When did LeBron surpass Kobe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did LeBron surpass Kobe ?

According to Michael Jordan ; it's never happened. .

Kobe
    0%
    LeBron
    0%
    Draw
    0%
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

To me it was 05-06 and was solidified in 2006-07 when he had what is still the most dominant playoff performance I have ever seen in that Game 5 against Detroit.

Kobe regained the top spot for a few years in 2008 when he finally started playing the right way and being a facilitator but after that it was all LeBron.

But Kawhi is knocking on the door, with Giannis right behind him. Kawhi was just flat out amazing in last year's playoffs when healthy, but still isn't quite there because LeBron is a true point-forward and Kawhi has yet to really become that. But he has become imo the most dominant, complete player since mid 2000s LeBron.

I think people really forget just how good LeBron was back then. He was a 6'8" shooting guard who was built like a defensive lineman who could do literally everything on the court. He moved like Kobe, Jordan, etc... like a swingman. Like Kawhi does. Before Kawhi, only Tyreke Evans had been able to play that way other than LeBron. Then Lance Stephenson, minus the shooting.

Jordan is the GOAT but I honestly think he's biased in favor of shooting guards.

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
      To me it was 05-06 and was solidified in 2006-07 when he had what is still the most dominant playoff performance I have ever seen in that Game 5 against Detroit.

Kobe regained the top spot for a few years in 2008 when he finally started playing the right way and being a facilitator but after that it was all LeBron.

But Kawhi is knocking on the door, with Giannis right behind him. Kawhi was just flat out amazing in last year's playoffs when healthy, but still isn't quite there because LeBron is a true point-forward and Kawhi has yet to really become that. But he has become imo the most dominant, complete player since mid 2000s LeBron.

I think people really forget just how good LeBron was back then. He was a 6'8" shooting guard who was built like a defensive lineman who could do literally everything on the court. He moved like Kobe, Jordan, etc... like a swingman. Like Kawhi does. Before Kawhi, only Tyreke Evans had been able to play that way other than LeBron. Then Lance Stephenson, minus the shooting.

Jordan is the GOAT but I honestly think he's biased in favor of shooting guards.
      There is Kevin Durant, and Chris Paul....

And you're talking about Antetokounmpo...
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Ordan is trying to protect his goat status. "let me debate kobe over lebron " to infer am better then lebron.
        No one puts Kobe over Jordan, but lot of people in world put Lebron ahead of Ordan.

Ordan better shut up. Lebron better then ordan and kobe combined.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
          Ordan is trying to protect his goat status. "let me debate kobe over lebron " to infer am better then lebron.
          No one puts Kobe over Jordan, but lot of people in world put Lebron ahead of Ordan.

Hahhahahaha. This is the funniest post I have ever read. Ordan is the GOAT

Comment

You nailed it. That's exactly what Ordan or Jordan is doing. He has the agenda of protecting his legacy as the greatest so by putting Kobe who is a lesser copy of Jordan and nobody in their right minds would ever but ahead of Jordan he is saying he is clearly the best. As you pointed out LeBron vs Jordan is debatable. Kobe vs Jordan isn't.

Ps In accordance with who started this thread the proper answer is that LeBron surpassed Kobe probable when he was 15 or 16 years old and grew taller than 6 foot 6.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              You nailed it. That's exactly what Ordan or Jordan is doing. He has the agenda of protecting his legacy as the greatest so by putting Kobe who is a lesser copy of Jordan and nobody in their right minds would ever but ahead of Jordan he is saying he is clearly the best. As you pointed out LeBron vs Jordan is debatable. Kobe vs Jordan isn't.

Ps In accordance with who started this thread the proper answer is that LeBron surpassed Kobe probable when he was 15 or 16 years old and grew taller than 6 foot 6.
              LeBron, the best center in NBA

Comment

Lebron is the 2nd greatest player if all time. 4 MVP, 3 finals MVP > 1 MVP, and 2 finals MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                  There is Kevin Durant, and Chris Paul....

And you're talking about Antetokounmpo...
                  KD is nothing but a tall shooter who can score a bit and occasionally plays defense. He had to join Golden State for a reason. CP3 I'm not sure how he fits into this discussion. He's amazing but he's just a great point guard.

Comment

KD is nothing but a tall shooter who can score a bit and occasionally plays defense. He had to join Golden State for a reason. CP3 I'm not sure how he fits into this discussion. .
                    Hm what ?

1- Lebron had to join Miami so he could win two championships, and he is still three championships behind of Jordan and two championships behind of Kobe. Kobe would surpass Jordan if he could do the same thing that Lebron, KD and Garnett did.

Only Jordan and Kobe won all their championships in the same team.

CP3 I'm not sure how he fits into this discussion. He's amazing but he's just a great point guard.
                    2- Jordan and Kobe are SGs and LeBron is a SF. You are still comparing them with each other.
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Kobe would surpass Jordan if he could do the same thing that Lebron, KD and Garnett did.
                      None of those three guys had the good fortune to start with a franchise like the Lakers and Kobe wanted to leave the team around 2007.

Comment

Hm what ?

1- Lebron had to join Miami so he could win two championships, and he is still three championships behind of Jordan and two championships behind of Kobe. Kobe would surpass Jordan if he could do the same thing that Lebron, KD and Garnett did.

Only Jordan and Kobe won all their championships in the same team.

2- Jordan and Kobe are SGs and LeBron is a SF. You are still comparing them with each other.
                        You heard me.

LeBron didn't have to join any team. This is something people get so twisted. He had to leave Cleveland because they refused to put anything real around him. They brought in the best players around him in that time via trade or free agency, and for the most part the only ones who were any good were over the hill. After trading Andre Miller for Darius Miles and losing Carlos Boozer to free agency, the Cavs brought in a rotating door of big men and point guards without ever bringing in one who belonged starting on a contender -with the exception of Snow maybe. Their 2004 draft picks were Luke Jackson and Varajeo. Their only good picks they held onto in the entire time LeBron was there were Shannon Brown, Boobie Gibson, and JJ Hickson. That's literally it. Those squads LeBron carried on his back throughout his entire tenure are hands down some of the worst playoff let alone contending squads in the history of the game. Their big acquisitions for LeBron were an over the hill Shaq, an over the hill Larry Hughes, an over the hill Antawn Jamison, and overrated, ballhog ass Mo Williams. Kobe had Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and just so much more. Don't even get me started on the loaded roster KD had from 08 on or how Jeff Green was the real leader on that team while KD and Russ grew up. You're out of your mind with these claims.

2. This thread itself is comparing LeBron, Kobe, and Jordan. And you created it.

Comment

Winning championships - MVP with multiple teams is more impressive then winning with one team.It just testifies to your greatness.

Comment

Winning championships - MVP with multiple teams is more impressive then winning with one team.It just testifies to your greatness.
                            And only Kareem and LeBron won NBA Finals MVP, and MVP with two different teams.

Comment

You heard me.
                              LeBron didn't have to join any team. This is something people get so twisted. He had to leave Cleveland because they refused to put anything real around him. They brought in the best players around him in that time via trade or free agency, and for the most part the only ones who were any good were over the hill. After trading Andre Miller for Darius Miles and losing Carlos Boozer to free agency, the Cavs brought in a rotating door of big men and point guards without ever bringing in one who belonged starting on a contender -with the exception of Snow maybe. Their 2004 draft picks were Luke Jackson and Varajeo. Their only good picks they held onto in the entire time LeBron was there were Shannon Brown, Boobie Gibson, and JJ Hickson. That's literally it. Those squads LeBron carried on his back throughout his entire tenure are hands down some of the worst playoff let alone contending squads in the history of the game. Their big acquisitions for LeBron were an over the hill Shaq, an over the hill Larry Hughes, an over the hill Antawn Jamison, and overrated, ballhog ass Mo Williams. Kobe had Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and just so much more. Don't even get me started on the loaded roster KD had from 08 on or how Jeff Green was the real leader on that team while KD and Russ grew up. You're out of your mind with these claims.
                              Right, I think that's why people blame him for starting the 'super team' thing.

He started it, not KD. This is just a hypocrisy if you're going to blame KD for joining to the GSW.

And don't even mention about how weak Cavs were, Dallas team had a much weaker roster against Miami and they still won the 2011. Detroit won the 2004 with a lesser roster than the Lakers. Lebron started the super team because he was afraid to not win a championship so he had to leave the Cavs and played with D-Wade, Chris Bosh in Miami which is a super team.
                              2. This thread itself is comparing LeBron, Kobe, and Jordan. And you created it.

Yes, and you throw out names like Kawhi and Anteto, and I said other names like KD and CP3.
                              FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information