Day 1(August 8): Fiba ASIA 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    No way philippines sent its best team. Sure these guys are PBA players but half of it are bullsh1t. And disnt even have practice together. They had like 10 practice that is not complete. And theae practice days are held while the pba is still ongoing thus the absence of majority of players. And dont evwn tell me that main point guard jalalon is best team. The coach doesnt even want him for asia cup but was forced because of the one player per pba team rule of the pba support for national team. There are ao many better guards than that guy. Dont insult our country with your ignorance. Lol

We will even get beaten by china later by more than 40 points. No way we can beat australia. I think we are just in japan's level. They are even better as a team. While we only rely on forced and lucky shots thus the inconsistency. And defense is lacking as there is no defensive tactician in our coaching staff reaching the semis will be an over achievement. I doubt they will even get past the qfinals
    Relax man. I was not insulting your country !
    I've said that you sent your best team without Blatche.
    Castro, Romeo, Norwood, Aguilar, Fajardo, CS, etc.
    A lot of players in the list of 12 was playing in the olympic qualification.

Now how I see your team against China : It's hard to me because im not familiar with this Chinese team but for sure China NT had a good preparation against top level teams and at this level it's clearly an advantage.
    Unfortunately Gilas team didn't have a preparation like the others NT (btw you did it in the Lebanese style, we used to do it in the past lol), two weeks training it's very short BUT you have the same coach so i guess the same system and the same passion.
    Im optimistic that you can give a headache to every top team because you are UNPREDICTABLE. You have an unique style of basketball which makes the other NT lost against you.
    Be positive im sure your guys will do their best and i guess they will be a lot Gilas fans in the stadium !
    Go Gilas !

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
      Why you get him? You can get much better player to match the quality of your best 5 even a good 6 9 anerican would do..
      Norvel pelle was our last available choice unfortunately. All the names we wanted either asked forhuge amount of money or changed their minds about joining at the last minute. Norvel played in the Lebanese league and was great. He is huge defensively but cant match the fast plays of korea bigs thats why he didint play most of the game. The coach strategy was to switch all the 5 players on korea bigs because they shoot the 3 too well. Norvel pelle is slow on switching and would have been useless. The strategy worked well and korea shot 24% only from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
        Relax man. I was not insulting your country !
        I've said that you sent your best team without Blatche.
        Castro, Romeo, Norwood, Aguilar, Fajardo, CS, etc.
        A lot of players in the list of 12 was playing in the olympic qualification.

Now how I see your team against China : It's hard to me because im not familiar with this Chinese team but for sure China NT had a good preparation against top level teams and at this level it's clearly an advantage.
        Unfortunately Gilas team didn't have a preparation like the others NT (btw you did it in the Lebanese style, we used to do it in the past lol), two weeks training it's very short BUT you have the same coach so i guess the same system and the same passion.
        Im optimistic that you can give a headache to every top team because you are UNPREDICTABLE. You have an unique style of basketball which makes the other NT lost against you.
        Be positive im sure your guys will do their best and i guess they will be a lot Gilas fans in the stadium !
        Go Gilas !

So where are you now ?? "China will beat us etc"
        You have to stay positive man ! You have a good team with a high fighting spirit and that's the more important thing in basketball !
        Congrats to Philippines !
        Well deserved win

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
          So where are you now ?? "China will beat us etc"
          You have to stay positive man ! You have a good team with a high fighting spirit and that's the more important thing in basketball !
          Congrats to Philippines !
          Well deserved win
          hopefully we both have a deep run in it. but NZ is no pushover and kazahkstan will compete..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Just saw replays of other NT games.

Lebanon played great against Korea and Fadi still has it.

Not quite sure about your naturalized player though. He was okay. Not Vogel or Woods level but he can help you guys out.

Here's hoping for a politics-free tournament.
            GILAS WISHLIST:
            6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
              Just saw replays of other NT games.

Lebanon played great against Korea and Fadi still has it.

Not quite sure about your naturalized player though. He was okay. Not Vogel or Woods level but he can help you guys out.

Here's hoping for a politics-free tournament.
              Actually the star of the game was Wael Arakji. He schooled the korea. Teamand scored 22 pts with couple of rebounds and assists.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information