Argentina National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jokinen
    I heard about it earlier today, I really hope it is you who is right. There is rumors today in the Argentinian forums about the Pistons want to get a important SG/SF s (Bonzi Wells), I hope thats not truth and Carlos get his minutes this season
    We'll see, but I doubt it. We only have the MLE and LLE to spend, and in my opinion, getting a backup Point Guard is a much bigger priority. We may use the LLE to get some insurance behind delfino, but that isn't nearly enough money to get a player like Bonzi Wells. For some reason Bonzi's name comes up every year (along with Jalen Rose, Mike James, and Grant Hill), and nothing ever comes of it. After the incredible post-season that Bonzi had this year, it's even more unlikely.

Comment

Saunders seem to have something in common with Larry Brown: they don't seem to like foreign players much. I assume that Delfino will be traded. He still seems to have some trade value.
      http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just like I've been saying... Pistons signed Flip Murray and Ronald Dupree, plus Hamilton, Prince, Billups, Hunter, its over for Carlos.

Delfino said he is tired of empty promises and that he wants a trade. He even admited that he rather play in Europe again than continue at the bottom of Pistons bench wasting his best years like he has been doing for the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokinen
          Just like I've been saying... Pistons signed Flip Murray and Ronald Dupree, plus Hamilton, Prince, Billups, Hunter, its over for Carlos.

Delfino said he is tired of empty promises and that he wants a trade. He even admited that he rather play in Europe again than continue at the bottom of Pistons bench wasting his best years like he has been doing for the last couple of years.
          Delfino is a 2/3. Murray is a 1/2. Dupree is a 3. The other guys are are irrelevant to his position. The only guy on the bench capable of playing 3 besides him is Ronald Dupree. If he can't beat out Ronald Dupree for minutes, he should quite the game of basketball all together. Regardless of the league. Dupree was brought in solely for insurance incase Delfino pulls his same old act. And don't bring Billups, Hamilton, or Prince into this. Delfino is not a starter in this league on ANY team. He needs to learn how to hit a wide open jumpshot first.

BTW, it's nice to hear that he was out "fishing" while his peers were at the summer league improving their game. Must have needed a nice vacation after all of the bench time.
          Last edited by BDM1213; 07-22-2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BDM1213
            Delfino is a 2/3. Murray is a 1/2. Dupree is a 3. The other guys are are irrelevant to his position. The only guy on the bench capable of playing 3 besides him is Ronald Dupree. If he can't beat out Ronald Dupree for minutes, he should quite the game of basketball all together. Regardless of the league. Dupree was brought in solely for insurance incase Delfino pulls his same old act. And don't bring Billups, Hamilton, or Prince into this. Delfino is not a starter in this league on ANY team. He needs to learn how to hit a wide open jumpshot first.

BTW, it's nice to hear that he was out "fishing" while his peers were at the summer league improving their game. Must have needed a nice vacation after all of the bench time.
            Billups, Hamilton and prince plays like 40 min per game, so you are saying that he should stay in Detroit to split the remaining 8 min of the SF position with Dupree, since Hamilton, Billups, Murray and Hunter will cover all minutes at 1-2.

Well, that's crazy and you seem to speak just as a fanatic who will defend any pistons move. He is 24 years old, he would be really stupid if he wanted to stay in a team which will give him like 4 garbage minutes per game. He is no starter that's for sure, but he could play easily 20 min off the bench, if not then he should go back to Europe and play basketball, maybe in the future he will be able to go back to NBA and actually play.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jokinen]since Hamilton, Billups, Murray and Hunter will cover all minutes at 1-2.[QUOTE]
              Hunter is older than my grandfather and he will play only in Playoffs to make clutch steals, going crazy with 4 3pt shots in a row etc.
              Right now Pistons rotation on 2-3 is Hamilton and Prince starting, Flip will get some mins and 1 and 2 spots, so Delfino will be Pistons main SF and main SG when we run Flip, Delfino, Tau of the bench
              47-70
              76-58

Comment

Back on topic, Argentina began its preparation for the World Cup, with 15 players and will face Venezuela tomorrow in the first preparation game.

Players:

Juan "Pepe" Sanchez
                Pablo Prigioni
                Daniel Farabello
                Emanuel Ginobili
                Carlos Delfino
                Paolo Quinteros
                Andres Nocioni
                Walter Herrmann
                Hernan Jasen
                Luis Scola
                Leonardo Gutierrez
                Fabricio Oberto
                Ruben Wolkowyski
                Gabriel Fernandez
                Juan Gutierrez

Comment

hey guys im from Jordan but i support Argentina and i think they have very good team.
                  wish u the best in world cup and im sure that we can win the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahmoud
                    hey guys im from Jordan but i support Argentina and i think they have very good team.
                    wish u the best in world cup and im sure that we can win the cup.

Thanks Mahmoud for the support!!! and welcome to IBN

Comment

PLEASE make a thread with the hottest arenas in south America and photos of the derbies like Boca-River.....all Europeans bball fans want to see the atmosphere of South Americans bball arenas.....we wait. many thanks.
                      VAMOS ARIS

Comment

what will be the future for team Argentina?
                        i reccon it was the oldest team in the WC. only 2 players were born in the 80's. most of the key players will be 30 give-or-take next olympics. unlike most of the teams which have severl age groups (spain has the jimenz-garbajosa, gasol-navaro-calderon, rudy-sergio. greece has papaloukas-kakiousis, papadopoulos-diamntidis-fotsis, sofo-vasilopoulos and so on) and only argentina is based upon older players with almost no young players with national team expreince.
                        so - what happens next for this team?
                        jokinen?

Comment

Ok, as someone who followed the Argentinian nationalteam in the last 4-5 years I have a complaint: I can't live with the fact that Sergio Hernandez is coaching this team. I already talked with Jokinen about this topic in another thread but looking at all the games this year and the opinions of some other Argentinian fans at some forums, I feel confirmed about my position.

Let's forget Hernandez and his coaching abilites for a moment (though I've to say I'm angry about his decision today against Spain to let foul Calderon).

If some of you would have asked me last year "what do you associate with the Argentinian nationalteam through the years?", I would have answered: "A great, hungry and trying to do it all for their country team which has a great coach in Ruben Magnano who seems to be the "poor" guy who loves basketball and more important, who shows his passion for the game. That's the reason why you can see the great passion in the eyes of Argentinian players".

With Hernandez taking over I feel a little disappointed. I don't see the spirit and the fire in the eyes of every Argentinian player at the court. Sure, there is still a great Argentinian team but an Argentinian team where I have some other feelings than in the previous years. Coach Hernandez doesn't show any emotion and passion at the sideline. He seems to be a very calm coach and this big contrast to Magnano seems to be the reason why many fans are having some problems.

Don't know what you think, but somehow I'm missing the old Argentinian team and the great Magnano

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
                            what will be the future for team Argentina?
                            i reccon it was the oldest team in the WC. only 2 players were born in the 80's. most of the key players will be 30 give-or-take next olympics. unlike most of the teams which have severl age groups (spain has the jimenz-garbajosa, gasol-navaro-calderon, rudy-sergio. greece has papaloukas-kakiousis, papadopoulos-diamntidis-fotsis, sofo-vasilopoulos and so on) and only argentina is based upon older players with almost no young players with national team expreince.
                            so - what happens next for this team?
                            jokinen?
                            Well most of the players already said they want to continue playing for the NT, only Wolkowyski thinks about retirement. Manu said the same thing that after the Olympics, he said that he doesn't know yet what to do, when the time comes he will decide what to do.

Wolkowyski will surely be replaced by Juan Gutierrez 22 years old from Granada (ACB), Daniel Farabello who almost didn't play in this WC is also 33 years old and will probably be replaced by Antonio Porta also 22 years old who plays in the Italian Lega.
                            About the rest of the players I think they are going to play, at least in the next Olympics in two years, Prigioni, Sanchez, Ginobili, Herrmann, Fernandez, Gutierrez will be 30 - 31 years old, Delfino 25, Nocioni 29, Scola 28. Oberto will be the oldest player with 33 years old.

I also think that Leo Mainoldi will probably replace Leo Gutierrez or Gabriel Fernandez for 2008.

Comment

how about hernan jasen? not good enough for the nt? for a period he was practicing with it - if i recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
                                how about hernan jasen? not good enough for the nt? for a period he was practicing with it - if i recall correctly.
                                Oh yeah, he is another possibility, he had a chance to make the WC team, but he is a step behind of Nocioni and Herrmann. I suppose that Both, Nocioni and Herrmann, will continue to play for the NT, but anyway Jasen will have a chance in 2008 and 2010. Also his younger brother, Juani Jasen who plays for the Granada in the ACB could have a chance in the future, they say he plays very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information