Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kobe Paras Thread

Default Kobe Paras in CSUN

This thread is exclusively for discussions pertaining to Kobe Paras' stint at the California State University Northridge Matadors Men's Basketball Team in the US NCAA. After his unsuccessful stint in Creighton, we can only hope Kobe could find success in his new school and team so that one day he becomes the first homegrown Filipino player ever drafted in the NBA.

For recording purposes, Kobe's stats in Creighton will still be kept in the first post, and his stats in CSUN will be posted on the top of his stats in Creighton.

Kobe Paras - Creighton Bluejays

Kobe-Paras-MediaDay-300x292.jpg

US NCAA 2016-2017 Season (25-10) - 5.0mpg 1.4ppg 1.0rpg 0.2 apg 0.2spg 0.1bpg

11/11/16 W vs Missouri-Kansas City - 6mins 1reb 1ast
    11/15/16 W vs Wisconsin - DNP
    11/18/16 W vs Washington State - 17mins 3pts 4rebs 1stl
    11/20/16 W vs North Carolina State - 2mins
    11/21/16 W vs Mississipi - DNP
    11/26/16 W vs Loyola Maryland - 8mins 2pts 1reb
    11/29/16 W vs Buffalo - 2mins 1pt
    12/03/16 W vs Akron - DNP
    12/07/16 W @ Nebraska - 19secs
    12/09/16 W vs Longwood - 12mins 6pts 1reb 1stl
    12/17/16 W vs Oral Roberts - DNP
    12/20/16 W @ Arizona State - DNP
    12/28/16 W vs Seton Hall - DNP

12/31/16 L vs (1) Villanova - DNP
    01/04/17 W @ St. John's - DNP
    01/07/17 W Providence - 1min
    01/11/17 W vs (12) Butler - DNP
    01/14/17 W vs Truman State - 11mins 5pts 3rebs
    01/16/17 W vs (22) Xavier - DNP

01/21/17 L vs Marquette - DNP
    01/25/17 L @ Georgetown - 3mins 2rebs

01/28/17 W vs DePaul - 1min 1ast
    01/31/17 W @ (16) Butler - DNP

02/04/17 L vs Xavier - DNP
    02/11/17 W @ DePaul - 4mins 1reb 1ast 1blk
    02/15/17 L @ Seton Hall - DNP
    02/19/17 W vs Georgetown - DNP
    02/22/17 L vs Providence - DNP
    02/25/17 L @ Villanova - DNP

02/28/17 W vs St. John's - <1min
    03/04/17 L vs Marquette - DNP

Big East Tournament (@ Madison Square Garden, NY)

03/09/17 W vs (3) Providence - DNP
    03/10/17 W vs (7) Xavier - DNP

03/11/17 L vs (1) Villanova - 1min

US NCAA Division I Tournament (@ Sacramento, CA)

03/17/19 L vs (11) Rhode Island - 2mins 3pts 1reb
    Last edited by judasmartel; 05-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

Let me in...

in on this...so do we ask the mod to lock the other thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    in on this...so do we ask the mod to lock the other thread then?
    I guess so. Also, the thread starter doesn't care about that thread anymore.

The schedule of games is posted on my signature.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/...44a147c98.html

PARAS: His highlight came in the second half, when he drove along the baseline and rose up for a one-handed slam. He had another nice take. He also hit a jumper. … Paras brings energy and effort to practice, and he has intriguing offensive talent. But the Jays have relied on three proven veterans on the wing so far.

Is there a privacy setting on each thread or no? Because some members of this site is on read mode only and is not active interacting to others.

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/...44a147c98.html

PARAS: His highlight came in the second half, when he drove along the baseline and rose up for a one-handed slam. He had another nice take. He also hit a jumper. … Paras brings energy and effort to practice, and he has intriguing offensive talent. But the Jays have relied on three proven veterans on the wing so far.
    watching the video and seeing KP play, parang larong mayaman? he wasn't hustling or being aggressive and seems lost in the plays.
    Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

Quote Originally Posted by DS_42 View Post
    watching the video and seeing KP play, parang larong mayaman? he wasn't hustling or being aggressive and seems lost in the plays.
    It's going to take some time for KP to learn Coach Greg's system. The one thing going for him is that by now he is starting to get used to the American style of basketball, as if his stints in Middlebrooks and Cathedral are not enough. For now, I do not expect him to dominate right away, but I do want Coach Greg to at least give him enough burn to actually learn the system; Sink or Swim, ika nga.

For now, I want KP to improve on his game, learn team play and discipline, and work hard on both ends of the floor, especially defense, where it really matters most. If he does this, he will go a long way, and the faster he does this, the sooner Coach Greg will trust him to carry Creighton to the US NCAA tournaments in the future.

Let me say this in Visayan, "Depensa lang sa', Dong, para ganahan si Koots (Coach) nga ibabad ka sa game."
    Last edited by judasmartel; 12-12-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

I just hope Kobe gets playing time against Oral Roberts and ASU. With conference play looming, Kobe might get to play exclusively in garbage time. Let us just hope he gets the breaks and eventually end up in the rotation come Big East and NCAA Tournaments time. Just keep hanging on and be patient out there!

UCLA IG is following Kobe Paras?

https://www.instagram.com/uclambb/?hl=en

I remember UCLA IG removed Kobe from IG before and now they are following him again?

I wonder what could be the reason.....

Just a theory: They will get him back after this season...

^^^Sorry for this absolute nonsense

I remember UCLA IG removed Kobe from IG before and now they are following him again?

It only follows 49 accounts and Kobe is one of them. That means something.

When junior Marcus Foster caught a three-quarter-court outlet pass, dribbled once and finished with a one-handed dunk against Akron, the CU reserves jumped to their feet and turned to Mintz, who pretended to faint as he wilted into their arms. Freshmen Kobe Paras and Jordan Scurry were leading bench-wide shoulder shimmy moves after a Cole Huff 3-pointer a few minutes earlier.

Right after Toby Hegner’s sequence of back-to-back dunks late in last week’s win at Nebraska, Paras skipped around the bench, redshirt freshman Martin Krampelj flexed both arms, Scurry placed his hand over his mouth, and Mintz simply sat and smiled.

They’ve held each other back. They’ve hopped up and down. They’ve screamed and yelled. It’s not something they coordinate or script much — they just try to give their pure reaction.

And it makes a difference, according to senior guard Maurice Watson.

“Every time we score, they’re doing a celebration on the sideline,” Watson said. “It’s really hyping us up. I really don’t think those guys get enough credit for what they do on the sideline.”

Positivity matters, he said.

Paras confirmed this. He’s played only 47 total minutes so far, but he’s been encouraged every time out by the helpful words from teammates. During a timeout or a pause in the action, he’ll hear things — “just keep playing hard” or “you got this” — and it’ll help him immediately reset after maybe missing a shot or botching an assignment.

So Paras is just trying to lift his teammates in that same manner.

“It’s great that what we do from the bench can spread to everyone,” Paras said. “I want to be there for my team. Every timeout, I’m going to sprint out on the court. High-five them. Just bring energy.”

In the meantime, Paras hasn’t stopped working to improve.

He was out running sprints well after Creighton’s Sunday practice because he thinks his conditioning needs work. He’d like to be a better shooter, defender, rebounder, leader. All aspects of his game require his attention, Paras said.

That’s the mentality you must have, according to coach Greg McDermott.

The freshmen can party on the bench after lob-dunks and fast-break 3-pointers, but they’d better still be mentally engaged in the game.

“Make sure you’ve prepared yourself in case your number’s called,” McDermott said.

The same way Krampelj did. He logged 19 total minutes during Creighton’s first five contests. Then senior center Zach Hanson went down with an injury. Krampelj has averaged 11.4 minutes per game since.

So with that in mind, guys like Mintz, Paras, Scurry and sophomore Ronnie Harrell plan to remain committed to getting better in practice — while doing all they can to support teammates until that moment they’re asked to step on the court.

“Our team is making history,” Mintz said. “That’s making me proud. I don’t mind waiting patiently on a winning team.”

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-...4d7e3c616.html

Quote Originally Posted by fordmo47 View Post
    I just hope Kobe gets playing time against Oral Roberts and ASU. With conference play looming, Kobe might get to play exclusively in garbage time. Let us just hope he gets the breaks and eventually end up in the rotation come Big East and NCAA Tournaments time. Just keep hanging on and be patient out there!

Yep...I really hope Kobe gets another breakout game where he can show to the coaching staff that he belongs...quite sadly, his conditioning is not up to par compared Foster and Thomas...

He really needs to work on his conditioning...

I don't think they need kobe, since they already recruited 4 top 50 espn rank player. Maybe they are just interested in kobe's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jc Mark View Post
    I don't think they need kobe, since they already recruited 4 top 50 espn rank player. Maybe they are just interested in kobe's progress.
    I'm sure Kobe is stating right where he is, to go back to UCLA he'd have to red shirt and not play for an entire season.

Creighton is a good place for him, it's a powerhouse team and if Kobe puts in the work and stays positive he should be a dominant player by his junior year.
    We The North

Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    I'm sure Kobe is stating right where he is, to go back to UCLA he'd have to red shirt and not play for an entire season.

Creighton is a good place for him, it's a powerhouse team and if Kobe puts in the work and stays positive he should be a dominant player by his junior year.
    Yeah right, i also expect him to get significant minutes by his JR or SR year.

So kobe really has this documentary. Does anyone know when it will be shown?

https://twitter.com/chs_phantoms/sta...53410073706497

His coach says in February....https://twitter.com/coachmiddlebrks/...69193575215104

Personally, I don't mind if one day UCLA actually gets Kobe back...That's where he was supposed to go anyway....I don't mind if he doesn't play for a year being a redshirt transfer...As long as he's a starter for the following year and becomes eligible for 2018 NBA draft... ...I mean, it's going to be an interesting event for Kobe imo....just my opinion...I think I'm too crazy for saying all of this...forgive me...

I think UCLA has now realized and recognized how big Kobe Paras really is in the Philippines... lol

Being featured in Fox Sports is something, let alone to have your own Documentary...that's really something...

I think they believe Kobe is a potential NBA player and the hype surrounds Kobe Paras...

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast