• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5PM no news yet?

Twit, twit, twit
    MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

• This is all so stupid. If he can't play this year then what a bunch of bullshit. I'm so sick of this crap. Instead of improving himself against top flight competition in the USA, he has to play in this shithole of basketball, the Philippines. A country where so many potentially good players are constantly being mired by stupid rules and dirty politicking. What a bunch of hogwash.

He was so good as a player in the All-Asia team, basically the MVP of that team, and he wastes a potentially life changing 2-3 years of basketball development here. Holy crap. The best player of his generation and the one Filipino player who might have a chance to get into the NBA and it blows up in his face big time.

He won't get to play for NU, he won't get to play for Georgia Tech, he won't even get to play for the national team (the initial plan). Can any of you seriously tell me he did not waste his freaking time staying here? What a load of crap. BULL CRAP. Worst of all, even if he does go the USA, he has to redshirt for one more year. What a waste of time. That's 4 years of basketball development he will have wasted. I'm just so pissed off. This is so dumb, so stupid. Waste of time. Waste of effort. Waste of chance. Waste of opportunity. I'm disappointed but what can I do? Nothing but mope. Crap.
      Credit goes to CKR13 for this! Thanks so much!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcian View Post
        This is all so stupid. If he can't play this year then what a bunch of bullshit. I'm so sick of this crap. Instead of improving himself against top flight competition in the USA, he has to play in this shithole of basketball, the Philippines. A country where so many potentially good players are constantly being mired by stupid rules and dirty politicking. What a bunch of hogwash.

He was so good as a player in the All-Asia team, basically the MVP of that team, and he wastes a potentially life changing 2-3 years of basketball development here. Holy crap. The best player of his generation and the one Filipino player who might have a chance to get into the NBA and it blows up in his face big time.

He won't get to play for NU, he won't get to play for Georgia Tech, he won't even get to play for the national team (the initial plan). Can any of you seriously tell me he did not waste his freaking time staying here? What a load of crap. BULL CRAP. Worst of all, even if he does go the USA, he has to redshirt for one more year. What a waste of time. That's 4 years of basketball development he will have wasted. I'm just so pissed off. This is so dumb, so stupid. Waste of time. Waste of effort. Waste of chance. Waste of opportunity. I'm disappointed but what can I do? Nothing but mope. Crap.
        amen dude... what a waste of talent...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmushroom View Post
          Frankly, I don't see any tinge of racism (pardon the pun) in this issue. Kindly expound on this accusation.
          LOL. coz he's half black. but seriously just because a filipino wants to have a better education and a better basketball training and competition in the USA then if he decides to play in the "UAAP" he needs to go through this 2 years of residency. that's why for me i see a little bit of racism/discrimination towards FILIPINO- Foreigners. i think 1 year is enough.
          POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

• if he can't play in the UAAP, let him play for CESAFI instead to stay competitive. there is no residency rules, just plain enrollment form and scholarship grant then go.
            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• @ghostr!der:

what is the "child of an OFW" exception?

bcoz while bobby parks is obviously american, ray's mother is filipina and may be an OFW.

but is there really such a thing as an OFW exception?
              Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Lol basketball in rp too commercialized...

Who says pba is the main hindrance in Phil Basketball devt. in 3 yrs 5 yrs. time this college leagues will ruin our national teams...
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• the UAAP has probably the dumbest set of eligibility rules in all of world amateur basketball. 'nuff said.

people aren't stupid. most of those rules were pathetic attempts to level the playing field between the big spending schools and the modest ones. that residency rule is racist because it sends a message that ALL Fil-Foreigners are THAT much better than local players so taking away years of actual UAAP game experience supposedly benefits those teams who can't bring in a Fil-Foreigner. ditto with that equally idiotic rule where a player from a different UAAP-member high school needs to sit out a year when playing for another UAAP-member university. it's protectionism more than anything else. at least the NCAA and CESAFI are keeping it real.

this isn't the early 90's anymore. the UAAP board should just accept the fact that they got so many things wrong and start from scratch. it's just a freaking 8-member league and it seems they're all desperate to win.

Comment

• latest......ray parks cannot play this year under nu.

Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post
                    5pm no news yet?

Twit, twit, twit

Comment

• Originally posted by QWERTY1234 View Post
                      latest......ray parks cannot play this year under nu.
                      isa pang HALAMANG DAGAT!

translation: another SEAWEED!
                      "People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart....."(Proverbs 21:2).

GILAS 2 MEN'S NATIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM: ONWARD TO REDEEMING ASIAN BASKETBALL SUPREMACY

Comment

• Ray should play in the U.S instead..he will just be wasting his time here
                        [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
                          Ray should play in the U.S instead..he will just be wasting his time here
                          If Bobby Jr goes back to the US, he will only be able to play 2 years (2012 & 2013) by virtue of the US NCAA rules' 4 within 5 years. His stint last year 2010 at NU also counts as one playing year in the US NCAA plus the redshirt year, this 2011 if he moves back to the US. So 2 years have been removed from Bobby Jr.

Whereas in the UAAP, he can play 5 within 7 years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016).

Comment

• The OFW exception may be availed of when the entire family has to transfer overseas due to work commitments of a filipino parent.

However this has to be supported by relevant documents filed with the POEA with a DOLE approved work contract. I highly doubt if Ray's mom filed any 5 years ago.

Would still like to see him play especially in light of today's battle with Ravena.

Money talks and NU's got alot to burn. NU officials I talked to at the venue seemed optimistic. Though realistically, I can't see FEU, UP, Ateneo and DLSU voting in favor of NU.
                            Last edited by ghostr!der; 05-07-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• One thing that is permanent in this world is "change". Hopefully this whole thing will be a good springboard of this thing I mentioned.
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharky View Post
                                LOL. coz he's half black. but seriously just because a filipino wants to have a better education and a better basketball training and competition in the USA then if he decides to play in the "UAAP" he needs to go through this 2 years of residency. that's why for me i see a little bit of racism/discrimination towards FILIPINO- Foreigners. i think 1 year is enough.
                                No iota of discrimination in this rule. The Cardona/Saldana rule applies equally to filipinos and foreigners.

It simply states that players who have spent 3 of the past 5 years overseas have to take a two year residency to be eligible to play in the UAAP.

That's why full blooded pinoys like Jonas Villanueva have had to take residency and foreigners like Moriah Gingerich, Kirk Long, Rob Bornancin and Vince Burke who took their high school here in the Philippines are not required to take any residency.

The unintended effect of this rule is teams have had to recruit younger players. Michael Pate was recruited overseas and took his residency in LSGH in order to be eligible for the UAAP college team immediately upon HS graduation. Same with the star crossed Marko Batricevich.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information