Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of the Yugoslavian Legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.Is.M.
    U seem 2 have forgotten what is the real purpose of all junior teams.That is not 2 win medals(although this is a success too), but 2 create good players 4 the men's team.... there is no point in bragging about the successes of junior teams.
    I disagree. Junior teams are often appreciated in their own right. After all, fans ante up substantial sums for tickets to watch junior basketball, soccer, hockey etc. at the national level. These games can also be widely televised. That means there's a following for these teams and their fans can be very disappointed when they lose.

Vladimir Radmanovic is Serbian? He was born in RS I don't get your point buddy.

Don't worry about Serbia... We won the U16, U18, U19 World, and U20 gold last summer.
    Partizans starting lineup was composed of an average age of 22 year olds. Come on now and they made top 8 in World. Basketball is coming back. Our economy is rising. Don't you guys worry about us. Serbia will be at the top once again heh...

We just beat Ukraine b today by the score of 90-56.
    So, with Ivkovic leading our team I don't see any problems. Also, you have to remember that this is us playing without NBA greats like Peja Stojakovic, Vladimir Radmanovic, Aleksandar Pavlovic, and Marko Jaric...who would all be a huge boost for us.
    Best Serbian lineup would be:

Marko Jaric
    Aleksandar Pavlovic
    Peja Stojakovic
    Nenad Krstic
    Darko Milicic

Can you imagine that lineup? All NBA players...How many countries can say this?

That game against Ukraine was played without all those players and Darko Milicic+Tadija Dragicevic- who was MVP of adriatic league and was drafted in NBA this season but he decided to stay in Europe a tad bit longer like Pekovic.

So, anyone here that's "worried" about Serbia's future, please don't be because we are going to be at the top in no time. heh =D

Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek
    Vladimir Radmanovic is Serbian? He was born in RS I don't get your point buddy.

Don't worry about Serbia... We won the U16, U18, U19 World, and U20 gold last summer.
    Partizans starting lineup was composed of an average age of 22 year olds. Come on now and they made top 8 in World. Basketball is coming back. Our economy is rising. Don't you guys worry about us. Serbia will be at the top once again heh...

We just beat Ukraine b today by the score of 90-56.
    So, with Ivkovic leading our team I don't see any problems. Also, you have to remember that this is us playing without NBA greats like Peja Stojakovic, Vladimir Radmanovic, Aleksandar Pavlovic, and Marko Jaric...who would all be a huge boost for us.
    Best Serbian lineup would be:

Marko Jaric
    Aleksandar Pavlovic
    Peja Stojakovic
    Nenad Krstic
    Darko Milicic

Can you imagine that lineup? All NBA players...How many countries can say this?

That game against Ukraine was played without all those players and Darko Milicic+Tadija Dragicevic- who was MVP of adriatic league and was drafted in NBA this season but he decided to stay in Europe a tad bit longer like Pekovic.

So, anyone here that's "worried" about Serbia's future, please don't be because we are going to be at the top in no time. heh =D

Radmanovic and Pavlovic are retards. With their behavior they wouldnt be a help for the team. And we have so many good PFs, that Radmanovic will never play a game for Serbia.

We had 04 and 05 a pretty good team and still sucked and get beaten by teams like China and Newseeland.

And the whole wins one the youth tournaments are no warranty for success. In the past we had also good results on these tournaments, but a lot players never become good pros. Players like Mladen Sekularac and Veljko Tomovic played very good with the youth teams, but where are they now? The players has still to work hard, to become good pros.

And from the whole ifs we can buy nothing. From the NBA players you speak of, only Stojakovic is a realy good one. He would immediately be a big help. Jaric, Radmanovic and Pavlovic are nothing more then solid players. Jaric had a very nice time with the NT and is not a headcase like Radmanovic and Pavlovic. Jaric played also well in europe. But he is not the youngest anymore and is done for the NT. I say that, because i do not want to put him togehter with Pavlovic and Radmanovic who showed nothing so far. These 2 think, because they are from the NBA they are something better. And Milicic has to learn a lot things also. He is still far from it to be a superstar.

We have a pretty good frontcourt now. But the players from SF-PG are not on the highest european level so far. They have a lot of work im front of them. But they can definetly become good players in the future. But there is still a hole on the SF-Position. IMO this is our weakest position for now.

Yeah. I'll agree with you on one thing.

Pavlovic and Radmanovic have done nothing for the NT.

But to sit there and type like a mad man that they aren't good players.
    Jesus!

They both start in NBA, which is the biggest league in the world of basketball.

They both played key roles in this years and last years NBA playoffs and finals.

They aren't very intelligent but both play good defense and their rebounding is great. I think Pavlovic is needed more for Serbia than Radmanovic.

We don't really have a good shooting guard.

My ideal lineup would have to be consisted of these players:

PG: Marko Jaric/ Milos Teodosic

SG: Sasa Pavlovic

SF: Peja Stojakovic

PF: Nenad Krstic

C: Since there is no Divac; Darko Milicic =/

Darko is an idiot though. I don't think we can accomplish anything with him.
    He's very stupid. His low post game is weak against any decent center. His basketball IQ is close to 0, which is about the same as his brain IQ. I mean I really don't know what to say about him anymore except for...really dissapointed. You'd think practicing a bit with Divac would make him a better player...but NOooo! =/

yugoslavia never dies

ex yugo countries with overall about 25milon population have about 400-500 players playing all over the world on many difrent levels (nba, spain, italy, ncaa...to minor leagues like sweden, austria...) that is the largest nummber for somebody not named USA. and when you add those who play in our clubs you can see that talent is still there. we just need true superstars who would lead by sample of true sportmanship.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    ex yugo countries with overall about 25milon population have about 400-500 players playing all over the world on many difrent levels (nba, spain, italy, ncaa...to minor leagues like sweden, austria...) that is the largest nummber for somebody not named USA. a
    I wonder, where did you get those numbers? Imho, they must be quite more bigger, cause only in Lithuania there are LKl with 11 clubs and NKL with 19 clubs, thats already makes abou 350 players... (of course, many of them doesn't need attention ).
    signature
    --
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Predicion game!
    2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game!
    MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Predicion game! Most correct W-L predictions: re5pectas (59)
    All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Predicion game! Most correct predictions a.k.a. Eights: re5pectas (7)

Quote Originally Posted by re5pectas View Post
    I wonder, where did you get those numbers? Imho, they must be quite more bigger, cause only in Lithuania there are LKl with 11 clubs and NKL with 19 clubs, thats already makes abou 350 players... (of course, many of them doesn't need attention ).
    I think, he's talking about players, who playin' abroad and you calculated lithuanian domestic players.

Quote Originally Posted by Migelitas View Post
    I think, he's talking about players, who playin' abroad and you calculated lithuanian domestic players.
    yes, I'm talking about players who are playing otside ex-yu
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Migelitas View Post
    yes that's what he's talking about. slow balts.

Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    Yeah. I'll agree with you on one thing.

Pavlovic and Radmanovic have done nothing for the NT.

But to sit there and type like a mad man that they aren't good players.
    Jesus!

They both start in NBA, which is the biggest league in the world of basketball.

They both played key roles in this years and last years NBA playoffs and finals.

They aren't very intelligent but both play good defense and their rebounding is great. I think Pavlovic is needed more for Serbia than Radmanovic.

We don't really have a good shooting guard.

My ideal lineup would have to be consisted of these players:

PG: Marko Jaric/ Milos Teodosic

SG: Sasa Pavlovic

SF: Peja Stojakovic

PF: Nenad Krstic

C: Since there is no Divac; Darko Milicic =/

Darko is an idiot though. I don't think we can accomplish anything with him.
    He's very stupid. His low post game is weak against any decent center. His basketball IQ is close to 0, which is about the same as his brain IQ. I mean I really don't know what to say about him anymore except for...really dissapointed. You'd think practicing a bit with Divac would make him a better player...but NOooo! =/
    Igor Rakočević is a pretty handy shooting guard...

Jarić, Vujanić
    Rakočević, Tepić
    Stojaković, Pavlović
    Erceg, Radmanović, Veličković
    Miličić, Krstić, Perović

A nice mix of youth and experience...

Legacy is back in bussiness, you can watch it tomorrow in Semifinal 2.

Mind when it was created and the circumstances at that time Arkadios
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Default Darko Milicic is

a dumbass,i personally hope he will NEVER EVER play for Serbia. Krstic is the doctor of science for Milicic. Althought Milicic did get a lot of money,and has done absolutely nothing to justify his paycheck. At least he screwed over the Americans.

Default At Delija Zauvjek

Partizan is much much better team than Zvezda and will always be so

Wink

What a thread*!?

Like I already said:

Beware that future Eurobaskets don't become some kind of a "interyugo" games ;-) soon

F

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    What a thread*!?

Like I already said:

Beware that future Eurobaskets don't become some kind of a "interyugo" games ;-) soon

F

Haha, look at group C at Eurobasket 2011.
    [SIGPIC]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419WJmXXpOL.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12