Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Olympiakos Piraeus 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    So we're not terrible yet but we'll be terrible soon enough because Spanoulis will retire but Spanoulis should have retired years ago because he's detrimental to the team but once he does retire, the team will be ruined.

I love these insightful, well-thought arguments.
    Yes, I know, Roberts and Brown are bright backcourt future.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    To win Oly in SEF is technically a "great away win". But SEF is like our second home so I understand what you mean and I agree.
    You know what i meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Yes, I know, Roberts and Brown are bright backcourt future.
    Who you gonna support after Doncic goes to the NBA?Efes maybe for Dragic?Or Banvit for Vidmar?Now that's a dillema....

Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    Who you gonna support after Doncic goes to the NBA?Efes maybe for Dragic?Or Banvit for Vidmar?Now that's a dillema....
    Real of course. And if you want specific players, it will be Llull, Prepelic, Randolph and Ayon.
    previously known as Beno

Real of course. And if you want specific players, it will be Llull, Prepelic, Randolph and Ayon.
    Sure.The easy way is the best way i agree.

Sure.The easy way is the best way i agree.
    I step on easy way in 1988 with Drazen. Were you born then?
    previously known as Beno

I step on easy way in 1988 with Drazen. Are you born then?
    Yes i was.And even then, still the easy way..

Yes i was.And even then, still the easy way..
    I don’t believe anybody playing basketball in Yugoslavia had a chance not to go with Drazen. He was something else.
    previously known as Beno

I don’t believe anybody playing basketball in Yugoslavia has a chance not to go with Drazen. He was something else.
    You could have been a PAO fan then! Unfortunately for all, bb lost a phenomenal athlete, PAO lost a great leader and you lost a lot of EL cups (as a PAO fan I mean).

I don’t believe anybody playing basketball in Yugoslavia had a chance not to go with Drazen. He was something else.
    Sure Drazen was Drazen.But..KK Split????

You could have been a PAO fan then! Unfortunately for all, bb lost a phenomenal athlete, PAO lost a great leader and you lost a lot of EL cups (as a PAO fan I mean).
    I don’t believe this rumor was true. He was incredible prepared for next season and too competitive to return in Europe.
    previously known as Beno

I don’t believe this rumor was true. He was incredible prepared for next season and too competitive to return in Europe.
    Rumor? Not at all.
    It was 1993 and PAO's coach was Pavlisevic (Croatian) and the center was Vrankovic, a close friend-almost a brother- of Drazen . In the summer of that year,when Drazen was playing with Croatian NT, he had given an interview. He said that he was not pleased with the Nets, his teammates envied him, he didn't get the recognition he deserved from the league (all star game etc) and he was displeased in general. He had proved his value there and he was thinking to leave NBA and continue his career in Greece.

A week or so before the accident, Drazen had given another interview to B.SkoUntis, a well known Greek sport reporter. Skoudis asked him if it was true that he would sign for PAO. Drazen answered "We are pretty close".
    He said that he liked a lot to play along with N.Galis and Stojan, they will devour any title there is and so on.
    This interview was published in NEA (reliable conservative newspaper) and TRIPONTO (reliable bb magazine).

Rumor? Not at all.
    It was 1993 and PAO's coach was Pavlisevic (Croatian) and the center was Vrankovic, a close friend-almost a brother- of Drazen . In the summer of that year,when Drazen was playing with Croatian NT, he had given an interview. He said that he was not pleased with the Nets, his teammates envied him, he didn't get the recognition he deserved from the league (all star game etc) and he was displeased in general. He had proved his value there and he was thinking to leave NBA and continue his career in Greece.

A week or so before the accident, Drazen had given another interview to B.SkoUntis, a well known Greek sport reporter. Skoudis asked him if it was true that he would sign for PAO. Drazen answered "We are pretty close".
    He said that he liked a lot to play along with N.Galis and Stojan, they will devour any title there is and so on.
    This interview was published in NEA (reliable conservative newspaper) and TRIPONTO (reliable bb magazine).
    I heard that Pao president had blank cheque for Drazen. But knowing Drazen all that sounds unlikely. I believe he has opened that possibility too, but his main target was Nba.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 02-25-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Offtopic:

I heard that Pao president had blank cheque for Drazen.
    Hadn't seen it written like this in a very long time. Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Offtopic:

Hadn't seen it written like this in a very long time. Bless you.
    My Lord, the Chancellor of the Exchequer is waiting for you in the drawing room!
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    My Lord, the Chancellor of the Exchequer is waiting for you in the drawing room!
    My highness shall cometh!

Winning in Madrid or Fener or Moscow pleases me more than winning in OAKA.
    If we will lose euroleague playoff series against pao come and tell me that you prefer to win in Madrid and instanbul..

Quote Originally Posted by childress67 View Post
    If we will lose euroleague playoff series against pao come and tell me that you prefer to win in Madrid and instanbul..
    Thats different.And did you forgot the refs performance in last game?I sure didnt....

I heard that Pao president had blank cheque for Drazen. But knowing Drazen all that sounds unlikely. I believe he has opened that possibility too, but his main target was Nba.
    Knowing Drazen, I am sure that he would prefer to be the absolute king in Europe than a good player in the NBA. Drazen proved he can play well in that level and he also realized that it's impossible to become a top player. Also,being a white boy , born outside the USA, he was not league's first choice for promotion. Those times were a bit different,
    His choice to come back to his throne and "devour" (!) any title there is with PAO, seems to me quite fitting to his character

Anyway, since he had admitted that he was "pretty close" to sign for PAO just a few days before the accident, the word "rumor" is inaccurate.

Pardon the ot. The flow of the discussion ...as always.

Knowing Drazen, I am sure that he would prefer to be the absolute king in Europe than a good player in the NBA. Drazen proved he can play well in that level and he also realized that it's impossible to become a top player. Also,being a white boy , born outside the USA, he was not league's first choice for promotion. Those times were a bit different,
    His choice to come back to his throne and "devour" (!) any title there is with PAO, seems to me quite fitting to his character

Anyway, since he had admitted that he was "pretty close" to sign for PAO just a few days before the accident, the word "rumor" is inaccurate.

Pardon the ot. The flow of the discussion ...as always.
    In his bag they found a list with 9 offers, 2 from Greece, 1 from Italy and 6 from Nba. His brother Aco said, he would have gone to Knicks.
    “With Drazen Petrovic we’d get exactly what we need to win the championship.”
    - New York coach Pat Riley expressed his wishes to New York Times.

unfortunately, we wil never know.
    previously known as Beno

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast