Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanish NT 2017

Default Spanish NT 2017

Mirotic is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Mirotic is out.
    Spain NT training camp is due to start on July 28. Unfortunately for Spaniards Nikola Mirotic was invited alongside Bishop Longin (Eparchy of New Gračanica and Midwestern America) and Bishop Kiril (South America) to celebrate the Slava of the Saint Elijah Serbian Orthodox Church in Merillville (Indiana) which take place two days later.

So, Mirotic chose to spend his time with fellow Serbs, looking to make amends for pulling down and inadvertently tearing a Serbian flag that was dropped in his face following a loss by his Spanish squad against Serbia during the EuroBasket 2015.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." (George Orwell)

Quote Originally Posted by serbianhoops View Post
    Spain NT training camp is due to start on July 28. Unfortunately for Spaniards Nikola Mirotic was invited alongside Bishop Longin (Eparchy of New Gračanica and Midwestern America) and Bishop Kiril (South America) to celebrate the Slava of the Saint Elijah Serbian Orthodox Church in Merillville (Indiana) which take place two days later.

So, Mirotic chose to spend his time with fellow Serbs, looking to make amends for pulling down and inadvertently tearing a Serbian flag that was dropped in his face following a loss by his Spanish squad against Serbia during the EuroBasket 2015.
    Yes, that is the reason he won't participate at Eurobasket.
    Get a grip..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    Yes, that is the reason he won't participate at Eurobasket.
    Get a grip..
    Earlier this month, Nikola Mirotic at the celebration of the canonization of Saint Mardarije of Libertyville & All-America, 1st Serbian Orthodox Bishop of USA & Canada.

Lately, Nikola has the soul of a mystic and he is also much more deeply committed to his people.

But how could Picek have known it ?

IMG_20170728_174215.jpg
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." (George Orwell)

WTF?¡

Mirotic's is not going to go to the Euro because the Chicago Bulls told him to remain at home, just it. Nothing about dieties and such things...

Ribas is injured, another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    WTF?¡
    Mirotic's is not going to go to the Euro because the Chicago Bulls told him to remain at home, just it. Nothing about dieties and such things...
    Go ask Mirotic on facebook why he isn't playing, though I'm not sure that Cookies Muffins will take time to reply to you. And keep a lighter side, Spain will play without any naturalized player.

well if this is true and Mirotic has turned into a religious freak,that would explain why his career has gone down the toilet and he has no value in NBA anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    This is eurobasket is going to be one of the weakest talent wise, so many absences for everybody.
    Spain lacks the naturalized player (Ibaka or Mirotic), Claver (who is injured) and Reyes&Rudy (the first is old, the second is exhausted). Our absences are not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Garbajosa and Llull?
    Jorge was an excellent player, a true leader. A PF able to do everything, good defense, good rebounding, great shot, great IQ. A pitty his injury with Raptors in his NBA period (he was playing SF). At Real Madrid he was old, and Messina was the coach, although he did good games.

Llull is like Jesuschrist, a genuine player, is similar to have Petrovic, Delibasic, Yagmur and Seibutis in the same body. I m sure that you will agree with me coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Jorge was an excellent player, a true leader. A PF able to do everything, good defense, good rebounding, great shot, great IQ. A pitty his injury with Raptors in his NBA period (he was playing SF). At Real Madrid he was old, and Messina was the coach, although he did good games.
    Yeah his injury was a real shame. He had a really good season in the NBA. A good player on a good Raptors team that almost won 50 games. He definitely would have stuck in the league and had good years in the NBA. Then more American fans could have also realized what Europe already knew about him.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Yeah his injury was a real shame. He had a really good season in the NBA. A good player on a good Raptors team that almost won 50 games. He definitely would have stuck in the league and had good years in the NBA. Then more American fans could have also realized what Europe already knew about him.
    He is an absolute warrior that did everything on the floor. There are few players in the last 20 years I had more respect for than Garbajosa.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BTW, I can only imagine how frustrating must it be for doomsayers to count the years until the retirement of both Gasol brothers (and to a lesser extent, Navarro), just to see them extending their careers enough to pass the torch to another couple of extremely talented players. Both Hernangomez brothers are really impressing me in this tournament, and, even better, they're absolutely complementary (unlike the Gasol pair, I cringe seeing them play together at this stage).

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    BTW, I can only imagine how frustrating must it be for doomsayers to count the years until the retirement of both Gasol brothers (and to a lesser extent, Navarro), just to see them extending their careers enough to pass the torch to another couple of extremely talented players. Both Hernangomez brothers are really impressing me in this tournament, and, even better, they're absolutely complementary (unlike the Gasol pair, I cringe seeing them play together at this stage).
    can you please point out whose these doomsayers are?
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeraCar View Post
    can you please point out whose these doomsayers are?
    I don't have anyone in mind. Lots of people, both inside and outside Spain, have been predicting the end of Spain's dominance since, at least, 2011. Once the golden generation retires, they argue, we would become a mediocre team again. One example from this board can be found in the 2013 Eurobasket semifinals discussion, if you want to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    I don't think I ever wrote that but I was one of the people expecting a decline. Gasol and Navarro are once-in-a-lifetime special players, impossible to replace. Anyway, clearly that decline is not happening, and does not seem like it's gonna happen in near future with Spain sweeping almost every possible gold medal at youth categories.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

why are spanish getting ofended with this statements anyway? pau gasol is with dirk nowitzki greatest european player ever. ofcourse after he retires spanish team will be weaker

Quote Originally Posted by miloje View Post
    why are spanish getting ofended with this statements anyway? pau gasol is with dirk nowitzki greatest european player ever. ofcourse after he retires spanish team will be weaker
    I wouldn't say offended. And, as I mentioned before, in Spain there are many who claim the NT will come back to nothingness once Pau no longer suits up for us. Mostly butthurt football fans who doesn't like their sport missing the spotlight. But I find it disrespectful. There are lots of people: coaches of all levels, technical staff, players who spend their vacations helping the NT in one form of another, and all of them contribute and will continue contributing regardless of Pau's presence or absence.

I agree that we hit the lottery with Gasol. But, you know, it's easier if you have a lot of tickets. And it's better if you have the means to put that lottery money to work year after year. Gasol may retire after this competition, no one knows for sure, but the machine will keep grinding and if the players keep committed to the NT, I don't think we'll hit rock bottom anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I don't think I ever wrote that but I was one of the people expecting a decline. Gasol and Navarro are once-in-a-lifetime special players, impossible to replace. Anyway, clearly that decline is not happening, and does not seem like it's gonna happen in near future with Spain sweeping almost every possible gold medal at youth categories.
    This.

There's a system in place, and, although far from perfect, it has helped develop young talent for quite a long time now. Pau Gasol's generation was an exceptional one, but there has always been a constant influx of quality players ever since. Players who have grown playing for the NT at the junior level, and who regard it as the highlight of their careers.

If you want my opinion, the main reason Spain has been a powerhouse for the last decade is not raw talent. It's the commitment from their better players to come year after year. You can build two gold-medal candidate teams with the absences from the rest of the teams. Yet here you have Pau, now 37 years old, absolutely nothing to prove, and still giving his best. Maybe the reason is because playing for Spain's NT is fun*. And that's an achievement other countries are not even actively pursuing.

*Winning is an integral ingredient of fun. Fun can cause excessive yelling and induce an state of shirtlessness. Consult with your doctor before being exposed to fun.

did you read what sergio lull said?

Quote Originally Posted by miloje View Post
    did you read what sergio lull said?
    Nope. When?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast