24 48.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd-place Game: Lithuania: Greece

watch you language
    Matiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx
    Not only that, but the liths came here for gold and now thats over too.
    No, the official objective of Lithuanian NT was to get a ticket to olympics, not to win gold, so stop whining.

Anyway, the game should start in 20 minutes and for me this will be one of the most interesting games of this EC.

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.Is.M.
    Correction:It's not Παπαδοπουλος, it's Παπαδόπουλος and Σπανούλης instead of Σπανουλης!
    She should also learn 2 write the full names, like:Θοδωρής Παπαλουκάς, Δημήτρης Διαμαντίδης etc etc...
    Anybody who doesn't speak and write greek should b banned
    please Matiz ban myself of not knowing to write LaKovic name

smile brothers
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

Quote Originally Posted by KlaipedaLT
    I don't want the medal, give it to the Greeks. We embarrassed ourselves yesterday and we don't deserve to step foot on a basketball court.
    Absolute nonsense. There's a highly skilled and determined opponent out there every day and no team has a God given right to win.

The Lithuanian team must overcome both the fatigue of three games in three days and the disappointment of yesterday's loss and clinch an Olympic berth against Greece today. That would mean Lithuania will have qualified for five Olympics in a row, something only the States have managed until now. And only two losses over three Eurobasket tournaments would not be a shabby record by any means.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-17-2007 at 01:39 PM.

the greek team lost yesterday.pasok losy today.i am sick three days what else wrong is going to happen?i must change my username

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat
    The Lithuanian team most overcome both the fatigue of three games in three days and the disappointment of yesterday's loss and clinch an Olympic berth against Greece today. That would mean Lithuania will have qualified for five Olympics in a row, something only the States have managed until now. And only two losses over three Eurobasket tournaments would not be a shabby record by any means.

For sure! Like i said, i'm happy about my NT because we are back to the top. Yes, we are not in the final, but we are one of the best teams in Eurobasket surely!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Gytaz
    No, the official objective of Lithuanian NT was to get a ticket to olympics, not to win gold, so stop whining.

Anyway, the game should start in 20 minutes and for me this will be one of the most interesting games of this EC.
    I don't settle for bronze, especially when we were good enough to win gold. Our
    NT was better than the Russian NT, and that is the reason I'm disappointed. If in my heart, I knew Russia was the better team I would have been happy with an effort but knowing that the game was in our hands and our team playing poorly when the tournament on the line makes me mad.

When we lost against the US in a close game in 2000 I was happy simply with the performance and was proud of our resilient effort, but this was a game we should of and could have won but didn't take advantage of our opportunities.

Also, can someone explain to me why Macas isn't playing for us. Is it because of the injury because we could have really used him last night. A lineup of Saras/Macas/Siska/Songaila/Lavrinovic could be deadly.

Why couldn't we have opened up the game against Russia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KlaipedaLT
    Also, can someone explain to me why Macas isn't playing for us. Is it because of the injury because we could have really used him last night. A lineup of Saras/Macas/Siska/Songaila/Lavrinovic could be deadly.
    His leg was healthy, but muscles were still too weak. So then NT played preparation games , Macas was working on them in Klaipeda stadium

http://www.vtv.lt/naujienos/siandien...neriu-v-3.html

Bad officiating again. Non-existant flagrant on Dikoudis, a technical or flagrant foul that wasn't given to Diamantidis (and by that i mean that Diamantidis hit Kaukenas, or whoever it was).

I believe they have to really start using videos on FIBA tournaments, for every decision. Add a fourth referee watching from the video, or something like that.

Lithuania should b thanking Papadopoulos 4 getting a technical foul.This gave them 5 points and built them the lead they have.It's a relatively good game so far, both teams r disappointed, but they try 2 overcome that.
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Remon
    Bad officiating again. Non-existant flagrant on Dikoudis, a technical or flagrant foul that wasn't given to Diamantidis (and by that i mean that Diamantidis hit Kaukenas, or whoever it was).
    i think in that episodes Diamantidis and Songaila both received technicals

Something else, both teams play without much spirit. Seems like the 3rd place in Europe for these teams isn't good enough...

papadopoulos
    omg!
    this player sucks big time!auful in offence BUT MOST AUFUL IN DEFENCE
    i watched greece's games.when he was in the court we were loosing and the opponents start getting a margin.when hes out we cover the margin.and then yannakis puts him in the court again.
    THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN ALL GAMES. CHECK THEM

Quote Originally Posted by KONSTANTINE
    papadopoulos
    omg!
    i watched greece's games.when he was in the court we were loosing and the opponents start getting a margin.when hes out we cover the margin.and then yannakis puts him in the court again.
    I think that if he doesn't adjust his game and respond more quickly, he should no longer b that important 2 the team(if he remains a member at all).

P.S.Actually that play with Diamantidis and Songaila receiving one anti-sportive foul each was probably an anti-sportive foul only by Diamantidis...but I shouldn't say that.I should cry that the refs r against is like some others do...
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

42:49 for Lithuania and 15 minutes to end ....

54:62 after 3rd quarter for Lithuania ... YEAH !!!

Zisis game.

Quote Originally Posted by achinet
    Zisis game.

Mpa. Siska is the man.
    ARIS THESSALONIKI - SEMPER FIDELIS

Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KONSTANTINE
    papadopoulos
    omg!
    If Yannakis played Kakiouzis at power forward that would open spaces for the guards to penetrate and for Papadopoulos to operate in the zone, because he is very dangerous one on one. But he insists on using Dikoudis at power forward who has a not that quick realease for a perimeter shot and is not quick enough to beat another forwards off the drible, plus the circulation of the ball gets slower.And as a result, there are more helps on Papadopoulos defense, who wasn't the quickest center in the world anyway, and that limits his production in my opinion.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast