Serbian NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    As for Zalgiris fan, it's good to read such nice reviews about Micic. I thought the main issue with him might be stayin' healhy, now I guess playin' bball is more worryin' one
    He is doing much worse then expected. It's not that he is that bad (he is much better than he is showing) but time and time again when there is a lot of pressure he seems to shrink and play bad. His best two seasons were in Mega in Serbia and Tofas in Turkey, where there was ZERO pressure in terms of results and he had a lot of freedom to just go out and play. Unfortunately top level basketball is not like that and Zalgiris and their fanbase will be another pressure for him.

He needs to click mentally and then his game will be much better. In terms of a skillset, he is not nearly as bad as he is showing...

Comment

I like this team a lot for many reasons. I will mention just a few of them.

1. It shows how deep and talented national pool we have.

2. Unlike past years, we are going to play different basketball, grit & grind kind of basketball which amuses me very much. It pleases me to know that we have players capable to play any kind of basketball, which allows us to adjust to these awkward circumstances when we are missing tons of players and still remain a tough nut to break.

3. Those guys are going to jump on their heads for each other. I’m expecting to see a true warrior basketball, not pretty for eye, but practical and purposeful. It’s not like we have a choice, we have to embrace it to its core. Bogdan will need help and I’m sure his teammates will do everything to make his life easier.

I don’t know where this team will take us, but I know they will remind us how great basketball culture we have and how bright our future is. Togetherness is our biggest strength, again. We are aiming high no matter what.

Comment

Since 1995, until today we have 11 medals - 5 gold and silver and one bronze. It's a medal every two years on average. No one has such a continuity.

From avangarda.in

Comment

Teodosic,Markovic,Jaramaz
          Nedovic,Zagorac
          Kalinic,Simonovic
          Bjelica,Jelovac
          Jokic,Milutinov,Raduljica

Alternate Serbian team, could have won this year Eurobasket
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
            Teodosic,Markovic,Jaramaz
            Nedovic,Zagorac
            Kalinic,Simonovic
            Bjelica,Jelovac
            Jokic,Milutinov,Raduljica

Alternate Serbian team, could have won this year Eurobasket
            zagorac is more of a small forward, its funny that Grizzlies traded their future first round pick in exchange for Rade Zagorac and Deyonta Davis, so far both showed nothing, in Summer league Rade couldnt shoot, couldnt deffend, was physically inferior to players at his position, but i think he is better than Simonovic and Kalinic
            i Also think Milutinov will be one of the best centers in Europe this season
            Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Yesterday on NBA media day Jokic said that he got a lot of messages containing hate speech after final game vs Slovenia, i doubt he will play for Serbian NT again

Comment

Of course he will play if we qualify for world championship and if Djordjevic decides to invite him and I think he should .

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                  Of course he will play if we qualify for world championship and if Djordjevic decides to invite him and I think he should .
                  if you watched his interview you will notice that he doesnt give a shit about NT

Comment

So I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I can't find another Serbian NT thread.

What do you all think of former Arizona Wildcat Dusan Ristic? I always loved his game at Zona and appreciated how he really enabled Lauri to do his thing. He kind of reminds me of Taigo Splitter when he was in his prime in San Antonio. Seems like a solid choice for NT when Jokic isn't available given his combination of size, agility, and skill.

Comment

Dusan Ristic is among the 24 players initially invited to Serbian B National Team in order to prepare the FIBA World Cup European Qualifiers 4th, 5th and 6th windows.

The players will gather in Belgrade on Sunday and after 10 days of try outs, 12 of them will be selected for a tour in China from 26 July to 6 Avgust where they will take part in 2 tournaments (6 games).

Initial 24-player roster (the teams in brackets refers to the 2017-18 season)

Stefan Peno (Alba Berlin - Germany)
                      Ilija Djokovic (Borac Cacak)
                      Nikola Rebic (Bilbao - Spain)
                      Stefan Pot (FMP)
                      Luka Asceric (Mega)
                      Ognjen Jaramaz (Mega)
                      Aleksa Avramovic (Varese - Italy)
                      Nemanja Nenadic (FMP)
                      Vanja Marinkovic (Partizan)
                      Nemanja Dangubic (Crvena zvezda)
                      Ognjen Dobrić (Crvena zvezda)
                      Aleksa Radanov (Crvena zvezda)
                      Dejan Davidovac (Crvena zvezda)
                      Vojislav Stojanovic (Capo D’Orlando - Italy)
                      Nikola Rakocevic (USC - NCAA)
                      Dejan Todorovic (Bilbao - Spain)
                      Stefan Bircevic (Istanbul BSB - Turkey)
                      Luka Mitrovic (Bamberg - Germany)
                      Stefan Jankovic (Crvena zvezda)
                      Borisa Simanic (FMP)
                      Dragan Apic (FMP)
                      Dusan Ristic (Arizona - NCAA)
                      Uros Lukovic (Mornar Bar - Montenegro)
                      Nikola Jovanovic (Crvena zvezda)

Last I noticed, Nemanja Krstic (Dynamic) has been added to roster for China tour due to the absences of several players, including Luka Mitrovic who underwent a knee surgery and is out for at least 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                        So I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I can't find another Serbian NT thread.

What do you all think of former Arizona Wildcat Dusan Ristic? I always loved his game at Zona and appreciated how he really enabled Lauri to do his thing. He kind of reminds me of Taigo Splitter when he was in his prime in San Antonio. Seems like a solid choice for NT when Jokic isn't available given his combination of size, agility, and skill.
                        He sign with Zvezda today so we will watch him in Europe again.

He is kind of old school C, pretty slow and average athlete but very skilled in offense.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post

Yes he could be a very solid third center behind Jokic and Milutinov and they are all the same age , if we qualify to China and of course he could help through the qualifiers, I think he has the best and most polish back to the basket game of all our centers also he's passing is underrated and he has good mid range game, I am surprised that he wasn't drafted , somebody should have taken a chance in the second round with him , I was hoping Denver but they took Welsh instead and Ristic is much better player than him though

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information