Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament

What is this bullshit? Last thing i want to see is Diamantidis and the other guys playing some IDIOTIC tournament vs SHITTY teams. They are playin 60+ games per season already, for fucks sake. What does FIBA want? Basketball players dropping dead in courts like footballers do lately? Piss off. SHITHEADS.

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Why Puerto Rico is number 2, when we win the bronze medal over Brazil?
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF
    Why Puerto Rico is number 2, when we win the bronze medal over Brazil?
    That's right.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Quote Originally Posted by maka
    A
    EUR1 (RUS/LIT/GRE)
    AME3 Kanada
    AZI1 Libanon

B
    EUR2 (CRO or GER)
    AME2 Portoriko
    AZI2 Koreja

C
    EUR3 (CRO or GER)
    AME1 Brazil
    AFR1 Kamerun

D
    EUR4 (SLO or FRA)
    OCE Novi Zeland
    AFR2 Cape Verde

A1-B2
    a2-b1
    c1-d2
    c2-d1...

You heard about this?????????????????????

source?
    "Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling."

The "2nd Chance" Olympic Qualifying Tournament will be July 7-13, 2008. FIBA plans to announce the host by the end of November.

With only seven days to get down to three qualifying teams, the draw will be very important. The Euro and Americas teams are much stronger than the others.

All the Iran-Israel discussion is irrelevant because Iran already qualified as Asian champions and Israel didn't make it out of their group in the Euro Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by alermac
    Brazil will apply to host this tourney.
    Puerto Rico too

Quote Originally Posted by cadeceus
    The Euro and Americas teams are much stronger than the others.
    New Zealand is there.

can someone explain why Spain qualified directly to the Olympic Games and not Argentina?

Spain qualified as 2006 World Champions and Argentina qualified as 2nd place in the Americas.
    Quote Originally Posted by -K2-
    New Zealand is there.
    Good luck to the Tall Blacks. They'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by cadeceus
    Spain qualified as 2006 World Champions and Argentina qualified as 2nd place in the Americas.Good luck to the Tall Blacks. They'll need it.
    Olympic Games.... Argentina is the Olympic Champ, why the f... does the world champ get into the Olympics as easy as that?

the Olympic Champ should defend its title and Argentina should have gotten their spot automatically

Quote Originally Posted by -K2-
    Olympic Games.... Argentina is the Olympic Champ, why the f... does the world champ get into the Olympics as easy as that?

the Olympic Champ should defend its title and Argentina should have gotten their spot automatically
    Argentina get a direct spot on WC, when they won the olympics in Athens. The winner of 08 olympics will get a direct spot for the WC 2010. The winner of WC 2010 one direct spot for the olympics in 2012. Thats it how the FIBA handle it.

So, the teams who have already qualified are: Russia, Spain, Lithuania (Europe), USA, Argentina (America), Australia (Oceania), Angola (Africa), Iran (Asia), China (host). Right? Which leaves 3 spots open....
    Now, for the qualifying tournament.... The Asian and African teams have no hope I think. As well as Canada... So it will be between the 4 euro teams (Greece, Germany, Croatia, Slovenia), Brazil, Puerto Rico and New Zealand... It will be a tough tournament for sure...

Exclamation

The Asian and African teams have no hope I think. As well as Canada... So it will be between the 4 euro teams (Greece, Germany, Croatia, Slovenia), Brazil, Puerto Rico and New Zealand...
    You're mostly right but don't write off Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat
    You're mostly right but don't write off Canada.

Nothing personal Hepcat
    But with your 2007 roster, you surely have no hope... With Nash (mostly) and Magloire in, things will change. But will they be in the Olympic qualifying tournament?

where is turkey?

Turkey can't go on Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylex
    So, the teams who have already qualified are: Russia, Spain, Lithuania (Europe), USA, Argentina (America), Australia (Oceania), Angola (Africa), Iran (Asia), China (host). Right? Which leaves 3 spots open....
    Now, for the qualifying tournament.... The Asian and African teams have no hope I think. As well as Canada... So it will be between the 4 euro teams (Greece, Germany, Croatia, Slovenia), Brazil, Puerto Rico and New Zealand... It will be a tough tournament for sure...
    New Zealand lost by 30 to China last month and they barely won japan(8th in asia this year) by 2 at the WBC last year......leb is a much better team where they always take China to close games at the asian championships and lose by a few points and beat Ven and Fra last yr who r both better teams than NZ.......

Quote Originally Posted by karim
    New Zealand lost by 30 to China last month and they barely won japan(8th in asia this year) by 2 at the WBC last year......leb is a much better team where they always take China to close games at the asian championships and lose by a few points and beat Ven and Fra last yr who r both better teams than NZ.......
    OK. I admit that I haven't watched a New Zealand game since their best times (Loved the Maori dance ). Maybe you're right. We'll have to wait for the tournament (if there will be a tournament, strange things are heard...)
    Best of luck to your team, karim, but I believe that the Asia championships was your best shot...
    Last edited by Argylex; 09-17-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Can anyone confirm the tournament format that maka posted?

In that format the 3rd place qualifier will have to play 5 games in the 7 days that the tournament runs. Teams with a strong bench will have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylex
    OK. I admit that I haven't watched a New Zealand game since their best times (Loved the Maori dance ). Maybe you're right. We'll have to wait for the tournament (if there will be a tournament, strange things are heard...)
    Best of luck to your team, karim, but I believe that the Asia championships was your best shot...
    ya man ur right the asian championship was our best chance , im not saying lebanon will make it in the top 3 cuz i believe there are 6 teams better than lebanon but i do think leb can beat the african teams,NZ,korea and canada.....i predict lebanon will make it to the 1/8 and than lose their next elimination game........

Quote Originally Posted by karim
    ya man ur right the asian championship was our best chance , im not saying lebanon will make it in the top 3 cuz i believe there are 6 teams better than lebanon but i do think leb can beat the african teams,NZ,korea and canada.....i predict lebanon will make it to the 1/8 and than lose their next elimination game........
    Bro, Canada is a better team now!!!
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast