CJ Perez thread...point guard of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ayban View Post
    the question is will he be allowed or given the chance to play PG? he can have all the tools, but if he is used as an SG and SF, he will not develop or mature to become a PG.
    He's playing mainly as a 4 in Lyceum and even a center sometimes. Kinda like how Abueva was used at Baste. His got better handles than Abueva for sure but he's definetly not a point guard at this point. He's got NT potential but at 24 I don't think he can be a better PG than Romeo Ravena Amer Jalalon etc who played the position for a while now.

Comment

CJ Perez, point guard of the present

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        Played already with the national team last 2016 Challenge Cup. According to one poster though, an applicant should have at least 2 Gila's stints or national team callups to be exempted from the D League play.
        nah, I'm just wondering if he has played against older and tougher competition. He's too good and too old for college ball. And he keeps on transferring schools so he really doesn't have a lot of experience on court. He's just a tad younger that guys like Romeo, Pogoy, Troy, cbc etc. Romeo has been in the pba since 2013/14.

Comment

Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
          CJ Perez, point guard of the present
          i think he's got same handles as Keifer Ravena. making him PG i think is very possible.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by heinztein View Post
            I'm not actually worried about this guy's shooting percentage. To me he's more a young Jason Castro and Chris Ross Combo and I'm pretty sure those shooting percentages will go up, he just needs to put some work. What this guy brings to the table though is length,explosiveness and tenacity in defense, something that we desperately need at the 1 spot. He has the tools to be a great PG. Potential wise, I do think his ceiling is gonna be higher compared to the likes of Ravena, Jalalon or maybe even Terrence Romeo.
            Willie Miller seems to have a suspect outside shooting before he entered the PBA. But Miller polished his outside shooting during his stint in the PBA
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Willie Miller seems to have a suspect outside shooting before he entered the PBA. But Miller polished his outside shooting during his stint in the PBA
              Similar with Castro, he just improved his outside shooting in mid and later part of his PBA career.

Comment

I have a good feeling about this kid. He might be our wildcard for our national team.He has the height, athleticism, good handles to be a point guard.
                He is a Calvin Abueva with handles.
                He might be old by college standard but Castro was already 26 or 27 in his first Fiba Asiz but still he became two time best pg in Asia.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                  I have a good feeling about this kid. He might be our wildcard for our national team.He has the height, athleticism, good handles to be a point guard.
                  He might be old by college standard but Castro was already 26 or 27 in his first Fiba Asiz but still he became two time best pg in Asia.
                  safe to say that CJ should be a complete player by that time, the thing is, Castro has achieved a lot in the PBA before being included in the Gilas team. CJ has to work double time if he wants to get noticed.
                  "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

He is a Calvin Abueva minus the antics.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      He is a Calvin Abueva minus the antics.
                      A Calvin Abueva without the antics isn't Calvin Abueva hehe
                      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

But Castro wasnt converted into a PG.

Comment

I hope he will only spend one year with LPU, hopefully they win the championship in NCAA then join Pilipinas Gilas pool and join PBA draft. Time is being wasted, he is not getting any younger, and his talents can be put into good use in the national team.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information