Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiba getting crazy, planning to change system of qualification for Olympic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hepcat
    I basically agree with Wise but I think the defending Olympic gold medalist should get a bye. Here's what I would suggest for the Olympics:

Host
    World Champion
    Previous Olympic Champion
    5 for Europe
    3 for Americas
    3 for Asia & Oceania
    2 for Africa

Total 16

Well, what if Olympic champion = World champion? Should the place go for Olympic silver medalist, or WC silver medalist..?

Probably the best would be to exclude World Champion, and add previous Olympiad champion

Comment

Originally posted by BlackAdder
      The most obvious solution is to increase number of participating teams. Even with the time limits imposed by duration of Olympic Games its possible to organize such event with more teams.
      That would b a solution, but as far as I know all team sports tournaments in the OG r held with 12 participants.That cannot change.Having that in mind a good distribution would b:
      5 teams from Europe
      3 teams from America
      1 team from Asia
      1 team from Africa
      1 team from Oceania
      +host team
      world champion is included, so it reduces the remaining spots 4 the champions' continent by 1.if the champion comes from another continent than europe and america, then europe(the continent with most spots) could lose one spot.
      Your time is up my time is now,
      you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

Slovenia is the no.7 now... the solution of Europe getting 6 straight teams for the tournament and the rest of the world 6 is a handy one now In slovenian basketball federation we trust... not...
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information