This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2017 Prediction Game

Nope I'm not running it this year, even though I enjoyed running the Olympic games one in 2016, new job means I don't have the time this year. But with the tournament starting this week, and christodoulou76 (who has run a few tournaments himself) letting me know he's declining to do this one, I wanted to leave it open to anyone who wanted to run it.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Too busy. Sorry.

Comment

Sorry, I would have replaced you if I could, but I do not have enough time this year with my job.
      But I could still participate to try to win a second consecutive year
      Gold medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

Where can I post my previews for EuroBasket 2017 games? Thanks
        cigarafterten.com - italian basketball & other stories

Comment

Ok, i'll do it.

IBN Eurobasket Prediction Game: The Rules
          Submit your predictions each game day to this thread. I will publish the results at the end of each game day (as well as cumulative results as the tournament progresses).

Please enter the results in the following format:
          ESP-MNE
          If you think Spain will beat Montenegro by 12 points, enter in:
          ESP-MNE 12
          If you think Montenegro will beat Spain by 31 points, enter in:
          ESP-MNE -31

The game's points are calculated as follows:
          * if your prediction of the winning team is correct = 3 pts.
          * if you predict the exact point difference of the final score you get 5 extra pts (3+5 = 8 pts)
          * your point difference prediction is off by 1, you get 3 extra pts (3+3 = 6 pts)
          * your point difference prediction is off by 2 = 2 extra (3+2 = 5 pts)
          * your point difference is off by 3 = 1 extra (3+1 = 4 pts)
          * your prediction of the winning team is incorrect = minus 2 pts

Please note that if you do not predict the winning team correctly, you are not eligible to receive any of the extra points. (e.g. ESP beats MNE by 2, you predicted -1, you do not get an extra point for being 3 away from the actual score because you did not predict that ESP would win the game).

Good luck everyone!
          Last edited by christodoulou76; 08-28-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Game Day One: Aug 31 and Sep 1

SLO-POL
            GER-UKR
            ISL-GRE
            LTU-GEO
            FRA-FIN
            ITA-ISR
            BEL-GBR
            HUN-CRO
            SRB-LAT
            ESP-MNE
            ROU-CZE
            TUR-RUS

I am using IOC country codes (for a list of these, see here). Please submit your entries before 12:45 (CEST) on August 31.
            Last edited by christodoulou76; 08-28-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Slo-pol 14
              ger-ukr 13
              isl-gre -17
              ltu-geo -5
              fra-fin 8
              ita-isr 5
              bel-gbr 8
              hun-cro -18
              srb-lat 6
              esp-mne 8
              rou-cze -9
              tur-rus 7

Comment

Slo-Pol 6
                Ger-Ukr 13
                Isl-Gre -17
                Ltu-Geo 4
                Fra-Fin 10
                Ita-Isr 6
                Bel-Gbr 11
                Hun-Cro -16
                Srb-Lat 4
                Esp-Mne 15
                Rou-Cze -12
                Tur-Rus -6
                Last edited by R1ou; 08-31-2017, 09:22 AM.
                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

slo-pol 6
                  ger-ukr 8
                  isl-gre -25
                  ltu-geo 11
                  fra-fin 2
                  ita-isr 16
                  bel-gbr 12
                  hun-cro -6
                  srb-lat -3
                  esp-mne 12
                  rou-cze -18
                  tur-rus 2

Comment

08.31.2017 - DAY 1 Predictions:

SLO-POL (8). I'm not going to lie, Slovenia kinda dropped in my respect meter as they attempt to rectify their topsy turvy road preparing for EB'17 by naturalizing Anthony Randolph! My favorite player in the basketball world, Luka Doncic, needs a bit more help than his 2016-2017 Real Madrid teammate to medal this year, but they continue to win by double digits as these teams seem to win by +10 over the past few EB matches. Slovenia resumes the head to head trend, Slovenia 78-70.

GER-UKR (9). In their chase to reach a medal for this first time since 2005, Germany makes a strong statement against a slower and depleted Ukraine. Their backcourt will cause major headaches, Germany 80-71.

ISL-GRE (-12). I can't wait to watch Iceland's Tryggvi Hlinason, but Greece is entirely too exerienced and big for ISL in this one as Bourousis and Printezis will have little control almost every aspect of the paint on both sides of the court, Greece 81-69.

LTU-GEO (-3). Despite the injury drama pertaining to Zaza, I predicted darkhorse Georgia to finish top of Group B this year. They start that quest by upsetting Lithuania in the obvious GAME OF THE DAY. And the most recent news that Motiejunas is stuck in Houston provides even more opportunity for success, Georgia 74-71.

FRA-FIN (17). In the most lopsided matchup of the day, it will still be fun watching to see if young start Markkanen continues to prove why he is so coveted by the Chicago Bulls. Unfortunately, France is to fast, deep, and experienced in this matchup. France destroys, 93-76.

ITA-ISR (3). In what might be the shortest roster in EB history, Italy will have a plenty of challenges along the road to the playoffs without Gallo and Bargnani while Belinelli has already informed the world that this is his last chase for an EB medal. Thanks to Melli, Italy squeezes out a win in the closes game of the day, 71-68.

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoAQ View Post
                      08.31.2017 - DAY 1 Predictions:

SLO-POL (8). I'm not going to lie, Slovenia kinda dropped in my respect meter as they attempt to rectify their topsy turvy road preparing for EB'17 by naturalizing Anthony Randolph! My favorite player in the basketball world, Luka Doncic, needs a bit more help than his 2016-2017 Real Madrid teammate to medal this year, but they continue to win by double digits as these teams seem to win by +10 over the past few EB matches. Slovenia resumes the head to head trend, Slovenia 78-70.

GER-UKR (9). In their chase to reach a medal for this first time since 2005, Germany makes a strong statement against a slower and depleted Ukraine. Their backcourt will cause major headaches, Germany 80-71.

ISL-GRE (-12). I can't wait to watch Iceland's Tryggvi Hlinason, but Greece is entirely too exerienced and big for ISL in this one as Bourousis and Printezis will have little control almost every aspect of the paint on both sides of the court, Greece 81-69.

LTU-GEO (-3). Despite the injury drama pertaining to Zaza, I predicted darkhorse Georgia to finish top of Group B this year. They start that quest by upsetting Lithuania in the obvious GAME OF THE DAY. And the most recent news that Motiejunas is stuck in Houston provides even more opportunity for success, Georgia 74-71.

FRA-FIN (17). In the most lopsided matchup of the day, it will still be fun watching to see if young start Markkanen continues to prove why he is so coveted by the Chicago Bulls. Unfortunately, France is to fast, deep, and experienced in this matchup. France destroys, 93-76.

ITA-ISR (3). In what might be the shortest roster in EB history, Italy will have a plenty of challenges along the road to the playoffs without Gallo and Bargnani while Belinelli has already informed the world that this is his last chase for an EB medal. Thanks to Melli, Italy squeezes out a win in the closes game of the day, 71-68.
                      To make it easier for me, please post all your predictions for each game day in the same post.

Comment

slo-pol 8
                        ger-ukr 9
                        isl-gre -12
                        ltu-geo -3
                        fra-fin 17
                        ita-isr -3
                        bel-gbr 9
                        hun-cro -12
                        srb-lat 3
                        esp-mne 11
                        rou-cze -16
                        tur-rus 6
                        Last edited by LorenzoAQ; 08-28-2017, 04:40 PM. Reason: Serbia wins by 3 vs Latvia... sorry I had a typo

Comment

Slo-Pol 15
                          Ger-Ukr 7
                          Isl -Gre -22
                          Ltu-Geo 10
                          Fra-Fin 7
                          Ita-Isr -4
                          Bel-Gbr 12
                          Hun-Cro -17
                          Srb-Lat 8
                          Esp-Mne 12
                          Rou-Cze -24
                          Tur-Rus 8
                          Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

slo-pol 10
                            ger-ukr 7
                            isl-gre -13
                            ltu-geo 3
                            fra-fin 5
                            ita-isr 5
                            bel-gbr 5
                            hun-cro -15
                            srb-lat 5
                            esp-mne 20
                            rou-cze -7
                            tur-rus 5
                            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

slo-pol 12
                              ger-ukr 10
                              isl-gre -8
                              ltu-geo 1
                              fra-fin 10
                              ita-isr 10
                              bel-gbr 8
                              hun-cro 5
                              srb-lat 3
                              esp-mne 14