Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2201

Thread: Ray "Bobby" Parks Jr

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Parks is at best as athletic as Stephen Curry, but his skill is super super way below, I think Wright, Marcio , Chan and even Lutz (dribbling and passing) are more skilled than Parks. Parks supposed advantage over the SG's mentioned is his athleticisim, problem is he isn't that athletic. Norwood is more athletic and has better handles and vision.

The thing that is dissappointing with how Parks has turned out, is his skills (can't do much about athleticisim as that is mostly genetical) but his skill hasn't (shooting , dribbling, passing) really improved much since graduating in high school. While Clarkson , Wright Holt all similar built players skills has improved by leaps since High school
    So now who do you think is more skillful, BRP Jr. or the players you mentioned?

Off course we will wait and hope his game will come around. but just looking at his core skills, he really doesn't have the goods. You can't manufacture that. it's either you developed it thru the years or not. You have a lot of players who despite not getting the stats and are struggling , you can see has the potential. From what i see with Parks , it's simply not there. He's never shot at a high % from three in any league. (even against inferior UAAP players), he's averaging zero, Not 5 or 6 pts in the D- league. I hope i'm wrong, but like i said i've never seen anyone go from zero to averaging like 30 pts , or from low % shooter to all of a sudden be a great shooter. Or suspect ball handler and PG to being an excellent facilatator. I can't really see the goods.
    I've seen athletic players who are raw , become great defensive players and develop a reliable outside shot (e.g. Bowen , Danny Green), but Parks , there is nothing no upside.

Since it's been awhile since we last saw parks in competitive ball here in the Philippines, i was hoping him working on his game in the US would translate to a more skilled game, but watching him play (there really isn't any noticable improvement that is needed to get to that level
    How about now?

No disrespect to parks , but objectively looking at their skill set Wright is a better player. Anyway Wright, Parks and Ferrer plus keifer should form the next core of the national team (2017- 2019)
    So who is the one comparing BRP to Wright? Who is the better player now?

Those advantages for Parks mentioned can translate to playing the PBA, as those strengths (athelticism, penetration) are advantages over local Filipino PBA players, but in the international game for the role required , it's my opinion Wright is more ready to contribute playing a specific role - outside shooter. Wright has proven to be significant scoring contributor when playing against size internatioanlly (16 pts a game in Div 1 US NCAA) , France league double digit scorer, 23 pts a game in the ABL (with American 2 imports) . This is something Parks has yet to demonstrate (being a scorer aganist size in a Men's league)

BRP Jr. is averaging 26.6 PPG in ABL playing with and against 2 American imports..

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Paras btw can definitely lead a team...When he came to Creighton, he acted already as a leader. He didn't have to practice it, it's in his character. That's just the way he is...Hence, his teammates kind of toned him down on his playmaking prowess(ballhogging lol) and ability...telling him that he's not the only one who can score a basket etc etc...Next year, he might be the leader of the team already.
    cheer leader??

Quote Originally Posted by FARIDOON View Post
    I think Ray Parks Jr. and his advisers didn't expect that he will be drop or cut by any NBADL teams that will pick him in NBADL Draft. Maybe a case of not knowing the true value of Ray Parks Jr. as a basketball player. Playing in PBA is way better than playing in ABL. Jason Castro, Terence Romeo and Junemar Fajardo, they are the Pinoy basketball players I think that can play in NBA and they develop their basketball skills playing in PBA..
    In ABL there are two American imports and two heritage imports he is playing against. And sometimes he is the one guarding the smaller American import or being defended. This what Analyzed is stating when Matt Wright is playing last season in the ABL.

^
    I think there is no denying Parks US stint (NBA D- league) has improved his game ( you have to remember prior to the OQT selection Parks was considered a long shot to be selected, yet he made the team) , it looks like BRP has recovered his shooting stroke to a respectable level ( remember even coach Tab in 2015 said Parks outside shot was deficient ) , his strength, passing and ball handling have all improved as well.
    As to the ABL I'm not really into the stats , obviously they're indicators, but at the end of the day it's still the eye test. From what I observed in Parks ABL games is he has improved in al those areas, whether he's better in all those areas (shooting etc) than Wright I can't say. Much of a players scoring avg is about touches and usage, and in Alab Wright is the designated go to guy. His imports seem to be more of role player types not scorers, especially the Korean brothers. Aside from that the lack of a decent ball handler in Alab is showing where it has to rely on Parks to handle the ball a lot and quarterback. Unlike in Wright with the Dragons last year who had the benefit of one of US NCAA top assist man.

Long term I think Parks had definitely more upside than Wright, cause you can improve shooting and ball handling (which is Wrights advantage and Parks can improve on these aspects) but I don't think Wright can improve his athleticism and size .

Good hukay there, tomcat...

Ever since he started posting here daming maling analysis na ang napost . Kaya nga wala ng naniniwala jan.
    Ok lang sana kung maka gilas... Sbp should not let him be near gilas again.

Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    Good hukay there, tomcat...

Ever since he started posting here daming maling analysis na ang napost . Kaya nga wala ng naniniwala jan.
    Ok lang sana kung maka gilas... Sbp should not let him be near gilas again.
    And you're always correct and people believe you
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-10-2017 at 03:33 AM.

Matthew Wright is a talent definitely a good addition to the program, as for Parks, we dont really appoint chosen ones, Kobe Paras was good and he was gifted with nba size..

But Bobby Ray Parks played well with the likes of Anthony Davis, his other contemporaries elliot williams adonis thomas all gone in bball scene now, he was better be in us college career wise but we all knew his priorities, he played second fiddle to offensive minded team mates in Gilas shows you humility and character to play any role given to him..

It would be a travesty for Chot to not to include him in the senior nt program or maybe be a centerpiece of this small ball oriented offense, I will be not surprised to see Kiefer Ravena in a senior nt role than him with Chot around..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Matthew Wright is a talent definitely a good addition to the program, as for Parks, we dont really appoint chosen ones, Kobe Paras was good and he was gifted with nba size..

But Bobby Ray Parks played well with the likes of Anthony Davis, his other contemporaries elliot williams adonis thomas all gone in bball scene now, he was better be in us college career wise but we all knew his priorities, he played second fiddle to offensive minded team mates in Gilas shows you humility and character to play any role given to him..

It would be a travesty for Chot to not to include him in the senior nt program or maybe be a centerpiece of this small ball oriented offense, I will be not surprised to see Kiefer Ravena in a senior nt role than him with Chot around..
    Ever since Ravena's SEABA stint, I have always wanted him to be the primary pass-first PG we sorely lack since Alapag retired from NT duties - high bball IQ, good leadership skills, and so much clutch when the game is on the line. But I think he hates playing for losing teams even if the best way to improve himself is to be the main man on a team of scrubs. I think this is why he preferred to play in the Drew League instead of helping out his fellow Cadets in the FIBA-Asia Challenge - he knew it's a lost cause right from the start. It's a good thing the Cadets managed to win against Kazakhstan and lose by only 14 points or less to some of the best teams in Asia for a 1-4 record and a 9th place finish without him. Imagine if he was there, we could have won those games with India and Taiwan with his leadership qualities and high BBIQ.

Kiefer, balik ka na sa Gilas, pwede? Napag-iwanan ka na ni Guo Ailun, member na siya ng China Team A, eh ikaw Cadets lang ayaw mo pa.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    So who is the one comparing BRP to Wright? Who is the better player now?

Both of them have different strength and different weakness.but i will go for Wright for playing in PBA which is tougher level than ABL.

Paan
    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Ever since Ravena's SEABA stint, I have always wanted him to be the primary pass-first PG we sorely lack since Alapag retired from NT duties - high bball IQ, good leadership skills, and so much clutch when the game is on the line. But I think he hates playing for losing teams even if the best way to improve himself is to be the main man on a team of scrubs. I think this is why he preferred to play in the Drew League instead of helping out his fellow Cadets in the FIBA-Asia Challenge - he knew it's a lost cause right from the start. It's a good thing the Cadets managed to win against Kazakhstan and lose by only 14 points or less to some of the best teams in Asia for a 1-4 record and a 9th place finish without him. Imagine if he was there, we could have won those games with India and Taiwan with his leadership qualities and high BBIQ.

Kiefer, balik ka na sa Gilas, pwede? Napag-iwanan ka na ni Guo Ailun, member na siya ng China Team A, eh ikaw Cadets lang ayaw mo pa.
    Paano ka makakatakeover kung natambakan ka na..

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post

Nah kiefer is doing the right thing imho, we have still castro and romeo pa naman, kiefer will improve in texas legends as a practice player (follow texas legends instagram and you will see him practicing on their ig story) i think the goal is to have him in NBA summer league next year if he do well i think he might join NBA draft if not NBA Dleague. the problem of keifer the past couple year is overstaying in the uaap and it cost him being stagnant. but atleast he is trying on the higher level now. look at ray parks he improve alot i'm sure kiefer will improve too. so wait lang muna si guo ailun keifer will be back!

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    Nah kiefer is doing the right thing imho, we have still castro and romeo pa naman, kiefer will improve in texas legends as a practice player (follow texas legends instagram and you will see him practicing on their ig story) i think the goal is to have him in NBA summer league next year if he do well i think he might join NBA draft if not NBA Dleague. the problem of keifer the past couple year is overstaying in the uaap and it cost him being stagnant. but atleast he is trying on the higher level now. look at ray parks he improve alot i'm sure kiefer will improve too. so wait lang muna si guo ailun keifer will be back!
    nba draft first then summer league. if naka pasa from summer league then he might called for training camp.

Props to Kiefer for trying...but as we all know with his current state...it's not really probable...
    Even if he improves twice from the previous year, it's not gonna be enough as there are always new guys coming in that are far more talented and skilled than he is...not to mention, a lot younger too...Only if he's a couple of inch taller or 3 inches taller, then he might....

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    nba draft first then summer league. if naka pasa from summer league then he might called for training camp.
    oo nga pala thanks for correcting me

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Props to Kiefer for trying...but as we all know with his current state...it's not really probable...
    Even if he improves twice from the previous year, it's not gonna be enough as there are always new guys coming in that are far more talented and skilled than he is...not to mention, a lot younger too...Only if he's a couple of inch taller or 3 inches taller, then he might....
    the additional three inches wouldnt help honing his outside shooting and playmaking..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    the additional three inches wouldnt help honing his outside shooting and playmaking..
    That's true...but it can be learned...and it can be practiced...and as obvious as it is no practice can increase a person's height.

It's not about making it or not naman eh... the most important thing is that he is trying! he is trying to improve his game. si guo ailun nasa CBA si keifer nasa legends practicing with more talented players and texas guards now is really good lalo na yung pierre jackson mag iimprove siya dun. keifer is on the right track.

Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast