Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2201

Thread: Ray "Bobby" Parks Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    i'm excited to see him match up with Wright and Lassiter.Probably next year he will be up against ABL rival Josh Munzon and a new kid in the block Roosevelt Adams.It will be very interesting.
    PBA will have a good pool of talent at the 3 spot starting next year. Add in Jeremiah Grey to the cast & PBA will be somehow loaded at the 3 spot. Sadly, Munzon, Adams & Grey aren't FIBA eligible
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    PBA will have a good pool of talent at the 3 spot starting next year. Add in Jeremiah Grey to the cast & PBA will be somehow loaded at the 3 spot. Sadly, Munzon, Adams & Grey aren't FIBA eligible
    im still hoping fiba's eligibility ruling will be repealed by a new one. Anyway,Munzon,Adams and Gray are voing to be small forward(hoping thet wont be power forwards).Add Caelan Tiongson(taller more athletic version of Rudy Hatfield) and Lawrence Domingo (a younger athletic Harvey Carey, a 6'5-6'6 poor man's Draymond Green) who i think will be stretch forwards(3/4).

As for point guards,Brickman might be one of the rare pass first guards who i think will make an impact.I'm hoping he goes to a team that does not have good point guards,probably blackwater.Michael Williams i think should be a good pick as well,if he gets drafted and i feel Mckinney will be a better scoring guardsl than Chris Ross but not necessarily a better defender.

it's going to be crazy once those people i mentioned get drafted.
    Last edited by Alex07; 05-28-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Pba slowly regaining more and more fans

Thoughts on Bobby Ray Parks reacting to Calvin Abueva disrespecting his gf?

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Pba slowly regaining more and more fans
    Pba should just do away with most of its fil am restrictions nobody really cares about ethinicity anymore if youre good the crowd will love you

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Pba should just do away with most of its fil am restrictions nobody really cares about ethinicity anymore if youre good the crowd will love you
    Right. However, the current ruling generation isn't progressive at all. MPBL per se, created ridiculous guidelines for Fil-foreigners and though MBA had not succeeded on this level, they were ahead of their time in this aspect. I do believe that part of growth in our basketball is to improve as a society. We were isolated from the world for a very long time till SBP was created whom was very open minded from experimenting on coaches and taking risk in financing top talents.

And look what we had achieved.

Pba could be like the premiere league for SEA countries like Nba is to europeans

Definitely. Imagine if PBA merges with ABL. From market standpoint to regional cooperation. That is why I really hope for ABL to succeed from a business standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Pba could be like the premiere league for SEA countries like Nba is to europeans
    For that to happen, every Jurassic board member and coach in the league has to either go or change their mindset.

It's an ambitious and noble pursuit but best done at a gradual pace.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Quote Originally Posted by montam26 View Post
    Thoughts on Bobby Ray Parks reacting to Calvin Abueva disrespecting his gf?
    Regardless, Abueva should not had responded in that manner and he should be fined. On the other hand, he claimed that the fan/GF aggressively taunted him racially. Which I found to be convincing, as he admitted guilt to the allegations and explained his side of the story.

Just wondering, I had trashed talk alot of my opponents before with "Unggoy", and I was called Kabayo and Kambing many times. Does that count as racial slur? Since we are in .the Philippines I really would like to understand how do we define this racial discrimination because both Parks and Abueva are mulatto.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    Regardless, Abueva should not had responded in that manner and he should be fined. On the other hand, he claimed that the fan/GF aggressively taunted him racially. Which I found to be convincing, as he admitted guilt to the allegations and explained his side of the story.

Just wondering, I had trashed talk alot of my opponents before with "Unggoy", and I was called Kabayo and Kambing many times. Does that count as racial slur? Since we are in .the Philippines I really would like to understand how do we define this racial discrimination because both Parks and Abueva are mulatto.
    Wow how times have changed if Abueva's alibi is true. If you've watched Abueva live you'd know he doesn't really hold back in in trash talking including hurling racial slurs. Maybe he picked up some sensitivity hanging out with Vice?

Dude if you're not really sure then it's probably better not to say it. Racism is a serious and sensitive issue..

Why would she taunt Abueva for being half African-American when her boyfriend has the same ethnicity?

Why would she say something racially insensitive,when her bf is also Pinoy Black? If she said that,then she really needs a reeducation on racial matters,she sounds like a wigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Why would she say something racially insensitive,when her bf is also Pinoy Black? If she said that,then she really needs a reeducation on racial matters,she sounds like a wigger.
    Oops. I watched the replay. Calvin probably is referring to a another Fan. He was caught by the camera making exchanges and the commentator notices. He probably got into a few others other than Ray's GF.

Calvin is so unpopular, yet very famous.

I apologize. I do understand that racism is a serious issue and we Filipinos rarely discuss this domestically. Is our context of racism similar to the US and Europe, nor is it defined as what other Malay countries experienced in their history. IF hypothetically Calvin called Belga "Unggoy" will it be considered Racial? Same as IF Pingris called Ross monkey, how about LA REvilla trashed talked Rosser as Monkey and vice versa. LOL.

I apologize. I do understand that racism is a serious issue and we Filipinos rarely discuss this domestically. Is our context of racism similar to the US and Europe, nor is it defined as what other Malay countries experienced in their history. IF hypothetically Calvin called Belga "Unggoy" will it be considered Racial? Same as IF Pingris called Ross monkey, how about LA REvilla trashed talked Rosser as Monkey and vice versa. LOL.
    Honestly no one should be called a monkey especially when it is said with malicious intent.

I find it funny that Abueva suddenly got onion skinned. This is the same guy who routinely disrespects his black opponents by making stinky and banana eating gestures aside from the usual verbal abuse. He's obviously talented but his unsportsmanlike antics cannot be tolerated. Remember what he did during and before the Aus-Ph match? His spitting incident? His dirty plays? Dude will get himself and his team in trouble

Just for conversation here; there were discussions online that if Abueva should be fined then Parks should really be fined too being their behaviours don't shine a good light on the professional league.
    As a marketing league though, these instances do bring attention of their existence to the worldwide audience online, be it in a positive or mostly negative way.

Quote Originally Posted by montam26 View Post
    Just for conversation here; there were discussions online that if Abueva should be fined then Parks should really be fined too being their behaviours don't shine a good light on the professional league.
    As a marketing league though, these instances do bring attention of their existence to the worldwide audience online, be it in a positive or mostly negative way.
    Whether this is a marketing ploy for Parks, still there is no substantial justification to fine him. PBA had seen worst of wives fighting over tweets and some are even confrontational.

Kids these days are smart. Them doing Kardashians to earn online is pretty impressive. If Parks did have a very good business acumen he probably understood when he said he would like to be bigger than the system here.

We'll see.

abueva should be professional. i mean its just heckling part of the job.
    and also parks gf is an idiot. all beauty no brain. if you dish out some bad words then make sure you can take one and not be too dramatic out of it. parks has a thing for these kind of girls.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    abueva should be professional. i mean its just heckling part of the job.
    and also parks gf is an idiot. all beauty no brain. if you dish out some bad words then make sure you can take one and not be too dramatic out of it. parks has a thing for these kind of girls.
    Did she though? I get the feeling she's a bit bitchy but to say something that insensitive when her BF is half black himself? Anyway I don't think Parks is keeping her for her brains..

Abueva's actions got caught on camera though. She can easiy take this to court

Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast