This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
    He's openly against Turkish president Erdogan so the latter closed the nt doors for him.
    damn, these guys from the south are hot blooded for sure... Mixing the politics with this game of orange basketball lol. I guess in some countries being a pro athlete and having your own "incovenient" political views is a recipe for disaster then. One could even argue why would a basketball player, who doesn't even spend much of the time in his home country, should start expressing his opinion regarding the current leader of his birth nation, being far away from the region and it's political issues and etc. lol, but some just can't keep their trap shut I guess

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
      Thought I saw Theis in a recent boxscore.
      He was with the German NT this summer but dropped out, don't know the actual reason why he did it.
      1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

+ Timothe Luwawu for France, Daniel Theis for Germany
        I don't think they are that noticeable
        UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Joel Bolomboy is missing for Ukraine too. He said he will play for the national team on this EC but got injured in the Summer League or something.

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk too. He certainly had a place in the Ukraine senior national team but decided U20 EC was enough national team for him in this summer and returned to USA.

As for Len, he never plays for the national team anyways, he shouldn't even be considered as lost, you can't lose what you never had anyway. Ilgauskas would be on "notable players missing" list for 15 consecutive years.
          Last edited by BiHBasket; 08-21-2017, 11:30 PM.
          Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

He was with the German NT this summer but dropped out, don't know the actual reason why he did it.
            I saw him playing against Poland 3 days ago..

Comment

Originally posted by childress67 View Post
              I saw him playing against Poland 3 days ago..
              Exactly, the supercup in Hamburg were the first games for Schroder and Theis.
              They both joined the team on preparations on august 15.
              Extremely late.
              Tibor Pleiss and Maik Zirbes to be added to the list of missing players.
              Voigtmann is with the team but is nursing an injury, he missed entire tournaments in Russia and Germany.
              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
                Joel Bolomboy is missing for Ukraine too. He said he will play for the national team on this EC but got injured in the Summer League or something.

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk too. He certainly had a place in the Ukraine senior national team but decided U20 EC was enough national team for him in this summer and returned to USA.

As for Len, he never plays for the national team anyways, he shouldn't even be considered as lost, you can't lose what you never had anyway. Ilgauskas would be on "notable players missing" list for 15 consecutive years.
                Svi is of course still in college so playing would mean missing at least three weeks of classes. Tough way to start your senior year.
                Last edited by ncjazz; 08-22-2017, 03:55 PM.
                Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post

Croatia

Ivica Zubac - personal reasons
                  Ante Toni Žižić - personal reasons
                  Mario Hezonja - personal reasons
                  Miro Bilan - dickhead
                  Damjan Rudež

you forgot luka babić. maybe most important miss for us

Comment

Tomić also, but he is finished with NT any way
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Most damaged teams:

1. Serbia
                      2. France
                      3. Greece

Comment

Originally posted by miloje View Post
                        you forgot luka babić. maybe most important miss for us
                        agreed.
                        fun thing is, of course i know he is out but I even missed him in my table.
                        but I have been updating prep scores, injuries showing up during preps etc. for majority of teams except for ours.

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        Tomić also, but he is finished with NT any way
                        I don't think we will ever see him playing for NT again.
                        but you are right, I missed to note him as absent.

Originally posted by Obina View Post
                        Most damaged teams:

1. Serbia
                        2. France
                        3. Greece
                        Spain is missing 4 guys that would have most probably made the final cut: Llull, Mirotić, Ribas and Claver.
                        even Rudy could be added to that list (not counting Calderon who retired from NT) so it is 5 of them with him.
                        they are in front of Greece at least if not France or being even with Serbia.
                        in Serbia Jokić, Bjelica and Teodosić would have surely made it, probably Raduljica as well even if he had awful season like he did but with NT he is different.
                        but with Bjelica and Jokić in and let's say Marjanović and Kuzmić the question would be would Đorđević go with 5 or 6 bigs and if with 5 would he choose Mačvan or Raduljica. probably Raduljica.
                        Simonović would probably be in as well but he is more missed in the absence of Bjelica and Jokić then he would be missed with them and Kalinić in the team.
                        it would have probably been between Lučić and him in the case everyone is in.
                        and Lučić looked pretty good so far, plus he is a Đorđević player in Bayern.

considering the depth charts of each team probably Czech Republic is the team with biggest misses of the summer knowing the lack of depth at their team.
                        Last edited by Picek; 08-22-2017, 05:51 PM.
                        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Claver and Ribas, really? They are not big factors even in Barca. Rudy is ex player.

Llull in Real and Llull in NT are not the same. They have Rubio and Chacho. Comparing Llull and Teodosic importance in NT is a joke.

They lacks Mirotic a lot and that's it.

Teo, Bjelica, Jokic and Raduljica are the core of serbian team, near Bogdanovic.

Comment

Llull in Real and Llull in NT are not the same. They have Rubio and Chacho. Comparing Llull and Teodosic importance in NT is a joke.
                            I agree. Other than 2015 Eurobasket Llull has been a non factor for the Spanish team his entire career.
                            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Most damaged teams:

1. Serbia
                              2. France
                              3. Greece
                              I'd also put Croatia there, they are also missing many key players.
                              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Who??? Zizic and Zubac , they are still unproven players, too young , they are missing Hezonja from last year. For Serbia I would add Milutinov as well , he would be a very nice fit for this Serbian squad , but he choses again not to participate.
                                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information