Ray "Bobby" Parks Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trig View Post
    is it possible that Wright being a pure shooter put up great numbers since 2 imports would command double teams down low? what do you thin wright's number if for example he played for NU and he's guarded by Ferrer

Interesting question, definitly it helped to have good import teamates inside, this i can say Wright was a more prolific a scorer and had better looks during the regular season games, Rosales actually bothered him in the finals. The thing that Tab likes about Wright is he makes his open three point shots, for a coach that's appealing , because the whole essence of coaching is designing sets to get open looks. With a player like Wright you can design sets for him to get open. I think the UAAP game would ruin Wright's skill set, because with all the attention , i see Wright forcing up shots, which isn't really his game nor his strength. The underated part of Wright's game is his atheltcisim and defense, don't get me wrong he's no Gabe norwood or anything athletically , but he's deceptively a decent athlete and defender. he's more athletic and a better defender than Ferrer to me. He also dunks on fastbreak when the lane is open. Additinally his ball handling is better Ferrer and most local players 6' 3 and above. pinoys. Obviously playing combo guard in US NCAA helped.
    Last edited by analyzed; 04-06-2016, 09:49 AM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Here is thread conversation.... delete...... . I hope i gave a good account of Matt's game

delete....: I need a pure shooter.
      Shooter from 3 who can shoot at 40 % or better.
      Last year we had that in our import but he wants too much money this year and I believe he is not worth what he is asking for.
      What are your stats in the asean league mins scoring percentage etc.

Analyzed:
      Based on the Asean NBL site in 12 games , Matt is averaging 21.6 pts / game on 41.2 % from three , will need to confirm if accurate

Matthew Wright

Y/// delete

delete...: Great

Analyzed

Matt is definetly described as a pure shooter, note Matt also leads the Asean NBL in steals, so he's a great defender. The Asean NBL like the .............delete...... 2 imports (normally American) per team

P.S. Please don't copy this , will delete soon
      Last edited by analyzed; 04-06-2016, 10:00 AM.
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        Here is thread conversation.... delete...... . I hope i gave a good account of Matt's game

Last year we had that in our import but he wants too much money this year and I believe he is not worth what he is asking for.

Analyzed:
        Based on the Asean NBL site in 12 games , Matt is averaging 21.6 pts / game on 41.2 % from three , will need to confirm if accurate

Matthew Wright

Y/// delete

Analyzed

Matt is definetly described as a pure shooter, note Matt also leads the Asean NBL in steals, so he's a great defender. The Asean NBL like the .............delete...... 2 imports (normally American) per team

I will delete this if you give me free tickets.hahahaha
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
          for parks, at this point, playing in the toughest league he can play in is more beneficial. He'd have a hard time getting into nba dleague had he came at an older age. BRP had plenty of time being the man in the UAAP(with mix results). Hopefully playing and training with borderline nba players help him and gilas in the future

Wasn't able to watch any abl games this season, how is the competition? how would a UAAP team fare in ABL?
          agree, not only that even in practice he will be up against borderline nba player(pba level imports) day in day out and more importantly he will be worked on and handled by great people that knows the ins and out of the nba he wont get that elsewhere, if you ask me that alone is a huge plus for him.
          "Champions aren't made in the gyms; Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION" - Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopaddict View Post
            Let's see here: Did junemar develop his skills while in the ABL? pringle, banchero,melton,tautua or even wright and brickman?
            junemar only has brief stint with abl so it easy to say no, as for the rest im sure they benefited playing against there because it has two behemoth imports in every rosters.
            "Champions aren't made in the gyms; Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION" - Muhammad Ali

Comment

Here is thread conversation.... delete...... . I hope i gave a good account of Matt's game

Analyzed:

Matthew Wright

Y/// delete

Analyzed

I'm a ray fan so I created this forum title.

Can I you suggest to make your fanboy Matthew Wright his own forum title.

he he
              MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

• Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post

he he
                Seconded

Comment

• Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post

he he
                  +9999999

Comment

• Originally posted by StrecthFour View Post
                    junemar only has brief stint with abl so it easy to say no, as for the rest im sure they benefited playing against there because it has two behemoth imports in every rosters.
                    Junemar developed his skills during the gilas 2.0 training camp playing against marc pingris on a daily basis! He's now one of the best DOTA players not named Marc pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by adrian12695 View Post
                      Junemar developed his skills during the gilas 2.0 training camp playing against marc pingris on a daily basis! He's now one of the best DOTA players not named Marc pingris
                      well JF's room buddy during 2013-2014 is beau belga not pingris.
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                        well JF's room buddy during 2013-2014 is beau belga not pingris.
                        whoever his roommate was, Junemar is getting better every single day #DOTAislife

Comment

• Originally posted by adrian12695 View Post
                          whoever his roommate was, Junemar is getting better every single day #DOTAislife
                          Junmar Fajardo Thread pls post it here.

The Philippines are slowly regaining the spotlight that once belonged to them: kings of Asian basketball. With the dynamic PBA and scouting and improvement programs, the National Team is reviving past success. Talk RP Basketball in our Philippines/PBA forum!

Tnx
                          MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

My question on Parks D- league experience is if he's getting better? Logic would say with exposure to NBA level athletes and size in practice and the limited game time that it should be benefiting him. I haven't seen him enough in "real" situations that matter to make an assessment if he's getting better.
                            When i say "real" situations I'm referring to playing time that matters to winning and losing. The limited minutes he's getting are in situations " when the coach can afford to use him and not affect the outcome of the game or much more there overall standing. (e.g trying to make the playoffs).
                            This is indeed a concern for growth and development of a player. Much more on the mental side , how do you play when things matter. This is why despite Wright playing in a signficantly lower level league (NBL) , the play situations demanded of him are good mentally to develop a players "balls " so to speak and general diskarte . If you play in a best of 5 finals, where you are demanded to be one of the main scorers ( and mind you you have American imports however lower standard) , this situation improves a basketball player. Especilly if your avg 23 pts a game, that's repetition right there. .
                            I hope with Parks to compliment his development in the NBA D-league , which has its benefits that he gets to play in "real" games that matter , where his play dictates winning or losing, A player needs this "mentally" to develop.
                            Ray Parks can get a call up in the NBA if he is one of the top players of the D-League. The way I see it he might play in the Summer League again. Hopefully he would be able to make a name for himself in the Summer League.

Comment

• Now that Parks is practising with Gilas and included in the pool, i hope he will silence the doubters including to those who says Wright > Parks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liptong View Post
                                Now that Parks is practising with Gilas and included in the pool, i hope he will silence the doubters including to those who says Wright > Parks.
                                Both players are actually good but what some says including analyzed is that Wright is a better shooter compared to parks, probably a lil better player also. But me too would love to be corrected if it turns out that parks is now really that good and will silence some of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information