Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French players in the next draft

Ali traoré (206 cm)

16 mn , 8.6 pts , 62% 2 pts , 3.9 rbds , 0.4 blk .
    A nicely built power forward with a good touch around the rim . Has played well this season in roanne , his next destination is unknown at the moment . Can possibly be picked in the second round .

Sidibe sidiki (215 cm)

Looks like a basketball player , as long as he does not receive the ball . The report is sharp , but the former Volleyball stud is still a project at best . he should definitely have moved to the USA and played in college (had commited to kansas state) . This year played in league II and hardly received any playing time ...Not a surprise in itself , no one can pretend to play at such a high level after just having played the game seriously for 2-3 years ... undrafted.

Philippe Amagou (185 cm)

20 mn , 7.1 pts (42% 3 pts), 2.6 assists , 1.3 TO
    Strong PG with a good outside shoot and a good defensive presence . Not the best when it comes to run the offense though . A good shooter from oustide , but not nearly as good when slashing to the basket . All in all , mostlikely not NBA material at the moment . Undrafted

Yannick Bokolo(188 cm)

20 mn , 5.7 pts (58% 2pts) , 3.4 assists , 1.3 to ,
    Bokolo is an awesome leaper who tried to make the transition to PG this year . He certainly did improve his passing skills over the year , and his overall game is quite complete , included on the defensive side of the game .Not a very reliable 3 pts shooter , he is much more effective attacking the basket .
    This being said , he does not appear to be quite ready for the very high level . With a few more season under his belt though , things might change . Undrafted .

Mickael Mokongo (178cm)

21 mn , 7.4 pts , 3.2 assists , 1.2 TO , 1 stl
    Mokongo has suffered quite an injury (knee) in the end of the 2005 season and it seems like he has had a hard time recovering from it . He is a talented offensive player ( 22 pts in 15 mn against le havre in the first round of the PO) , quite polished for his age . It seems like relations between the coach/staff and mokongo have not not optimal this year though , as there are some rumours about the player asking to be traded (his agent is allegedly the same as Sefolosha...)
    “Asked if he would consider becoming a coach someday…Strickland looked up at his questioner with incredulity. ‘What, and coach people like me?"

how old are these guys? are they all black? (no offense here, just interesting)

Comment

Amagou = 27 february 1985
      Bokolo = 19 june 1985
      traore =28 february 1985
      sidiki = 14 march 85
      mokongo = 11 July 1986

And all of them are black .
      “Asked if he would consider becoming a coach someday…Strickland looked up at his questioner with incredulity. ‘What, and coach people like me?"

Comment

I can say goodluck to all the frenchmen's to make thier way at the nba so they could finally show what they can do at world cup and europe cup and win.

Comment

hey ballstorm.
          beside those players there are few others i'm interested at. first one is robert rothbart who played for paris (don't know if "played" is the right word here...) and just joined the israeli u20 team. he's said to be pretty impresive there and since we're in a great a need for any above 2.04 player he's an interesting prospect for us. how was he that season?
          the other is his teamate whom his draft stocks are on the rise - pacherov. how was he this season?

Comment

Ali Traore finally decided to remove his name from the draft this year . He is said to be in contact with either Le Mans or Nancy , but his final destination is not known at the moment .

I have not heard of Robhart for quite a long time and I can't give you any fresh news at his subject . I will post a message in a french forum though .

Pecherov has been playing in paris for a couple of months and he's been quite impressive . the parisian coach , gordon herbert , very reputed here , puts a great emphasis on defense , and in the begining pecherov struggled a little bit at this regard . It is never been easy to blend in a new team while the season began 6 months ago though , all the more when the defense plays a great role . After some time , Pecherov got accustomed to the system and he really had some impressive games . He's a good athlete , long (210 cm) and wiry , with a good array of offesnive moves . I personally think he has the tools to become a decent NBA player after a while . Now , coming from the french championship , it's safe to say that the transition will take some time . Besides a somewhat unconvincing defense , his game should translate well , since he rebounds well and is a more than decent shooter .

Pecherov 's stats

Comment

Finally , it seems like all the french players removed their names from the draft . Traore had a chance to be selected in the second round but finally opted for trying to get picked in the first round of the next draft . A wise decision for bokolo and amagou though , since they had not received lots of hype so far and will play in EL next year ...

Comment

Tell me more about Evan Fournier and Rudy Gobert? Are these elite prospects or just good prospects?

Thanks in advance and if you can give a brief detail about their game, it would be great.
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Evan Fournier is already a solid player at Pro A level. He just comes out of his best perf, with 27 points this week end. He is the second youngest player to achieve such a score in pro A, after TP.
                  He seems a wise guy also, he picked a smaller team where he had chances to play instead of a bigger team, last year.

I have not seen him play yet, and probably won't before the end of the season since I won't be much in France.
                  It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Fournier is a promising 2/3 (most likely 2 in the nba) with good handles, above average fundamentals and court vision and good toughness for his age.
                    You can read comments on his week in Portland during the last hoop summit (even if he did not shine like expected in the game world vs american). A nice video from his hoop summit can be found here.
                    Amazing body control imo considering how thin he is (i used to call him the french navarro for all his skills, i am looking to seeing if he will come close or even match the spaniard), agressiveness toward the rim, decent ability to create his own shot, decent defense. Really nba material for me (considering some other prospects).

Gobert has physical tools (tall, explosive) but he lacks weight imo and i have no clue if he could bulk up some to play C in the nba (even if the blazers had johnson in rotation at C or wahsington had another thin guy at C to play along blatche).
                    Jaiteh is probably the most promising big to come for France after seraphin. He's still young (1 or 2 years from being able to declare for the draft) and pretty raw, but he is a beast. It will be interesting to see what he will do once he leaves INSEP as he could benefit from joining a college (and follow moiso's pattern, his career would definitely not look the same). I would not mind if he joins my french team though ^^.

Comment

I can see Fournier being drafted in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

So in the coming 2012 NBA Draft there are five French players:

Evan Fournier
                        Lahaou Konate

Joffrey Lauvergne

Abdoulaye Loum
                        Mathieu Wojciechowski
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

This site says that Gobert will enter the 2013 NBA Draft.

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                            This site says that Gobert will enter the 2013 NBA Draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2013-early-entry-list
                            and there is no doubt he'll get drafted and end up on some bench. Just coming here from watching Petro's highlights few minutes ago, remembering all that hype surrounding Johan when he was young, I can't help myself believing Gobert could use a season, two or three more on some serious level in europe. He is more talented than Petro from what I've seen, but bulking up is a must and it wouldn't hurt if he'd actualy play along in the process.
                            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Livio Jean-Charles drafted by the French NBA team, the Spurs at #28

Rudy Gobert goes #27 to Denver
                              Last edited by sinobball; 06-28-2013, 03:00 AM.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information