X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...ZCqK0M.twitter

Parks weigh PBA option says he will make decision at the end of UAAP season

ADD one more amateur star that could make the 2013 PBA rookie draft worth looking forward to.

Two-time UAAP MVP and National University superstar Bobby Parks was the latest big name to indicate he is looking at joining the draft on November 3, adding his name to a growing list that includes seven-footer Greg Slaughter and 6-7 D-League best player Ian Sangalang.

“I think I’m eligible. The idea was brought up to light because it (PBA option) was actually there. It opened up another door, just like looking in and where this possibility could take us and see where that goes,” said the talented guard, who once came close to playing for US NCAA Division I team Georgia Tech.

Parks said he will decide on whether to turn pro or not shortly after the UAAP men’s basketball tournament this October, or a few weeks before the draft.

When I’m able to settle down with everybody, with the bosses, my parents, my family, and my coaches, I’ll just try to make a move after the season and see where the season goes from there and how it takes us,” he added.

Spin.ph has also learned from an NU source that Parks only signed a two-year commitment with the school and that the incoming junior is free to opt out at the end of the next UAAP campaign.

Translation: I need a raise.

Comment

• hope he joins the pba... he'll learn alot there and possibly becoming one of the deadliest players in the league in the future... the younger the better for him..

Comment

• If Ray Parks intends to join the PBA in November, then he has to sit out this upcoming UAAP season pursuant to the "Don Allado" rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghostr!der View Post
          If Ray Parks intends to join the PBA in November, then he has to sit out this upcoming UAAP season pursuant to the "Don Allado" rule.
          a different scenario if parks jr decides to apply for the draft this year. Allado's case is he was drafted or direct hire by alaska in january of 99 and suited in 3rd conference later that year. In parks jr. case the draft is AFTER the uaap season and it wont smack the uaap season.
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

a different scenario if parks jr decides to apply for the draft this year. Allado's case is he was drafted or direct hire by alaska in january of 99 and suited in 3rd conference later that year. In parks jr. case the draft is AFTER the uaap season and it wont smack the uaap season.
            While the draft itself is held after the season, I think the application period & draft camps are held in season.

Sucks that his dad's cancer recurred and the family has great financial need now, hence resort to these "threats".

Comment

While the draft itself is held after the season, I think the application period & draft camps are held in season.

Sucks that his dad's cancer recurred and the family has great financial need now, hence resort to these "threats".
              That'll be the issue. The deadline and pre draft camp.
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

i don't see it that parks is resorting to threats. i think its a wise business decision for him to go into pro league and earn more to compensate for his dads financial needs.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  i don't see it that parks is resorting to threats. i think its a wise business decision for him to go into pro league and earn more to compensate for his dads financial needs.
                  Threat or not, this is the best time for SMC to put the pressure on him because they have lots of first round (early) picks. Good business decision from both camps as i see it.
                  If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• he should enter the PBA. his talent and skills is ready for the pro league.
                    He would earn, polish his skills no doubt better than in uaap, better competition, and he can still study while playing pro.
                    They call me THE HERO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
                      he should enter the PBA. his talent and skills is ready for the pro league.
                      He would earn, polish his skills no doubt better than in uaap, better competition, and he can still study while playing pro.
                      a much tougher but better competitive nature will just bring the most out of him.
                      We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                        Threat or not, this is the best time for SMC to put the pressure on him because they have lots of first round (early) picks. Good business decision from both camps as i see it.
                        good decision indeed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Alaska's direct hire Fil-foreign player in 1999 was James Walkvist.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakamoto View Post
                            Alaska's direct hire Fil-foreign player in 1999 was James Walkvist.
                            Nope..It was Jon Ordonio!!
                            https://www.facebook.com/pinoybaskebol/?fref=ts

http://pinoybasketbol.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by FARIDOON View Post
                              Nope..It was Jon Ordonio!!
                              Jon Ordonio actually first played for Pop Cola in the 1999 season as the Sizzlers' direct Fil-foreign pick.

Comment

• His Ready... @ 20y/o. Hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information