now since its the WC.

Overall, I think you will do just fine. You will most likely find another WC fan whether its a Pinoy or other nationalities, and when you do since you are both not familiar with the place you will join forces in solving problems like going to the venue or ordering food in a Chinese menu

But yeah, feel free to PM me and we can also see each other there.

Cheers!

Nearest airport is Guangzhou right? And then train na lang to Foshan?
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    Nearest airport is Guangzhou right? And then train na lang to Foshan?
    yes, guangzhou was the nearest but I discovered that late. I booked for Shenzhen.

Quote Originally Posted by crush View Post
    Hey! I alsoplan to go there. I've already bought the 5 Gilas games last April. Of the few times I been I've been to China, the biggest problem as expected is language. But you can survive you can always find someone that understands even basic English, maybe not always on your first try. Their public transportation is efficient so once you get the idea how to go to the venue from your hotel its all good.

I went there in 2015 for the Asian Championships where we bagged silver. The hassle was their ticketing system. The guy selling tix was just one guy sitting on a table in an open area, parang nag-lalako ng tickets. He was not a fixer/reseller he is a legit part of the organizing team. Then he always say its sold out yet we see him holding hundreds of tix. I remember me and some other Pinoys begging tix from Chinese leaving at halftime just to get into the games. Although, I expect that China's hosting will be better now since its the WC.

Overall, I think you will do just fine. You will most likely find another WC fan whether its a Pinoy or other nationalities, and when you do since you are both not familiar with the place you will join forces in solving problems like going to the venue or ordering food in a Chinese menu

But yeah, feel free to PM me and we can also see each other there.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the offer sir. I will definitely send you a pm in case I might need help. Malayo pa naman.hehe salamat ng marami

Very tempting. RT tickets are just being sold for 2300. Do you have tickets for the games already?
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Guys, who will be watching this coming Fiba world in Foshan? I am more likely going natempt ako sa seat sale ng cebu pac.lol My worries would be how to move around in China. I will be with my wife. We will only watch the group stage matches. I was wondering if merong pupunta and maybe we could help other. We will go there on August 28 and will be back in phil dawn of September 5.
    theres a direct flight to foshan?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    Very tempting. RT tickets are just being sold for 2300. Do you have tickets for the games already?
    Wala pa im not expecting na madami manunood cguro unless serbia games pero ill buy expensive tickets for serbia games and mid tier tickets for italy and angola.hehe

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    Wala ata. Im confused with the news articles. They are saying that it would be held in shenzhen but the name of the arena is foshan something. Di din malocate google maps yung arena or iba ata name niya. Bro crush do you the exact location of the foshan arena? Can you give link for google maps or any program na parang google maps?

Games will be held at the Foshan International Sports and Cultural Center. I also cannot locate it exactly in google maps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foshan...ultural_Center
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

The SBP at the very least should send out or announce some sort of travel guide for fans wanting to go attend games in China.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    From PH no direct flight, unfortunately. But their distance is just 30+ km so its just like naia-bocaue,bulacan or naia-dasmarinas,cavite. Its less than an hour of train ride.

yes, guangzhou was the nearest but I discovered that late. I booked for Shenzhen.

Yes, Guangzhou and Shenzhen are the best place to fly to. Guangzhou being the nearer city. And the train is cheap just several hundred pesos.

Thanks for the offer sir. I will definitely send you a pm in case I might need help. Malayo pa naman.hehe salamat ng marami
    Sure. No prob sir, see you there.

From PH no direct flight, unfortunately. But their distance is just 30+ km so its just like naia-bocaue,bulacan or naia-dasmarinas,cavite. Its less than an hour of train ride.

Yes, Guangzhou and Shenzhen are the best place to fly to. Guangzhou being the nearer city. And the train is cheap just several hundred pesos.

Sure. No prob sir, see you there.
    sir saan ba talaga ang games? sa foshan ba or sa shenzhen? Misleading kasi yung rappler ata yun or spin article na sa shenzhen daw. Do you use an app to locate the stadium from the airport? i've researched and they were recommending DIDI. Unfortunately, the language use for that app is chineses.

sir saan ba talaga ang games? sa foshan ba or sa shenzhen? Misleading kasi yung rappler ata yun or spin article na sa shenzhen daw. Do you use an app to locate the stadium from the airport? i've researched and they were recommending DIDI. Unfortunately, the language use for that app is chineses.

Sa Foshan ang venue sir.

Venue name Foshan International Sports & Cultural Arena
    Venue address No. 95, Yuhe Road, Foshan New Town, Foshan City

Eto yung google link ng venue

https://www.google.com/maps/place/22...3.140953?hl=en

Eto yung distance from Guangzhou airport

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Guan...9079!1m0?hl=en

But you can just stay in the nearby hotels from the venue. the stadium is nearby the metro station. if you can find a hotel near a metro station you can stay there and just take a metro to the venue. Although I hoping that the organizers have Free shuttle services to the venue

The nearest station to the venue (literally just outside the metro) is Xincheng Dong (the end station). You can view the train line and the stations here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangfo_Metro

You could download Google maps, Here and Maps.Me. Personally, I use Maps.Me. All 3 apps has features that allows you to use it without a need for internet.

Hope that helps, Cheers!

Sa Foshan ang venue sir.

Venue name Foshan International Sports & Cultural Arena
    Venue address No. 95, Yuhe Road, Foshan New Town, Foshan City

Eto yung google link ng venue

https://www.google.com/maps/place/22...3.140953?hl=en

Eto yung distance from Guangzhou airport

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Guan...9079!1m0?hl=en

But you can just stay in the nearby hotels from the venue. the stadium is nearby the metro station. if you can find a hotel near a metro station you can stay there and just take a metro to the venue. Although I hoping that the organizers have Free shuttle services to the venue

The nearest station to the venue (literally just outside the metro) is Xincheng Dong (the end station). You can view the train line and the stations here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangfo_Metro

You could download Google maps, Here and Maps.Me. Personally, I use Maps.Me. All 3 apps has features that allows you to use it without a need for internet.

Hope that helps, Cheers!
    Salamat sa info sir. Problema ng google maps sa china walang street view. buti pa sa gensan saatin halos lahat ng streets.XD My flight is through Shenzhen. When will you arrive in China? Hopefully, we could form a strong team despite castro declining to play. I hope GS and Kiefer would be included. I am not familiar with Bolick's play and Cj is a bit erratic before. I haven't followed the local league for years now because of their half hearted support for our NT.
    Last edited by TWiTCH; 06-23-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Seriously thinking of being in Foshan for the games. May have to take a week off from work (August 31 is a Saturday) starting September 02.

Let's see how it pans out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    Seriously thinking of being in Foshan for the games. May have to take a week off from work (August 31 is a Saturday) starting September 02.

Let's go sir!XD I hope they include Slaughter over Almazan. I havent still bought game tickets. I am expecting that a lot would be available. Im on the process of getting a visa hopefully mid next month.

Salamat sa info sir. Problema ng google maps sa china walang street view. buti pa sa gensan saatin halos lahat ng streets.XD My flight is through Shenzhen. When will you arrive in China? Hopefully, we could form a strong team despite castro declining to play. I hope GS and Kiefer would be included. I am not familiar with Bolick's play and Cj is a bit erratic before. I haven't followed the local league for years now because of their half hearted support for our NT.

Cool, Shenzhen is still an accessible route to Foshan. Hopefully I arrive on Aug 28. I can relate, I don't watch PBA that much because of their NT stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post

Go! The more the merrier. I expect a good amount of Pinoys to fly in and OFWs in China to travel to Foshan.