Olympiakos Piraeus 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympiakos Piraeus 2017-2018

This is the current roster of players that are under contract with the team:

Point Guards
    Vaggelis Mantzaris, Brian Roberts, Vasilis Toliopoulos

Shooting Guards
    Vasilis Spanoulis, Janis Strelnieks

Small Forwards
    Kostas Papanikolaou, Ioannis Papapetrou

Power Forwards
    Giorgos Printezis, Kim Tillie, Dimitris Agravanis

Centers
    Nikola Milutinov, Jamel McLean, Giorgos Bogris

Olympiakos will finish the roster with a player who will replace Matt Lojeski in sg-sf position.

Brian Roberts isn't exactly official yet.

The swingman needs to have 40% on spot up 3s and we must hope that Sfairopoulos can get solid defence out of the roster, even if most players are average to bad defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
      Brian Roberts isn't exactly official yet.

The swingman needs to have 40% on spot up 3s and we must hope that Sfairopoulos can get solid defence out of the roster, even if most players are average to bad defenders.
      We will make an offer for Lamar Patterson..does anyone know him?

Comment

Originally posted by childress67 View Post
        I watched him at Pitt and a bit when he played in TOFAS few years back. As a replacement for Lojeski it's a bad choice to be honest. He is a guy that craves the ball and with it can be pretty effective as a inside scorer + creator. He is not that great defensively and also as a shooter he is quite streaky and has bad shot selection.

I don't see him as a 3&D solution, and he will need a lot of the ball. Which we know will never happen in Oly We know who owns all the balls in the club

Comment

Originally posted by childress67 View Post
          Nope and I don't like what I'm seeing...

At this point, what the hell, let's get Bramos.

Comment

Dimitris Agravanis extended his contract until 2020!

It is the first time, Aggelopoulos brothers renewed a contract that wasn't going to end, in the end of the year. This never happened with players like Spanoulis, Printezis, Papanikolaou, Mantzaris, Sloukas! Change of contract policies or something else ?

Comment

Roster closed after Thompson's addition, it should be something like this;

1. Mantzaris / Roberts
              1.2 Spanoulis / Strelnieks / Toliopoulos
              2.3 Thompson
              3. Papanikolaou / Papapetrou
              4. Printezis / Tillie / Agravanis
              5. Milutinov / McLean / Bogris
              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

It's all on Roberts. If he plays good we will have a great team, if not we will have big issues.

Comment

Originally posted by fulcizombie View Post
                  It's all on Roberts. If he plays good we will have a great team, if not we will have big issues.
                  Yes, it will all start and end with him.

There are plenty of shooters in the roster, something which we rarely if ever had. There aren't many facilitators though but if Roberts and Strelnieks can get 3 assists each we'll be much better than last year.
                  Defensively, I think Sfairopoulos can figure it out and hopefully a healthy team with more offensive options than last year will also have more energy at the end of the season.

Comment

Thanks, here we can see the greatness of Olympiakos.

Life is tough Sergio Llull, but so are you. We want the best against us and you are one of them. Get well soon!!! #WeAreOympiacos

Good luck this season!

Comment

Olympiakos this year can't be considered an outsider any more. They are among the 3-4 favorite teams for the title. At this moment perhaps Oly and Cska are the strongest teams.

Comment

Hollis Thompson - Welcome To Olympiacos B.C. ᴴᴰ

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Hollis thompson can be sign of the year.
                          He can be beast in europe

Comment

Olympiakos lost the game against AEK, probably after this defeat Pana will obtain the first place concerning regular season.

Printezis and Milutinov didn't play but Sferopoulos has great responsabilities for this defeat. He gave too many minutes to Spanoulis who was really a disaster.

2/7 shots and 9(!!) turnovers. Roberts, Mantzaris, Strelnieks were available but he preferred to keep Spanoulis on court during the last minutes.

Thompson played awfully too.

Comment

I've said before that the return of Spanoulis will at least initially cause problems and Strelnieks and others will get less minutes and fewer responsibilities with negative effects.

The match against AEK was one such example.
                              "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information