Greek NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Seems that Koufos will not be part of the team this year. This will defenetively not help our chronic problem on the center position. Lets see what impact Papagiannis and Bogris will have in the team this year?
    One way or the other. Any one of them is not as good as Koufos. Bogris in 2015 seemed like a liability. But given that he signed for Olympiacos should be reason enough to consider that he has made some progress. Papagiannis has gained some experience in the NBA, but every good basketball analyst knows that getting some minutes in the NBA is nothing compared to being able to compete for a top team in the EL on a regular basis. On the other hand, it is undeniable that Bogris and Papagiannis are decent players. And the trio Bouroussis, Bogris, Papagiannis is formidable as well. Even though other teams have similar line ups, one can't argue that Greece has a weakness in the paint. This was the case in 2010 where all the weight fell on Bouroussis due to Koufos absence. Moreover, Auguste may well end up taking the stead of either Bogris or Papagiannis.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Papagiannis injured himself during a SL game. Does not look good!
      Ο Γιώργος Παπαγιάννης έπεσε πολύ άσχημα σε μία προσπάθεια του να μπλοκάρει έναν παίκτη των Σανς και έφυγε υποβασταζόμενος από το γήπεδο. Ο Έλληνας σέντερ έμεινε αρκετή ώρα στο παρκέ και φαινόταν να πονάει αρκετά στην πλάτη του, ενώ όταν αποχωρούσε φαινόταν να μην πατάει καλά το αριστερό του πόδι.
      You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

With only 1 naturalized slot - who will get it? Tyler Dorsey, Auguste or Calathes?

I don't believe any of these folks got their citizenship before age 16 - per fiba rules, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by sime0n View Post
          With only 1 naturalized slot - who will get it? Tyler Dorsey, Auguste or Calathes?

I don't believe any of these folks got their citizenship before age 16 - per fiba rules, correct?
          None of them counts as a natualized player.
          1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
            None of them counts as a natualized player.
            This is why FIBA’s “passport-before-the-age-of-16 rule” has garnered a lot of attention. The eligibility rule, which is found in Book 3 Chapter 1 of the FIBA Rules and Regulations, requires “any player having the right to acquire a second nationality at birth” to “lay claim to this right” before reaching the age of 16.[1]

i think all of these folks got their passports later, so they should still count as naturalized even though they have ties to Greece

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
              Papagiannis injured himself during a SL game. Does not look good!
              http://www.eurohoops.net/el/nba-news...smo-tou-video/
              A precautionary MRI conducted today on Kings center Georgios Papagiannis at Kaiser Permanente in Sacramento revealed a bruise (hematoma) in the gluteus Maximus muscle. He is expected to make a full recovery.?

Looks ok. Sounds like a bruised butt. He did hit the ground hard though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                Mantzaris-Sloukas-Giannis-Printezis-Bourousis have better than ok shooting and great presence inside.
                They should be on the floor together for 20-25 minutes at least.

Then we can play Calathes-Papanikolaou-Thanasis-Agravanis-Auguste and make it a pointless game in the 15 minutes remaining.
                Giannis is definitely not above average. Sloukas, Mantzaris, Papanikolaou, Bourousis and Pappas can shoot the ball. Agravanis and Papapetrou are OK shooters as well. There are actually plenty shooters. It's just that there is no pure shooter. Sloukas and Mantzaris are close to it. But not quite. Then again, Greece rarely ever had pure shooters. I mean, I remember that in the previous generation, Fotsis was the zone breaker. Frankly, I think that the biggest challenge is gluing this team together. But I have a feeling that some of the players will excel under Missas.
                PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                  Giannis is definitely not above average. Sloukas, Mantzaris, Papanikolaou, Bourousis and Pappas can shoot the ball. Agravanis and Papapetrou are OK shooters as well. There are actually plenty shooters. It's just that there is no pure shooter. Sloukas and Mantzaris are close to it. But not quite. Then again, Greece rarely ever had pure shooters. I mean, I remember that in the previous generation, Fotsis was the zone breaker. Frankly, I think that the biggest challenge is gluing this team together. But I have a feeling that some of the players will excel under Missas.
                  I meant that the 5 as a group have better than ok shooting, even if Giannis can't shoot. Our mistake last year imo was using both Calathes and Giannis together. They don't mix.

Comment

Originally posted by yianis View Post
                    I haven't read of plans to have Long in the team anytime soon, things though can change quickly in Greek basketball depending on availability of players.

On another note Konstantinos Mitoglou looks to be part of the final 16 anyone seen much of him whats his potential?

Just wanted to point out that Naz Long accepted an invite to Canada's national team tryout for the WC Qualification process (and AmeriCup).
                    Selfishly I hope he makes the team to lock him into Canada going forward.

Comment

Not an actual loss considering he never received a call up, but also there's a plethora of guards in the youth nts that will be able to take over in the upcoming competitions.
                      1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

No Giannis, no party.

Who will be leader now?
                        -----------------------------
                        http://www.sillonbol.com

Comment

Pappas crystalizes in the preparation as the new leader of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by merucovic View Post
                            No Giannis, no party.

Who will be leader now?
                            Printezis.
                            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                              Printezis.
                              With our spacing he'll be doubled on every possesion with no good option for a pass. Pappas can and will try his heroics but whether that makes him the leader I don't know.

Comment

Very bad team chemistry in today's loss against Gorgia at home in OAKA. But the worst to watch was not the game but Ilias Zouros giving an interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information