FIBA Asia For Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Asia For Women

Could someone please explain to me the differences between Division A and Division B for FIBA Asia for Women? Are teams from Division B able to qualify for the World Cup? Im a little confused, thanks.

Originally posted by CAREY33 View Post
    Could someone please explain to me the differences between Division A and Division B for FIBA Asia for Women? Are teams from Division B able to qualify for the World Cup? Im a little confused, thanks.
    No only teams in division A can qualify for the WC. As for division B, the winner of it qualify to the divion A.

Comment

The sad sad plight of the Korean Women's NT. Lack of quality tuneups, no budget and the coach who has yet to fully acclimate with the team. It would be a miracle if they qualified for Spain.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

China, Japan and Australia scored the most convincing wins today. Despite amazing shooting of Suk-Yong Ro (14/17 FG and 36 pts), North Korea was edged by one point by ChineseTaipei. TPE was led by big Hsi-Le Bao (aka Joy Burke, former star at Arizona State) with 17 points and 10 rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
          Despite amazing shooting of Suk-Yong Ro (14/17 FG and 36 pts)
          The box score only says 32 now to cover their asses
          See my thread here: http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...26#post1142226
          aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
            The box score only says 32 now to cover their asses
            See my thread here: http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...26#post1142226
            I've seen it and find it shameful from the "organization".

Concerning Ro scoring, this and that report 36 and 38 points (maybe this last figure was confused with the efficiency!). Btw, her shooting has now been corrected to 12/17 FG in the boxscore.

Anyway, my point was the performance level of this little known player (at least to me).

Comment

Kim Danbi is extremely one dimensional.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

why is it Indonesia /thailand / malaysia did not participate in Division B ?

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

18-year old Yueru Li with 33 pts and 11 reb today in another China blowout, she could be the next big thing.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
                    18-year old Yueru Li with 33 pts and 11 reb today in another China blowout, she could be the next big thing.
                    I saw one play where she made a steal against an opposing ball-handler, lead the break and passed the ball to a trailing teammate to finish with a layup.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Park Ji-Su making a big difference in this 4th quarter against the Tall Blacks. Korea's perimeter players are struggling but Park and Kwak have stepped up big time.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

South Korea qualifies for next year's Women's World Cup. Still, not an impressive campaign IMO. Lost big time to AUS and JPN in a tournament where AUS-CHN-JPN are booked as shoo-ins and the last spot a toss-up for KOR-NZL-TPE.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                          South Korea qualifies for next year's Women's World Cup. Still, not an impressive campaign IMO. Lost big time to AUS and JPN in a tournament where AUS-CHN-JPN are booked as shoo-ins and the last spot a toss-up for KOR-NZL-TPE.
                          Yep. China, Japan, Korea, and Australia qualify for the Worlds.

BTW, I am just curious, what were your thoughts about Korea during their first quarter vs the Philippines where they were down 7-14 at one point? I didn't get to watch the whole game but I was surprised to see our women's team to lead Korea early that game. Well, we still lost big, but I never expected Perlas to play so well against the powerhouse teams in Group B. Never gave up vs Japan, had a good 2nd half vs Australia, and a good 1st quarter vs Korea.

Also, I consider myself pleasantly surprised to see Perlas Pilipinas being this competitive in Division A. We still get destroyed by 50+ points by the powerhouse teams but it's not like before when we get massacred by 100+ points every game out. Really hoping for them to give Chinese Taipei a good fight for the 5-8 classification game tomorrow. Any thoughts about a possible upset?
                          Originally posted by gideon
                          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                            Yep. China, Japan, Korea, and Australia qualify for the Worlds.

BTW, I am just curious, what were your thoughts about Korea during their first quarter vs the Philippines where they were down 7-14 at one point? I didn't get to watch the whole game but I was surprised to see our women's team to lead Korea early that game. Well, we still lost big, but I never expected Perlas to play so well against the powerhouse teams in Group B. Never gave up vs Japan, had a good 2nd half vs Australia, and a good 1st quarter vs Korea.

Also, I consider myself pleasantly surprised to see Perlas Pilipinas being this competitive in Division A. We still get destroyed by 50+ points by the powerhouse teams but it's not like before when we get massacred by 100+ points every game out. Really hoping for them to give Chinese Taipei a good fight for the 5-8 classification game tomorrow. Any thoughts about a possible upset?
                            For the 1st half of the PHI-KOR game, Perlas Pilipinas gave them quite a scare only until experienced kicked in favor of Korea's front-court. The experience of playing against WNBA calibre foreigners like Jonquel Jones for the likes of Park Ji-Su, Kim Hanbyeol and Lim Yeong-Hee kicked in and it worked on Korea's favor --- hence the rebounding discrepancy. But the perimeter players of Philippines outplayed their Korean counterparts in the 1st quarter IMO, even 2 time WKBL MVP Park Hyejin struggled against Marizze Tongco and Raiza Dy.

Korea also managed to get something from Kim Danbi, who was left open because of the 3-2 zone that Perlas Pilipinas put up in order to negate the height disadvantage.

Good showing IMO for PHI, add to the fact that these women don't have a pro league but individually, they are talented. For the Asian games, scouting must improve for this team as I can see PHI catching up with TPE and KOR very soon.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Congrats to Japan for defending their title. Though they lost it's good for Australia to face real competition (not named New Zealand) outside of Olympics and World Cups.
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information