Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2201

Thread: Ray "Bobby" Parks Jr

ABL vs PBA. ABS-CBN vs TV5.

Quote Originally Posted by testmic View Post
    ABL vs PBA. ABS-CBN vs TV5.
    and ..Parks vs Abueva

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    and ..Parks vs Abueva
    Parks for Alab is good for ABL. i will definitely watch their games because of parks.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Assuming Parks joins next year's PBA draft (regular or special) is he a lock for the 1st Pick?

Assuming Parks joins next year's PBA draft (regular or special) is he a lock for the 1st Pick?
    definitely.. Mahindra will snatch that pick and we all know mahindra is the new air21.. They will trade the pick to any teams that has the best offer..

Can we safely say so much for the NBA dream?

Worse, not only he quit that dream but he will also be playing for a second tier league in Asia. In a way this could work since his weaknesses will be hidden playing with PBA scrubs and veterans so this won't hurt his PBA draft stock a bit.

But can't disagree with the move; after all, he still needs that paycheck...
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Can we safely say so much for the NBA dream?

Worse, not only he quit that dream but he will also be playing for a second tier league in Asia. In a way this could work since his weaknesses will be hidden playing with PBA scrubs and veterans so this won't hurt his PBA draft stock a bit.

But can't disagree with the move; after all, he still needs that paycheck...
    well if indeed he is playing for alab. then i guess its a good decision for him. abl has a very short season with a very few games weekly. so he can still do the trainings in the US or the tryouts while playing for ABL. plus it keeps the cash flowing.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Christian Standhardinger...

Quote Originally Posted by FARIDOON View Post
    Christian Standhardinger...
    i agree
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Parks is likely to make himself available to the Gilas programme (it's his desire to represent the Phil), Now if Standhardinger joins the programme as well. It really gives Chot a core group of players who won't have restrictions as to availability ( e.g 15 days only) .
    You can assume the following will be released with ample time to prepare:
    1. Castro, Jio
    2. Wright
    3 Parks , Belo
    4 Rosario
    5 Standhardinger / Opstal
    That's solid to me , simply reinforce the team with other PBA players with 15 days and you should be good to go.

I think Ray Parks Jr. and his advisers didn't expect that he will be drop or cut by any NBADL teams that will pick him in NBADL Draft. Maybe a case of not knowing the true value of Ray Parks Jr. as a basketball player. Playing in PBA is way better than playing in ABL. Jason Castro, Terence Romeo and Junemar Fajardo, they are the Pinoy basketball players I think that can play in NBA and they develop their basketball skills playing in PBA..

I really think Parks' shoulder is not yet 100% healthy. For a guy that athletic, I often see him shy away from contact when driving to the paint. I don't know much about how chronic separated shoulder injuries are but I'm guessing after suffering an injury a few years ago in the PBA D league finals the fear of his shoulder popping off is there every time he drives.

I think Ray Parks Jr. and his advisers didn't expect that he will be drop or cut by any NBADL teams that will pick him in NBADL Draft. Maybe a case of not knowing the true value of Ray Parks Jr. as a basketball player. Playing in PBA is way better than playing in ABL. Jason Castro, Terence Romeo and Junemar Fajardo, they are the Pinoy basketball players I think that can play in NBA and they develop their basketball skills playing in PBA..
    I'm pretty sure if the SBP approached SMB and it's teams and offered Parks to be included in the recent Gilas special draft with the condition that SMB will select him, SMB will agree
    But of course the MVP oops i mean SBP isn't dumb enough to do that
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Parks is so young he has a lot of room for improvement.I agree Jayson Castro and Terence Romeo are the Filipino players that I think has a potential to play in NBA.Read this blog about the Filipino Dream Place in the NBA.
    http://www.pinoyhoops.hostei.com/blo...eam/index.html

and ..Parks vs Abueva
    This was discussed on FTW a few years ago when both were still in college. IIRC, the consensus at that time was that Abueva would own Parks. At present, if Parks does play in the PBA, the discussion could be interesting.

If Parks was annoyed by Ferrer's defense, what more with Calvin's.
    But I hope Rayray is better than that now.

I agree that Parks playing in ABL is the best for him now. Get that MVP and let's see!

Quote Originally Posted by testmic View Post
    I agree that Parks playing in ABL is the best for him now. Get that MVP and let's see!
    IF they can reach at least the SF with the kind of line up alab pilipinas have..

Actually if it was a choice between playing limited minutes for a PBA team or playing in the ABL as main man and facing and playing with big American Imports using FIBA rules. I think the latter is better exposure for Parks.

Hmm exposure? Not quite. Not many people watch ABL, especially from outside Southeast Asia. Do international scouts go to an ABL game to watch a prospect? I don't think so. Baka sa PBA pa.

But Rayray really has no choice but to go to ABL. He can stay in the US but he'll be just a practice player a la Kiefer, or maybe play in one of those minor minor leagues (too bad there is no more Pennsylvania Valleydawgs that would pick up a Pinoy haha). He can go to Europe, but he's probably not good enough for a top-tier team (baka sa mga lower divisions, pwede pa). Besides, who will bring him to Europe? Does he have some connections there? How about NZ? But I guess he is not as good as the Kiwis, so never mind. So his last resort is to come back home to Pinas. His job is to play ball, so even if it's just for the ABL, he has to take it, else he has no job.

Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast