Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argentina National Team

Default Argentina National Team

Well, Sergio Hernandez released two lists of players for the Argentinian NT:

Seventeen-man squad to play in the South American Championship:

Antonio Porta (PG Livorno, Italy)
    Nicolas Gianella (PG Granada, Spain)
    Sebastian Ginobili (PG Libertad, Argentina)
    Raymundo Legaria (PG Ben Hur, Argentina)
    Diego Garcia (SG Ben Hur, Argentina)
    Paolo Quinteros (SG Boca Jrs, Argentina)
    Julio Mazzaro (SG River Plate, Argentina)
    Carlos Matias Sandes (SF Boca Jrs, Argentina)
    Hernan Jasen (SF Estudiantes, Spain)
    Federico Kammerichs (SF Girona, Spain)
    Leonardo Gutierrez (PF Ben Hur, Argentina)
    Diego Logrippo ( PF Cantabria, Spain)
    Leonardo Mainoldi ( PF Burgos, Spain)
    Juan Gutierrez (C Granada, Spain)
    Martin Leiva(C Boca Juniors)
    Roman Gonzalez (C Leon, Spain)
    Pedro Calderon (C Quilmes, Argentina)

Provisional 12-man squad for the FIBA World Championship:

Daniel Farabello (PG Varese, Italy)
    Pablo Prigioni (PG Tau, Spain)
    Juan Ignacio Sanchez (PG Unicaja, Spain)
    Carlos Delfino (SG Detroit Pistons, NBA)
    Emmanuel Ginobili (SG San Antonio, NBA)
    Andres Nocioni (SF Chicago Bulls, NBA)
    Walter Herrmann (SF Unicaja, Spain)
    Leonardo Gutierrez (PF Ben Hur, Argentina)
    Luis Scola (PF Tau, Spain)
    Gabriel Fernandez (F/C Varese, Italy)
    Fabricio Oberto (C San Antonio Spurs)
    Ruben Wolkowisky (C Khimki BC, Russia).

You're again very very dangerous....... my team (of course I only know those players who play in Spain):

Jasen has played a great season, and I like Kammerichs very much... but of course I suppose there're good players playing all around teh world..........

Quote Originally Posted by mayteromanl
    You're again very very dangerous....... my team (of course I only know those players who play in Spain):

Jasen has played a great season, and I like Kammerichs very much... but of course I suppose there're good players playing all around teh world..........
    I think that the 12 provisional roster will be finally the team that will play in the WC, maybe Jasen instead of Farabello, I guess that's the only doubt that Hernandez has, the rest are pretty much in, I hope Prigioni recovers in time...

Martin Leiva was invited to a camp with the Bucks in NBA and the Argentinean coach Hernandez did not allow him to join the Argentinian preparation camp some days later, so he is out.

Federico Kammerichs is also out due to personal problems

Center Roman Gonzalez will play a NBA Summer League, so he is also out of the NT for the SouthAmerican Championship. Hernandez decided to replace him with Diego Romero (C 6'10" 1982) who plays for Florida State in NCAA

Jokinen, do you know when the Preparations start for Japan? I am wondering if Carlos Delfino will be able to make it to both the Summer League with the Pistons and the Preparations for Japan. I'm guessing not, but I figured it would be worth it to check.

Quote Originally Posted by BDM1213
    Jokinen, do you know when the Preparations start for Japan? I am wondering if Carlos Delfino will be able to make it to both the Summer League with the Pistons and the Preparations for Japan. I'm guessing not, but I figured it would be worth it to check.
    The NT for the WC will start their tranning at July 23rd, but I'm pretty sure that Carlos will not accept to play a summer league at this point of his career, and I think that even if Dumars said againg that they want Delfino in the Pistons, Carlos and his agents might be thinking about asking a trade, and I hope he does not play for Detroit anymore, he is wasting his time there

Welcome to Interbasket, BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Jokinen
    The NT for the WC will start their tranning at July 23rd, but I'm pretty sure that Carlos will not accept to play a summer league at this point of his career
    Well, honestly, there will be older and/or more experienced players there. An All-Star like Ron Artest went last year. Amare Stoudemire will be going this year. I don't think at this stage of his career he should be "Above" anything that might help his relationship with the guys who control his minutes.

and I think that even if Dumars said againg that they want Delfino in the Pistons, Carlos and his agents might be thinking about asking a trade, and I hope he does not play for Detroit anymore, he is wasting his time there
    Well, unfortunately for him, you can't just ask for a trade in the NBA and get one. He killed his trade value too much at the summer league last year when he was horribly out of shape, and got schooled by scrubs. So, at this point there isn't much benefit in the Pistons moving him unless a deal Joe Dumars can't refuse comes along.

Also, after the season ended Joe Dumars (GM) told the press that he made it clear to Flip that he was upset about that lack of PT that Delfino got, and that he expects Delfino to be a big part of the future of the Pistons. Delfino was also quoted as saying "I want to be here. I expect to be here." after the season ended. So, I don't think you're going to get your wish.

Hopefully he can work on his game and get his confidence up while playing with the national team, so he can come into camp ready to play.

Well, honestly, there will be older and/or more experienced players there. An All-Star like Ron Artest went last year. Amare Stoudemire will be going this year. I don't think at this stage of his career he should be "Above" anything that might help his relationship with the guys who control his minutes.

Well, unfortunately for him, you can't just ask for a trade in the NBA and get one. He killed his trade value too much at the summer league last year when he was horribly out of shape, and got schooled by scrubs. So, at this point there isn't much benefit in the Pistons moving him unless a deal Joe Dumars can't refuse comes along.

Also, after the season ended Joe Dumars (GM) told the press that he made it clear to Flip that he was upset about that lack of PT that Delfino got, and that he expects Delfino to be a big part of the future of the Pistons. Delfino was also quoted as saying "I want to be here. I expect to be here." after the season ended. So, I don't think you're going to get your wish.

Hopefully he can work on his game and get his confidence up while playing with the national team, so he can come into camp ready to play.
    I would be very happy if Carlos succed in Detroit, but honestly I think its pretty clear that he won't have minutes next season, its rumored that the Pistons wants to sign a SG/SF or a scoring PG. What Mr Dumars might say has no importance, he has been saying the same thing to Carlos for the last two years and he did the same to Darko Milicic, so you can not trust his words.

Believe me, Delfino won't play the summer league, he will play the WC and hopefully have a good tournament there, and wait for a trade.

I would be very happy if Carlos succed in Detroit, but honestly I think its pretty clear that he won't have minutes next season, its rumored that the Pistons wants to sign a SG/SF or a scoring PG. What Mr Dumars might say has no importance, he has been saying the same thing to Carlos for the last two years and he did the same to Darko Milicic, so you can not trust his words.
    The last two years? His rookie year he was injured and couldn't play. I don't see how that is anyone's fault but his own. Untill that point he was playing a generous amount of minutes for a rookie on a championship team. Then he took his sweet time coming back, and by then the team was in the stretch run. You don't just add in a new player to the rotation that hasn't been there for 35-40 games straight.

This year, I never heard anyone "promise" him anything. He played in 68 games this year, was on the playoff roster, and even got some real (thought limited) meaningful minutes in the playoffs. He was on the edge of the rotation, but mostly because he couldn't buy a jumpshot all year (if he improved that this summer, he'd be playing a ton). Still, the only guy I've seen Dumars come out and say that he was disappointed about their playing time is Tayshaun Prince after his rookie year. Look what happend to that. A few days later he fired the coach that wouldn't play him and traded the player that was in front of him in the rotation.

Darko was a completely different situation. He was a complete disaster when he was put into games (and yes, he got meaningful minutes as well at the beginning of the year). He was also tanking it for a trade (lowering his value every second we kept him), and we simply did not have a need for him in the rotation with Rasheed, Ben, and McDyess. Delfino can actually play more than just "potential", and we've got a spot in the rotation for him right now. He just needs to take advantage. He can't be this up and down confidence guy.

BTW, the summer league ends about 9 days before the date you posted regarding the National Team preparations. I don't see how it would be a bad thing to do both. If he really wants to improve his game, he should be looking for all the experience possible. For some reason I doubt he's going to be playing a whole lot in Japan behind Ginobili and Nocioni.
    Last edited by BDM1213; 06-24-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Argentina is a very strong team again which can win World Championship

Best of the set directed by Sergio Hernandez it was seen in the offensive facet, showing an inspired Paolo Quinteros at the time of the shots of long distance 3-5 (double), the 2-3 (triple) and 9-10 (free) and with a very good performance of Diego Grippo that finished with 15 points.

The Argentine equipment opposite had a rival who always fought and its greater virtue was in the high effectiveness from the line of three points (12-19), honoring for celestial the experienced Martin Osimani (17 points) and the goleador of the encounter, Mauricio Aguiar, who cleared a good work with 24.

Hardly begun the last quarter, the national selected one removed an advantage from 8 points and seemed that it escaped in the marker. Nevertheless, in the final section of the party they appeared some imprecisiones in the Argentine players who charrúas knew to capitalize.

Needing a minute and means for the end, the encounter were tied in 99, but the hierarchy of the Argentineans marked the difference and could eliminate I collate thanks to 5 free shots of Quinteros.

Hernandez prioritized the constant rotation of players to give them to these minutes in field and to observe them in action, thinking already about the debut of the South American who will begin day 12 of July.

These two selections will face tonight (Wednesdays 28) 21 again hs and will be transmitted in direct by ESPN+.

Synthesis of the party:

ARGENTINA (106): Sebastián Ginóbili 5, Paolo Quinteros 21, Hernán Jasen 5, Diego Grippo 15, Juan Gutiérrez 8 (fi), Nicholas Gianella 5, Raimundo Legaria 4, Diego Garci'a 10, Julio Mázzaro 5, Matías Sandes 11, Pedro 2 Calderón and Leonardo Mainoldi 15. Trainer: Sergio Hernandez.

URUGUAY: (103): Leandro Garci'a Morales 8, Martin Osimani 17, Mauricio Aguiar 24, Diego Castrillón 16, Claudius Charquero 4 (fi), Joaquin Izuibejeres 0, Emilio Tabeada 8, Mauro Tornaría 0, Pastón Páez 6, Nicholas Borselino1 and Andrés San Miguel 11. Trainer: Alberto Espasandín.

Progression: 1º 27-26, 2º 49-45 and 3º 82-78.

Referees: Pablo Esteves (Argentina) and Atilio Larrosa (Uruguay).

Jokinen, For what it's worth... Today Joe Dumars traded Maurice Evans (the guy who was eating all of Delfino's minutes this season) for a future Center prospect from Senegal. This is exactly what Joe did when he was unhappy that Tayshaun Prince didn't play in his rookie year. The next year Tayshaun was a starter playing 32 minutes per game. All signs point to Dumars forcing Delfino into a big role on this team for next season.
    Last edited by BDM1213; 06-29-2006 at 05:21 AM.

Jokinen, For what it's worth... Today Joe Dumars traded Maurice Evans (the guy who was eating all of Delfino's minutes this season) for a future Center prospect from Senegal. This is exactly what Joe did when he was unhappy that Tayshaun Prince didn't play in his rookie year. The next year Tayshaun was a starter playing 32 minutes per game. All signs point to Dumars forcing Delfino into a big role on this team for next season.

I heard about it earlier today, I really hope it is you who is right. There is rumors today in the Argentinian forums about the Pistons want to get a important SG/SF s (Bonzi Wells), I hope thats not truth and Carlos get his minutes this season

Quote Originally Posted by Kings
    Best of the set directed by Sergio Hernandez it was seen in the offensive facet, showing an inspired Paolo Quinteros at the time of the shots of long distance 3-5 (double), the 2-3 (triple) and 9-10 (free) and with a very good performance of Diego Grippo that finished with 15 points.

The Argentine equipment opposite had a rival who always fought and its greater virtue was in the high effectiveness from the line of three points (12-19), honoring for celestial the experienced Martin Osimani (17 points) and the goleador of the encounter, Mauricio Aguiar, who cleared a good work with 24.

Hardly begun the last quarter, the national selected one removed an advantage from 8 points and seemed that it escaped in the marker. Nevertheless, in the final section of the party they appeared some imprecisiones in the Argentine players who charrúas knew to capitalize.

Needing a minute and means for the end, the encounter were tied in 99, but the hierarchy of the Argentineans marked the difference and could eliminate I collate thanks to 5 free shots of Quinteros.

Hernandez prioritized the constant rotation of players to give them to these minutes in field and to observe them in action, thinking already about the debut of the South American who will begin day 12 of July.

These two selections will face tonight (Wednesdays 28) 21 again hs and will be transmitted in direct by ESPN+.

Synthesis of the party:

ARGENTINA (106): Sebastián Ginóbili 5, Paolo Quinteros 21, Hernán Jasen 5, Diego Grippo 15, Juan Gutiérrez 8 (fi), Nicholas Gianella 5, Raimundo Legaria 4, Diego Garci'a 10, Julio Mázzaro 5, Matías Sandes 11, Pedro 2 Calderón and Leonardo Mainoldi 15. Trainer: Sergio Hernandez.

URUGUAY: (103): Leandro Garci'a Morales 8, Martin Osimani 17, Mauricio Aguiar 24, Diego Castrillón 16, Claudius Charquero 4 (fi), Joaquin Izuibejeres 0, Emilio Tabeada 8, Mauro Tornaría 0, Pastón Páez 6, Nicholas Borselino1 and Andrés San Miguel 11. Trainer: Alberto Espasandín.

Progression: 1º 27-26, 2º 49-45 and 3º 82-78.

Referees: Pablo Esteves (Argentina) and Atilio Larrosa (Uruguay).
    Thanks for posting it Kings, lastnight Argentina and Uruguay played again, another victory for the Argentinian team this time 108 - 85, Paolo Quinteros led Argentina once again with 19 pts, in the first game Leo Mainoldi have the chance to play and delivered 15 pts off the bench playing really well, lastnight Diego Romero had his chance and scored 10 pts off the bench.

Argentina (108):
    Antonio Porta 9, Diego García 10, Hernán Jasen 10, Diego Lo Grippo 18, Juan Gutiérrez 13 (fi); Nicolás Gianella 7, Paolo Quinteros 19, Sebastián Ginóbili 5, Julio Mázzaro 0, Pedro Calderón 5, Matías Sandes 2 y Diego Romero 10.
    DT: Sergio Hernández.

Uruguay (85):
    Leandro García Morales 16, Martín Osimani 10, Mauricio Aguiar 23, Diego Castrillón 3, Claudio Charquero 18 (fi); Gastón Páez 3, Emilio Taboada 1, Fernando Martínez 1, Joaquín Izubeijeres 5, Nicolás Borselino 0, Andrés San Miguel 2 y Mauro Tornaría 3.
    DT: Alberto Espasandín.

I heard about it earlier today, I really hope it is you who is right. There is rumors today in the Argentinian forums about the Pistons want to get a important SG/SF s (Bonzi Wells), I hope thats not truth and Carlos get his minutes this season
    We'll see, but I doubt it. We only have the MLE and LLE to spend, and in my opinion, getting a backup Point Guard is a much bigger priority. We may use the LLE to get some insurance behind delfino, but that isn't nearly enough money to get a player like Bonzi Wells. For some reason Bonzi's name comes up every year (along with Jalen Rose, Mike James, and Grant Hill), and nothing ever comes of it. After the incredible post-season that Bonzi had this year, it's even more unlikely.

Saunders seem to have something in common with Larry Brown: they don't seem to like foreign players much. I assume that Delfino will be traded. He still seems to have some trade value.

Just like I've been saying... Pistons signed Flip Murray and Ronald Dupree, plus Hamilton, Prince, Billups, Hunter, its over for Carlos.

Delfino said he is tired of empty promises and that he wants a trade. He even admited that he rather play in Europe again than continue at the bottom of Pistons bench wasting his best years like he has been doing for the last couple of years.

Just like I've been saying... Pistons signed Flip Murray and Ronald Dupree, plus Hamilton, Prince, Billups, Hunter, its over for Carlos.

Delfino said he is tired of empty promises and that he wants a trade. He even admited that he rather play in Europe again than continue at the bottom of Pistons bench wasting his best years like he has been doing for the last couple of years.
    Delfino is a 2/3. Murray is a 1/2. Dupree is a 3. The other guys are are irrelevant to his position. The only guy on the bench capable of playing 3 besides him is Ronald Dupree. If he can't beat out Ronald Dupree for minutes, he should quite the game of basketball all together. Regardless of the league. Dupree was brought in solely for insurance incase Delfino pulls his same old act. And don't bring Billups, Hamilton, or Prince into this. Delfino is not a starter in this league on ANY team. He needs to learn how to hit a wide open jumpshot first.

BTW, it's nice to hear that he was out "fishing" while his peers were at the summer league improving their game. Must have needed a nice vacation after all of the bench time.
    Last edited by BDM1213; 07-22-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Delfino is a 2/3. Murray is a 1/2. Dupree is a 3. The other guys are are irrelevant to his position. The only guy on the bench capable of playing 3 besides him is Ronald Dupree. If he can't beat out Ronald Dupree for minutes, he should quite the game of basketball all together. Regardless of the league. Dupree was brought in solely for insurance incase Delfino pulls his same old act. And don't bring Billups, Hamilton, or Prince into this. Delfino is not a starter in this league on ANY team. He needs to learn how to hit a wide open jumpshot first.

BTW, it's nice to hear that he was out "fishing" while his peers were at the summer league improving their game. Must have needed a nice vacation after all of the bench time.
    Billups, Hamilton and prince plays like 40 min per game, so you are saying that he should stay in Detroit to split the remaining 8 min of the SF position with Dupree, since Hamilton, Billups, Murray and Hunter will cover all minutes at 1-2.

Well, that's crazy and you seem to speak just as a fanatic who will defend any pistons move. He is 24 years old, he would be really stupid if he wanted to stay in a team which will give him like 4 garbage minutes per game. He is no starter that's for sure, but he could play easily 20 min off the bench, if not then he should go back to Europe and play basketball, maybe in the future he will be able to go back to NBA and actually play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast