Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greece

26 52.00%
  • Lithuania

24 48.00%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd-place Game: Lithuania: Greece

The Liths are the favourites here. The Liths play bad in do or die games and the Greeks play better in do or die games. But this isn't a do or die game. No real pressure, so Lithuanians will make all the crazy threepointers and demotivate the allready demotivated Greeks who are used to playing in the big finals the last two years.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Default Good luck to both teams, one will win

and gain a place in the Olympic tournament.I predict a strong fight tonight, both teams were aiming for the Final and didnt make it. Both teams are super-tired after a 3 day non-stop battle of games without rest. Both teams are eager to come back home with a medal.
    And both team's countries and fans are basketball lovers, so, I'm prepared for a good game tonight.

As a greek, I wish our boys to bring home that medal. They are the current Eurochamps till tonight, they have the World Silver medal and defeated that All-Mighty USA team. Our boys are the most spirited team players, only them would overturn our game with Slovenia, a game for basketball history chronicles. And we almost beated Spain yesterday under the most negative circumstances. I know the Lithuanians will give their best tonight, hopefully we give too our best as we did in our game with Spain.

just imagine how good it will be, if those two teams would play in the final tonight. Hellas, with huge spirit after victory against Spain, and Lietuva, trying to take gold, for all those losses in WC. But if Lithuanias NT players feels as bad as i am after yesterday, it will be very hard for them

the feelings are very similar to those, which I was experiencing after the famous 18/28 game in the Olympic semifinal. and after that game lithuanians didn't fight hard against the dream team in the bronze medal match. somehow i feel that we will have a sort of dejavu.. I will be glad, if I am wrong right now, though...

damn, Lithuanians are usually so optimimistic. Come on guys. You should say that you guys are going to beat Greece easy and bash the ugly Greek game.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Go Lithuania!!! i hope Sarunas Jasikevicius will play better than yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious
    damn, Lithuanians are usually so optimimistic. Come on guys. You should say that you guys are going to beat Greece easy and bash the ugly Greek game.
    we are optimistic. till we see reasons for that. now we lost the game to the opponent you cannot loose to. and there's noone to blame - even lamonica did nothing wrong (or at least I didn't see any faults of him).

lol. people just try to be honest.... but if you insist i would confirm that Greek Team has no chance whatsoever Zero.... this nonsense basketball and the idea of the Holy team helped by some imaginary Gods should be stopped. period. Refs for sure will whistle again again because everybody are simple bored of the greek complains. Papadoulakas will be afraid to move - diaharea problems you know, Spanuolis will be busy looking towards the stands to glimpse the gorgeous Nadia, Papaloukas is already dreaming about his next El MVP award and the Diamantidis will get a knockdown by Kleiza 2:14 1st quarter. We just need to give the ball to Siskauskas and pack our things for Olympic Games. Lithuanian NT is da Best

P.s. dont pay attention, i am just bored. Does any greeks can write what their players say before the game ?

Strange feelings...

A medal is a medal but...

I hope we have an awful refereeing so that we can start arguing and insulting each other afterwards.

I't's the first time in days that i remember we have elections here in Greece...

Go Lithuania!!! i hope Sarunas Jasikevicius will play better than yesterday...
    Go Spain!!!Go Spain!!!Yeah!!!What time does the surgery begin?
    ...the gentle art of making enemies...

There's no point to say it's ugly while it's effective, and it's not going to be easy anyway.

It just seems we had a dream (after 7-0.. we should have been optimistic shouldn't we?), which was not a reality. I mean we were smashing one opponent after another -- Slovenia, France.. but.. there're three Group E teams in the Top 4, and Lithuania was almost beaten by Croatia (which will likely take the 5th place). It feels like we had a weaker group.

And after all, this is going to be an important match -- medal and a ticket to Olympiad, but, personally, I don't feel the thrills and importance of the match. I hope I regain it during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Afraid
    just imagine how good it will be, if those two teams would play in the final tonight. Hellas, with huge spirit after victory against Spain, and Lietuva, trying to take gold, for all those losses in WC. But if Lithuanias NT players feels as bad as i am after yesterday, it will be very hard for them
    Look at the bright side. Lithuania won the gold in 2003, Greece in 2005. Spain never did that. More over Lith was 5th in Eurobaket 2005 and always was the top team of Europe and world, though WC is always unlucky for us. The same goes for Greece, they are always strong. And Russia hadnt been at the top since 1998 or 2000? I would be very angry abour Russia if they would beat us after horrible games in groups, but now i can say- they deserved that, though i think Lithuania is stronger team generally (if we can talk this way) just couldn't find their game in finals. I hope Lithuania and Greece (specially Lithuania ) will show the quality bball in this small final!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Man, I am just a fan. I could sit and root for them patiently till the hell freezes. And after each failure say to myself "There will be another day". It's our guys in Spain that I feel sorry for. This EC and Pekin 2008 might be the last chance for some of them to feel that coveted gold in their hands.
    I know that Greek fans could feel the same for some of their older crowd playing last international basket.
    It's always sad to say goodbye to someone that gave you so many precious moments, someone that made you feel better than you actually are, someone that allowed you to feel proud of something you haven't accomplished yourself...
    Go, guys, and play. And let the better team tonight win...
    For us, the fans, there will always be another day.
    "I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrider
    Strange feelings...

A medal is a medal but...

I hope we have an awful refereeing so that we can start arguing and insulting each other afterwards.

I't's the first time in days that i remember we have elections here in Greece...
    I would like 2 forget it but unfortunately all TV stations have talk shows about the elections and ERT didn't bother 2 bradcast the classification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyrider
    Go Spain!!!Go Spain!!!Yeah!!!What time does the surgery begin?
    The doctors will start operating at 21.30 local time, which is 22.30 greek time.
    I still don't know when the judges arrive 2 grade the diving we r gonna witness
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

I am hoping for a good game, everyone will be mentally and physically exhausted from both sides, I just want to see a good and clean game.
    As far as Greece goes I'd like to see them focused on this game and not on the semi-final.

greece will win. You greeks dont get it; Russia to Lithuania is like turkey to Greece. The number one natural enemy. And we lost to them. Not only that, but the liths came here for gold and now thats over too. They are extremelly tired and demoralized beyond reason. I will still root for them. Although i think its over before it began.

Also i love the 3 games in 2 days. FIBA can go screw themselves.

I really don't get it... after repeating and repeating over and over again, there are still people around just in order to flame the whole thing up.
    1st warning

edit: and if I post a warning into your post there is a reason for it, do not delete it again.

I wanted you to know i read the warning and i thought there wasnt a point for a post that doesnt say anything to stay here... whatever, what i wrote wasnt nearly as bad as some of what other people have been writing.
    Last edited by DeusEx; 09-16-2007 at 04:25 PM.

I don't want the medal, give it to the Greeks. We embarrassed ourselves yesterday and we don't deserve to step foot on a basketball court.

Quote Originally Posted by NaF
    lol. people just try to be honest.... but if you insist i would confirm that Greek Team has no chance whatsoever Zero.... this nonsense basketball and the idea of the Holy team helped by some imaginary Gods should be stopped. period. Refs for sure will whistle again again because everybody are simple bored of the greek complains. Papadoulakas will be afraid to move - diaharea problems you know, Spanuolis will be busy looking towards the stands to glimpse the gorgeous Nadia, Papaloukas is already dreaming about his next El MVP award and the Diamantidis will get a knockdown by Kleiza 2:14 1st quarter. We just need to give the ball to Siskauskas and pack our things for Olympic Games. Lithuanian NT is da Best

P.s. dont pay attention, i am just bored. Does any greeks can write what their players say before the game ?

may i ask something.How many players does Greece has?And where Papadoulakas ans Spanuolis play.I have notice you keep writing the same thing about Greek names.Its the last time i warn you. Do you have any kind of problem with that?For first and last time you will write them as Παπαδοπουλος,Σπανουλης. Otherwise i have the army behind me.Greeks of this forum.
    YOU MUST LEARN TO WRITE GREEK LANGUAGE.THIS IS A MUST.

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.Is.M.
    The doctors will start operating at 21.30 local time, which is 22.30 greek time.
    I still don't know when the judges arrive 2 grade the diving we r gonna witness

The doctors?xaxaxaxaxaxa man this is the "QUOTE OF THE DAY".Nice nick.
    so first place quotes

1.The doctors
    2.Basket-fall
    3.European Diving Championship

I LOVE THIS FORUM
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2016-2017
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2015-2016
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2014-2015
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2013-2014
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

Quote Originally Posted by crazy green
    may i ask something.How many players does Greece has?And where Papadoulakas ans Spanuolis play.I have notice you keep writing the same thing about Greek names.Its the last time i warn you. Do you have any kind of problem with that?For first and last time you will write them as Παπαδοπουλος,Σπανουλης. Otherwise i have the army behind me.Greeks of this forum.
    YOU MUST LEARN TO WRITE GREEK LANGUAGE.THIS IS A MUST.
    Correction:It's not Παπαδοπουλος, it's Παπαδόπουλος and Σπανούλης instead of Σπανουλης!
    She should also learn 2 write the full names, like:Θοδωρής Παπαλουκάς, Δημήτρης Διαμαντίδης etc etc...
    Anybody who doesn't speak and write greek should b banned
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Quote Originally Posted by KlaipedaLT
    I don't want the medal, give it to the Greeks. We embarrassed ourselves yesterday and we don't deserve to step foot on a basketball court.
    This is what happens when you start to think about how we'll beat Spain in the finals and win gold before even getting to the finals. Actually, if Lithuania wins today, it will be more than I expected before the championship and I will be proud of our team. Saying that "we don't deserve to step foot on a basketball court" is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Gytaz; 09-16-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast