Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympiakos Piraeus 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    what the regular oly fans write about your team in every sport site in Greece after the loss of the cup? Your fans want the replacement of Sferopoulos.
    You haven't polled every fan and I have no reason to think that is a majority opinion.
    Also saying we should replace Sfairopoulos without saying with whom is pointless, just social media garbage.
    It's just as garbage to say 'Let's sack Sfairopoulos and get Blatt!'.

However it's very encouraging that pao fans consider being one win down the best possible outcome for them and that they wish for this to continue in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    You haven't polled every fan and I have no reason to think that is a majority opinion.
    Wow, double standard much? I like this new approach though, keep it up (Although technically, you don't need to poll every fan but whatever...)

Killer_Bob has posted multiple times about the negative effect that Spanoulis has this year. Don't get me wrong, he is still one of the greatest players. In the game against AEK he was one of the best (undeniably in my opinion) and it was obvious that he was the only one who understood what playing in a final game means.

That's what you need Spanoulis for though, and that's what everybody sees. Yes, including a bunch of Oly fans. I won't say the majority, to refrain from triggering your statistics education. You need him for the big time and the big game. You can't exhaust him because he can't deliver consistently any more. That's a fact and as I said you can find Bob's posts with EL stats. Time was not beaten by anyone. Spanoulis is one of the greatest, but he is getting old. He needs a better supporting cast to be able to take a back seat and step in, in big games.

Also saying we should replace Sfairopoulos without saying with whom is pointless, just social media garbage.
    This is true though. I am against mid-season coach changes. Everybody should be criticized at the end of the year. Then, if the administrators are not happy, they fire the necessary people, get new ones and plan for the offseason. Mid-season changes rarely work out.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Killer_Bob has posted multiple times about the negative effect that Spanoulis has this year.
    Many people who have suffered greatly throughout the years have been posting about the negative effect they wish Spanoulis had.

Spanoulis averaged 17-6 in the last playoffs to get us to the f4, he was great this season in must-win home games against cska and fener and he was by far the best in the final against AEK.
    I don't care if he needs to play at 5% for most of the season for his knees to hold up, he still has the greatest ceiling than any of our players and the people wondering when he's retiring can understand that very well unless they're THAT stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    He needs a better supporting cast to be able to take a back seat and step in, in big games.
    Well, unlike other teams that evade taxes or have bottomless pockets, that's kinda hard for us.
    We are looking to make some changes according to the press but we'll see.

Just lol!
    Agreed, but we all know how passionate and sometimes irrational the MAJORITY of oly fans can become after some humiliating defeats.
    However it's very encouraging that pao fans consider being one win down the best possible outcome for them and that they wish for this to continue in perpetuity.
    I think they wish Sferopoulos "to continue in perpetuity" mainly because of the consecutive PAO's wins over his team. Even hardcore oly fans "can understand that very well unless they're THAT stupid."

Many people who have suffered greatly throughout the years have been posting about the negative effect they wish Spanoulis had.
    Who are those people? It seems that most of them are your fans, who care more for your team than for Span's reputation.

I don't care if he needs to play at 5% for most of the season for his knees to hold up, he still has the greatest ceiling than any of our players and the people wondering when he's retiring can understand that very well unless they're THAT stupid.
    The highest ceiling and the deepest bottom e.g. -6 PIR with Real, an indifferent game apparently. But ...it was not a "must win game" and Sferopoulos didn't activate him because he wanted to protect him! (just 21 minutes in the court) If you can count his good games in a season using the fingers of one hand then there is something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark. Don't you think?
    Anyway, his influence on the team is more important than his individual stats. Some people believe that OLY's game doesn't roll better since he came back. Is this another rumor coming from pao fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I think they wish Sferopoulos "to continue in perpetuity" mainly because of the consecutive PAO's wins over his team. Even hardcore oly fans "can understand that very well unless they're THAT stupid."
    Wow, if you're content with being a mediocre european club just because you can sometimes beat us, you should have kept Pedoulakis.

Oly's rivals are Real, Fener, Cska etc. Not some team that gets swept, year in, year out. Against them Sfairopoulos isn't doing too badly and I can't think of anyone available who would do better for the same salary.

an indifferent game apparently
    We can get home court advantage by winning our home games so yeah, pretty much.
    Always nice to be 5-0 against the latest F4 teams of course but who's counting really.

Some people believe that OLY's game doesn't roll better since he came back. Is this another rumor coming from pao fans?
    And some people believed -and argued just that here- that Strelnieks wasn't playing poorly because of fatigue and a slump but because of Spanoulis. I'm sure I remember pao fans among them.
    I haven't seen a single one of them admit to being wrong now that Strelnieks is back to contributing.

I've said it many times, some people should just switch favourite sports, find one they understand better.

I think Oly if fine. They just need to stick with what they have and they'll be great. Tillie is coming back and it's only a matter of time before Roberts and Thompson come good.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    it's only a matter of time before Roberts and Thompson come good.
    You spelled "are gone for" wrong

Wow, if you're content with being a mediocre european club just because you can sometimes beat us, you should have kept Pedoulakis.

Oly's rivals are Real, Fener, Cska etc. Not some team that gets swept, year in, year out. Against them Sfairopoulos isn't doing too badly and I can't think of anyone available who would do better for the same salary.
    I admit that PAO fans are not above any title, cup etc in every tournament they participate. Come to think of it, it's strange since PAO has many more domestic championships, cups and EL stars than OLY. Perhaps your team's lack of motivation is the explanation.
    Anyway, we are not content just when we beat you (we know you don't care ) but it's a good start for greater goals. That's why we love Sferopoulos,

We can get home court advantage by winning our home games so yeah, pretty much.
    Always nice to be 5-0 against the latest F4 teams of course but who's counting really.
    Your original angle of view explains perfectly the -6 PIR of Spanoulis in that game. Legit.

I've said it many times, some people should just switch favourite sports, find one they understand better.
    If we "switch favourite sports" and stop reading experts like you, how can we start to understand the game? What will happen when everyone of you, the connoisseurs of bb, has died? Who will succeed you?

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    I think Oly if fine. They just need to stick with what they have and they'll be great. Tillie is coming back and it's only a matter of time before Roberts and Thompson come good.
    +1 for your ergonomical approach. Let's hope OLY's management agrees with you.

I've been saying this so many times, but we can't compete for anything when we literally have the worst PG duo in EL. Mantzaris and Roberts are pure trashes, they contribute nothing, they are literally a pain to watch. Sfairopoulos is a good coach considering the material he is given but he is stubborn AS FCK. He should've already replaced this joke Roberts and limit Mantzaris time to like 5 mins per game, instead he keeps sticking to an obviously failed plan and has to resort to Strelnieks to play as PG when he could've been a god tier SG(more team plays for him PLEASE). The whole way our team operates, this one dimensional game style is clearly not gonna work anymore. He needs to get his sh*t together or gtfo.

Coming from an Oly fan, this is the joke of the year, considering 99% of them started watching basketball in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingGuy View Post
    has to resort to Strelnieks to play as PG when he could've been a god tier SG(more team plays for him PLEASE).
    100% behind this. Strelnieks is an amazing transfer for Oly. I wish we had him instead of James.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    Coming from an Oly fan, this is the joke of the year, considering 99% of them started watching basketball in 2012
    and 99% of pao fans started watching on 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    and 99% of pao fans started watching on 2011.
    olympiakos right now has the same amount of titles panathinaikos had in the 70's. between 1997 and 2012 they were saying that you play something else with your hands and definetely not basketball. panathinaikos fans were outside OAKA back in 2010 to cheer for the team when we lost against marousi,while olympiakos fans were outside SEF to bash mantzaris and bartzokas back in 2014 when they lost the quartefinal against panathinaikos. thats the quality difference between the fans of the 2 teams. panathinaikos fans love the team,while olympiakos love the titles(which you rarely win btw,you are still behind alvertis) and they cant accept defeat and thats the reason greek finals never end when the title is over in SEF
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    olympiakos right now has the same amount of titles panathinaikos had in the 70's. between 1997 and 2012 they were saying that you play something else with your hands and definetely not basketball. panathinaikos fans were outside OAKA back in 2010 to cheer for the team when we lost against marousi,while olympiakos fans were outside SEF to bash mantzaris and bartzokas back in 2014 when they lost the quartefinal against panathinaikos. thats the quality difference between the fans of the 2 teams. panathinaikos fans love the team,while olympiakos love the titles(which you rarely win btw,you are still behind alvertis) and they cant accept defeat and thats the reason greek finals never end when the title is over in SEF
    Oly was in the EL F4 in 99.We were also back in the Greek finals in 2002.Had a rough patch for 4 years and then Aggelo brothers came and the team revived.We never lost connection with the sport.PAO fans on the other hand were forced to watch bbal both cause we forced them out of football and cause of their success in Euroleague.You always cared about football more.But.....Now you act like you are some superior race of bbal fans.Which you arent.Just cause you were forced to watch bbal doesnt mean you learnt the sport.

I didn’t know that for watching and understanding basketball you have to be a Bachelor of basketball science.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I didn’t know that for watching and understanding basketball you have to be a Bachelor of basketball science.
    You dont live in Greece so you cant really understand what im trying to say.Kids like saras here cant draw the whole picture for you.

We have a running joke for Oly fans saying until a few years, when they saw a basketball they would call the anti-terrorism unit to disarm it because they think its a bomb and another saying they appeal for off-sides for opposition fast breaks.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

while panathinaikos was playing at sporting for OAKA to be reconstructed for the olympics,olympiakos was playing in a small court at korydallos. there was a basketball match there,when their fans were protesting for an offside. so yeah these guys need a bachelor to watch and understand basketball. one of their previous presidents in football has called them scientists as well
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast