Croatian NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croatian NT 2017

Bender confirmed. It's very important tacticly for us becasue he can give some rest to Šarić at 4 or even play in tandem with Dario for some streches.
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Bender confirmed. It's very important tacticly for us becasue he can give some rest to Šarić at 4 or even play in tandem with Dario for some streches.
    Great news! I am very excited to see him play vs good players and teams. He hasn't really played any competitive basketball since he was named a child prodigy. I really want to see how he transcends the talent to a more serious competition. We all know the talent, but I am excited to see the production.

Any news on Popovic?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      Great news! I am very excited to see him play vs good players and teams. He hasn't really played any competitive basketball since he was named a child prodigy. I really want to see how he transcends the talent to a more serious competition. We all know the talent, but I am excited to see the production.

Any news on Popovic?
      Popović will play. Still waiting on Simon, Babić (injurys) and Zubac (Lakers staff)
      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
        Popović will play. Still waiting on Simon, Babić (injurys) and Zubac (Lakers staff)
        No Zubac as it seems, Lakers have different plans for him this summer.
        that means we will probably be going with Planinić, Žorić and Bilan.
        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
          No Zubac as it seems, Lakers have different plans for him this summer.
          that means we will probably be going with Planinić, Žorić and Bilan.
          no Babić because of injury and Hezonja confirmed his absence.

anyway it will be:
          Ukić, Popović
          Simon, Krušlin
          Bogdanović, Tomas,
          Šarić, Bender
          Planinić, Žorić, Bilan

And the 12th man is still open.

last year team at the olympics and preolympic tournament was:
          Ukić, Stipčević
          Simon, Hezonja, Babić, Krušlin
          Bogdanović,
          Šarić, Šakić, Arapović
          Planinić, Bilan

in comparison with last year OG team Babić will surely be the most missed one because of what he gave this team last year. defensively and offensively as he was used also as a creator when Ukić was out and his transition game helped us for some easy buckets.
          Hezonja is also a miss as guy coming in from the bench but Hezonja had a poor season, defensively he had lapses and Tomas if he doesn't get injured during preps is defensively an upgrade as he can defend both guards and SF's.
          Zubac and Žižić are NBA-ers but they still have to play for NT in order to be called as misses.
          so all in all, when you look at the names yes we are missing some guys but If we would have posted our "strongest" lineup with all NBA-ers expectations of the nation would hit the roof without even seeing them play and pressure would be enormous.
          it's how we are and our mentality is like that.
          just yesterday and today my FB account is reminding me on time spent in Torino last year for the qualifiers.
          before the qualifying tournament no one took us serious and at end it was a tournament to remember.
          just because of great chemistry and team spirit, and this year we are more or less back.
          names alone don't take you to quarters, team does.
          so I like this option, the core is from last year. Bender still needs to show his game but is an upgrade over Šakić and Planinić/Bilan duo brought us to Brasil last year.
          Žorić had a terrific end of the season in Cibona and played his best basketball so far that I have seen from him, so anyone who can actually take some minutes from Bilan is huge reinforcement.
          Popović even if he aged should bring us more creativity then Stipčević and with Popović we won't get what we were getting from Babić, but will get more creativity and outside shooting.
          Tomas brings us better defense then Hezonja did.
          all in all, we are year older and more experienced and our two best players Bogdanović and Šarić had good roles and good seasons behind them.
          especially Šarić brings more experience this year as he tasted what it is like to play in the NBA.
          this year we should actually be deeper then we were last year when we played with 8 players most of the time.
          hoping for a good tournament.
          see you in Romania and hopefully Turkey.

Comment

croatia without another center - miro bilan

Comment

Originally posted by miloje View Post
              croatia without another center - miro bilan
              that is probably not a miss but a plus.
              can't really stand Bilan, he is softer then Tomić.
              Buva looked good against third tier opponents in China but had a good showing in ACB last season as well.
              we will probably just benefit from this Bilan miss.

Comment

At center position we miss just Tomić, Žižić, Zubac, Radošević, Bilan. . . For now
                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Who is the main center in the Croatia roster after major absences in this position?

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stul9 View Post
                    Who is the main center in the Croatia roster after major absences in this position?
                    our starting center will be Darko Planinić.
                    other two are Luka Žorić and Ivan Buva.
                    Buva was with Bilbao last year, did pretty well, he moved to Turkey for next season.
                    Žorić will add experience.
                    I'm pretty confident all three of them will remain with the team and will go to EB.
                    we will also have, like we did yesterday evening, smaller lineup where Bender/Šarić could play at 5.
                    Bender did that yesterday, pretty good.

Comment

aco petrović is no longer coach of croatia nt. most likely new coach will be ante nazor

Comment

Originally posted by miloje View Post
                        aco petrović is no longer coach of croatia nt. most likely new coach will be ante nazor
                        He is that coach who was in charge of Croatian U18 and U19 NT, right?
                        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

yes, he was very successful with junior teams

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                            He is that coach who was in charge of Croatian U18 and U19 NT, right?
                            yes, but it looks like it will be Ivica Skelin at the helm of our NT.
                            he was an assistant coach under Petrović last year and this year, and he is currently head coach of the best club in the last century, KK Split.
                            young coach but without big experience, worked as a coach in Belgium and Holland.
                            if he is confirmed as a coach I guess it is mostly because the qualifications start in two months and he knows the players which will be eligible.
                            press conference by our federation will be held tomorrow and we should know the final decision tomorrow.

Comment

Skelin is confirmed
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information