Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greek NT 2017

No Giannis, no party.

Who will be leader now?

Pappas crystalizes in the preparation as the new leader of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by merucovic View Post
    No Giannis, no party.

Who will be leader now?
    Printezis.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Printezis.
    With our spacing he'll be doubled on every possesion with no good option for a pass. Pappas can and will try his heroics but whether that makes him the leader I don't know.

Very bad team chemistry in today's loss against Gorgia at home in OAKA. But the worst to watch was not the game but Ilias Zouros giving an interview.

The commentators started by saying that Georgia is a team that aims in making a couple wins in the group stage and that for them advancing to the eurobasket is already a success.

So we probably won't be out of the group? If we averaged something like 15% for 3, we couldn't win the U16 Eurobasket.

You need production from your centers to be successful at Eurobasket.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    You need production from your centers to be successful at Eurobasket.
    That's 5th in our to-do list.
    Unless you mean that we shouldn't even be thinking about 3s because it's hopeless and just try to find a way to make all our 2 point shots.
    The coaching stuff did mention we're going to be posting up more so I guess the new plan is low tempo, gritty defence and try and take games to ~60 points.

The final cut will be announced Friday. Larentzakis is definitely the one being cut, the other one should be Papagiannis. He's been shocking on defence and barely a factor offensively.

Since Giannis left I think his brother should leave as well. No reason to please Giannis any more and Thanassis performance did not impress me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    Since Giannis left I think his brother should leave as well. No reason to please Giannis any more and Thanassis performance did not impress me at all.
    LOL seriously?

what's wrong between Pappas and Zouros?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Stul9 View Post
    what's wrong between Pappas and Zouros?
    When Zouros was NT coach, he cut Pappas from the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    LOL seriously?
    I forgot! Thanassis is playing for PAO. But I would prefer Mitoglou as a prospect and he is playing for PAO as well, if I am informed correctly. So that should not be a problem for you, right?

Having Missas as coach, we are in real trouble.

Team is playing like a headless chicken.

You have one natural scorer (Pappas) which you choose to only play for 12 mins (1/2 fg) and you then throw him in cold after not having played for 18 mins and expect him to win the game. That last attack was embarrassing..nothing attack.

Before that, you are up by 2. Dont allow the opposition to shoot for 3. Foul them and send them to the ft's and put the pressure on them. Then you only risk OT at worst. You even have the chance to win the game.

Papanik and Printezis played well but their points were more from individual talent than through organisation.

Missas is a fossil from the 90's and that wont change in 2 months. He wasn't even coaching before but he was Technical Director of the Olympiakos women's team. Go figure. That's why Vasilakopoulos needs to go among other things like the Giannis PR fiasco.

I'll be very surprised if Greece isn't embarrassed in this tournament like we've been by Finland and Nigeria in recent years.

The players are good, they just need a special coach that can guide them and give them roles and focus. Markopoulos and Pedoulakis would have been much better choices from the moment there is no money to hire a top level coach.
    Last edited by EverGreen; 08-24-2017 at 09:21 AM.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    That's 5th in our to-do list.
    Unless you mean that we shouldn't even be thinking about 3s because it's hopeless and just try to find a way to make all our 2 point shots.
    The coaching stuff did mention we're going to be posting up more so I guess the new plan is low tempo, gritty defence and try and take games to ~60 points.

The final cut will be announced Friday. Larentzakis is definitely the one being cut, the other one should be Papagiannis. He's been shocking on defence and barely a factor offensively.
    Our long distance shooting is so bad that Dusan Sakota should be in this team to offer solutions for zonal defence because that's all they will play against us.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

I think we have more issues defensively than offensively. If we can improve our defence things will get better.

Since all our centers are a whole on defence I would keep Bogris so he can be used for a few mins to play a few PnR and foul. I would definitely keep Agravanis since he can provide some toughness and can better serve a system without pure C (even though I don't think he is on the cut list). Between Thanassis and Mitoglou I would keep Thanassis for his contribution on defence. Mitoglou has shown some good signs in one or two preparation games and could provide some energy from the bench but his game is still raw and he lacks confidence to take advantage of his shooting potential.

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    I forgot! Thanassis is playing for PAO. But I would prefer Mitoglou as a prospect and he is playing for PAO as well, if I am informed correctly. So that should not be a problem for you, right?
    Cutting Thanasis because Giannis left is moronic. That's why I am laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    Cutting Thanasis because Giannis left is moronic. That's why I am laughing.
    Thanassis did not impress me and I have the suspicion that the reason why he has been called to the NT was just to please his brother. So since Giannis left--> Thanassis is also not required any more. If it turns out that he is the best option on his position he should be on the list, if not I would prefer Mitoglou.

And by the way it is time that Vasilakopoulos is replaced by a younger guy who is not suffering by dementia and parkinson.

EDIT: Pappas is out for the next two friendlies due to handshake ... uh... I meant "backache"
    Last edited by fasoulaki; 08-24-2017 at 05:48 PM.

I was reading on some Serbian boards that there was alleged fight between Pappas and Bourousis, and that Aggravanis and Printezis were involved as well.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    I was reading on some Serbian boards that there was alleged fight between Pappas and Bourousis, and that Aggravanis and Printezis were involved as well.
    Both Pappas and Bourousis said that these things happened all year long in Pao but in the end they were always coming along. Regarding the other fight it was an argument between Papanikolaou and Agravanis after the game against Serbia, nothing serious.

To sum up you can say there are inner issues and there's no team chemistry. It's obvious on the court.
    Last edited by R1ou; 08-24-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast