Group E, day 6: Portugal vs Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunofgfreitas
    João Santos was sent off because he did (how do you say that in english...) 2 "unsportsman" ???? fouls.
    Yeah, I later learned that. After two unsportsmanlike fouls the player is ejected. But I didn't get the second btw.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

today all portugues will be with croatians if they will win, this small basketball country just need to beat greece and they will be in the quaters what a sensation would be... champions out of tournament after defeat by the portugal.. xe xe

Comment

wow, congrats portugal on the upset.

Stuart
        http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
        http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
        http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by AiwiTo
          today all portugues will be with croatians if they will win, this small basketball country just need to beat greece and they will be in the quaters what a sensation would be... champions out of tournament after defeat by the portugal.. xe xe
          Not nessesary, if Portugal wins against Greece - they have same 2 wins as Greece, and calculations begins... don't wana start it
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
          2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
          MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
          All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
          2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Congrads Portugal

Great game by Portugal, terrible one by us.
            the toll of playing so many games this summer and being away from home for so long has come to collect in this game.
            We tried to have a little run at the end but fell short.
            All we can do now is beat Spain and pray...

Comment

i think we should pray before taking on spain.

Comment

Originally posted by AiwiTo
                Sorry my friend, but you should know your history by now, Greece always beats Portugal
                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Congrats Portugal!
                  MACCABI TEL AVIV
                  Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

Ok so Israel beat Croatia on friday and lost to portugal on sunday . I had the feeling that france was the only team that could possibly achieve such a strange performance .

Thanks for proving me wrong , I feel less lonely .

Cheers to portugal , and to our "french" portugese philippe da silva ! (9 assits ag israel)
                    “Asked if he would consider becoming a coach someday…Strickland looked up at his questioner with incredulity. ‘What, and coach people like me?"

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                      wow, congrats portugal on the upset.

Stuart
                      If you think about it, it's a relative upset. I mean, it was Israel the team that needed an additional qualifying tournament to get into this Eurobasket...

By the way, the Croatians should built a monument devoted to Portugal...

Comment

Originally posted by Genjuro
                        If you think about it, it's a relative upset. I mean, it was Israel the team that needed an additional qualifying tournament to get into this Eurobasket...

By the way, the Croatians should built a monument devoted to Portugal...
                        very true, from one stand Portugal just confirmed their results from qualifications with these two wins they achieved, but it still is an upset from the strenght perspective.
                        Congratulations from me as well, I must say I liked the ay Portugal played, fast, simple and effective- a refreshment at such a defensive orientated tournament.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                          very true, from one stand Portugal just confirmed their results from qualifications with these two wins they achieved, but it still is an upset from the strenght perspective.
                          True. And bearing in mind Portugal's experience at this level as well.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                            True. And bearing in mind Portugal's experience at this level as well.
                            is this tournament well covered in Portugal?
                            are people more interested in bball now?
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
                              is this tournament well covered in Portugal?
                              are people more interested in bball now?
                              I was actually about to write something on that
                              RTP has been broadcasting several games, which is surprising to say the least. The (very low) interest remains the same. A win against Israel and all the meaning it had to Portuguese basketball and all you get is this from one of the national newspapers: http://ultimahora.publico.clix.pt/no...489&idCanal=56
                              Laughable to say the least
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information