• Spain

41 50.62%
  • Russia

40 49.38%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Final: Spain vs Russia

Default Final: Spain vs Russia

The much awaited game!
    Russia back to a final after many years in the shade and Spain proving their power which has been going on since last year's WC.
    Spain an expected finalist, Russia not at all.
    Let the discussion and the voting begin!
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Well Russia should have a rest day to prepare such a game.Let see what blatt can do....

Btw,i don't know if anyone knows but wewill have two european finals tomorow in basket and volley between russia and spain and in madrid and moscow! ,what a coincidence.

Banned

....jesus christ ..i wont sleep tonight..i can taste the gold already.Good luck Russia.

I voted for Spain, but my heart is with Russia in this one. If they can repeat the defensive end of the game as they did vs. Lithuania and maybe even better offense they can surprise Spain infront of their fans.

It's clearly almost impossible in my opinion, but that's basketball, just remember how Slovenia lost to Germany and Greece. Impossible becomes all of the sudden possible.

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    I voted for Spain, but my heart is with Russia in this one.
    My vote and my heart is for Russia.
    I don't think that Spain is unbeatable at all. I am sure that will be a close game and i have trust to Blatt.

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    I voted for Spain, but my heart is with Russia in this one.
    Same here
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by softice
    My vote and my heart is for Russia.
    I don't think that Spain is unbeatable at all. I am sure that will be a close game and i have trust to Blatt.

During the last 2 years ive heard that "that Spain is no unbeatable " millions times but apart from Marko Tomas fluke the real deal is that no body beat us .
    I dont think that any team in the world is unbeatable ...but spain have been heading that way for a long time now.

And i dont think tomorrow will be any different ..even if i think that russian is the best team after spain at this eurobasket .

I did not expect such good words about Russia. I am surprised.well...thanx.

Interesting game: Spain played today with five men (and they could do that...), will they be tired? Russia too hadn't an easy life in the semi... anyway, I don't think that Greg Louganis, Klaus Dibiasi, Gao Min, Dmitri Sautin and Filippo Inzaghi (Spain's starting five) will lose this gold medal.
    Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Default Definetely hope for a Russian win

Moral justice should be brought after Spain's scandalous win against Greece, with players-actors diving on the floors creating fake-fouls, Spanish players cry-babies throwing temper-tantrums to the referees, shoving the greeks, when Greece was ahead in the score, and in their panic those actor-Divas forgot all about fair play and good sportsmanship, shame on those Diva and arrogant players who hate loosing with dignity.

Moral justice should be brought to againts those inept referees who wanted to please the home team and the spanish cheering crowds, by whistleling faux fouls againsts the Greek team. Everything on the game was a scandal, only the Greek teams superb performance inspight of all the negative forces against it, gave the game prestige. Those faux-fouls by the referres costed Greece the place in the Final.

Good news for the Spanish players is that they might consider being hired for Aldomovar next film, great actors Go Russia

good luck...I believe, fans believe, RUSSIA believe in our team!
    good luck again!

Thumbs down GL to... Muslims.

What can i say. Russians play well but because of personal prejudices i wouldnt even plan on voting for them, but damn spanish really showed bad manners vs germany. I dont think there will be a winner this year guys . not for me anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx
    What can i say. Russians play well but because of personal prejudices i wouldnt even plan on voting for them, but damn spanish really showed bad manners vs germany. I dont think there will be a winner this year guys . not for me anyway.

....thats per sure DeusEx ...not for you

Well, let's be fair.....Spanish has a great and balanced team, they play at home....Even if Spanish will play their worst game in a century, for russians it would be almost impossible to get this victory....they wouldn't be allowed and we would see some scenes that could compete for Oscar award. okey, i am not serious here.

Russians already implemented their goals 150 % and they should be proud whatever result is tomorrow.

This game is giving the chance to Kirilenko to win a title he really deserves and
    become an even greater icon than he already is. The chances of Russia to beat Spain are pretty slim but since it became clear that the biggest advantage for the furias rojas against their major rival (wounded Greece) is the homecourt (as opposed to their supposed extraterrestrial skills), nothing is impossible.

Of course, needless to say that if Kirilenko commits his 3rd foul within the first quarter, go ahead and turn your tv off....

Ps. I hope everyone noticed that the 2-3 Spanish posters who appeared lately in this forum are the definition of a sad gloryseeker (Genjuro is of course excluded). Therefore their posts should be ignored for the sake of the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKY 13
    This game is giving the chance to Kirilenko to win a title he really deserves and
    become an even greater icon than he already is. The chances of Russia to beat Spain are pretty slim but since it became clear that the biggest advantage for the furias rojas against its major rival (wounded Greece) is the homecourt (as opposed to their supposed extraterrestrial skills), nothing is impossible.

Of course, needless to say that if Kirilenko commits his 3rd foul within the first quarter, go ahead and turn your tv off....

Ps. I hope everyone noticed that the 2-3 Spanish posters who appeared lately in this forum are the definition of a sad gloryseeker (Genjuro is of course excluded). Therefore their posts should be ignored for the sake of the boards.
    bad statistic: RUSSIA didn`t win matches in home of their opponents...in friendly games and in championship(lietuva,latvia,france,germany,spain). ..all games on neutral court we won...
    so........
    let`s do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I BELIEVE!

Davai Rossia! Kirilenko will drink lots of keffir tonight and will be fresh and ready for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Let's go Russia!!!
    Beat the whining divers who will try 2 intimidate and bully u only because they play at home.
    B aware that they will have the refs on their side and that they will try 2 persuade all of us that the officials helped their opponent!!!If they r not embarrassed 2 write such things, when will they b???
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Senior Member Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!'s Avatar

My take on the Greek’s absurdity is they live in their own bubble, a situation probably caused by hyperprotection from their media, or most likely, because their journalists are fanatics too. And as a result, they actually believe in their own excuses. They really think they were humilliated in the WC final because they underestimated Spain, they really think they were crushed in the first round because the tournament hasn’t started for them yet and they really think they lost today because Calderon exaggerated a foul somewhere the third quarter.
    But the fact is, that if the refs had wistled half the fouls the Greeks were committing in every Spanish attack, they would have been crushed in the usual way.

Thumbs down Congrats! You win the dumbass award !

Quote Originally Posted by Captain CAAAVEMAAAAANNN!!
    My take on the Greek’s absurdity is they live in their own bubble, a situation probably caused by hyperprotection from their media, or most likely, because their journalists are fanatics too. And as a result, they actually believe in their own excuses. They really think they were humilliated in the WC final because they underestimated Spain, they really think they were crushed in the first round because the tournament hasn’t started for them yet and they really think they lost today because Calderon exaggerated a foul somewhere the third quarter.
    But the fact is, that if the refs had wistled half the fouls the Greeks were committing in every Spanish attack, they would have been crushed in the usual way.
    Congragulations on making a useless post. Im not greek, but your post is bull, plain and simple... Using big words doesnt make you smart here, in fact it shows your pathetic attempt to disguise poorly constructed arguments. This truly shows your limited knowledge of what has happened. You forget such minor details like Rudy's acting in the game with the greeks, the ref help for the Spaniards, and most importantly the fact that greece had 16 hours of rest before the game. How much did spain have? 1-2 days ? Fair right ? Greeks played passionately and strong, just remember the game vs Slovenia. And today even while being the underdogs, they DID have a chance to win the game. Just amazing defense by greece.

EDIT: some bastard edited my post and removed the carefully prepared offensive sentences i had written in. thanks for nothing schmucks.
    Last edited by DeusEx; 09-16-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast