Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's admit that

Quote Originally Posted by Mag
    Any sources? Or just a bar trash talk?
    There were some rumours here in Lithuania, that Polish basketball federation was offering Lithuania to exchange with the years of organizing the European championship. Can't remember where and who mentioned it. The only thing I remember, that it was some functionaire from our basketball federation.

Quote Originally Posted by sashikas
    There were some rumours here in Lithuania, that Polish basketball federation was offering Lithuania to exchange with the years of organizing the European championship. Can't remember where and who mentioned it. The only thing I remember, that it was some functionaire from our basketball federation.
    This is not true! EC 2009 will be in Poland. We have arenas ready to play, and new like this for in Gdansk/Gdynia where will be 1st game (and also will be play Prokom Trefl Sopot) will be ready in 2008: Just look todays pictures from airplaine:

sashikas believe me - maybe Poland can have problems with football Euro2012, but now with basketball EC2009

yep, that was the case....i think there was quite a big article in Lithuanian BB sites about this, i remember only that Bulgarians were quite eager to see polish screwing up. Additional rumors came forward last week, when Lithuanian Prime Minister was meeting with FIBA president George Vassilakopoulos and Secretary General Nar Zanolin during Eurobasket. FIBA was concerned about preparations in Poland and Zanolin jokingly asked if Lithuania would like to organize the event earlier. Well maybe that was a joke, but common ......you dont make jokes about such things.

Anyway, dont worry polish friends. I hope everything will be okey. lithuanian fans already are making plans how they will occupy Poland in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    This is not true! EC 2009 will be in Poland. We have arenas ready to play, and new like this for in Gdansk/Gdynia where will be 1st game (and also will be play Prokom Trefl Sopot) will be ready in 2008: Just look todays pictures from airplaine:

sashikas believe me - maybe Poland can have problems with football Euro2012, but now with basketball EC2009
    Relax, nobody is planning to take your chance to organize next Eurobasket. At least not Lithuania. We have enough of our problems, which certainly won't be solved till the first jumpball of EC'09.

Relax, nobody is planning to take your chance to organize next Eurobasket. At least not Lithuania. We have enough of our problems, which certainly won't be solved till the first jumpball of EC'09.
    OK, Poland will have only problems with Euro2012... we didnt start build yet any arena and politics said that we can sold this tournament

Well, for me it would be better to "exchange" the tournaments ...

It is not so sure that the new arena in Gdańsk/Sopot would be ready for 2009 championships, there are also some problems with the new Łdź arena, Sopdek arena needs serious modernisation etc.

Poland is also preparing for Euro2012, this preparations may cause some problems: slow railways (modernisation of old infrastructure), totally jammed roads (I hope we would start to build some highways) and so on.

We also need some players to be born and trained to show good basketball at home

Anyway, see you in Poland, not necessarily on basket reasons.

Well, for me it would be better to "exchange" the tournaments ...

It is not so sure that the new arena in Gdańsk/Sopot would be ready for 2009 championships, there are also some problems with the new Łdź arena, Sopdek arena needs serious modernisation etc.
    Hmmm, at least not with us We have only two big new arenas and one older (ough, don't remember, if Kauno Hale fits the requerments, probably yes)

the way fiba works like, we can always play european championship in 30 years old slovenian arenas in Tivoli/Ljubljana (4200), Tabor/Maribor(4500), Bonifika/Koper(4000) and Spodnji Duplek gym (50 or 60, forgot to count the seats)

Remember that we still have arenas in Katowice, Wloclawek or Bydgoszcz So everything is OK EC2009 in POLAND !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12