Cedi Osman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedi Osman Thread

Osman is locked up by Cavs, 3 years deal for $8.5 million. It is better if we set our expectations not so high on him. I will be surprised if he makes a notable impact there in the long run under current conditions. However, the truth is that I really like his work ethics, he is a very hardworking guy and he clawed his way to the top, he is deserving respect from this approach. His career is going on the right path, it is so far so good. He has made important jumps up to now in Turkey, hopefully he doesn't stop working up his game. One more step forward and you are there as a decent NBA player Osman.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

I don't know much about him and haven't really watched much of him. But I did watch him in the playoffs against Olympiakos and he was horrible. In Cleveland he will get a ton of open looks from beyond the arc, if he shoots like he did in that series he will never get on the court.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
      I don't know much about him and haven't really watched much of him. But I did watch him in the playoffs against Olympiakos and he was horrible. In Cleveland he will get a ton of open looks from beyond the arc, if he shoots like he did in that series he will never get on the court.
      He is already not a good shooter indeed, but not that bad as you watched him against Olympiacos. He can get into high-tempo game and excel on defense. Those two specialties will be the expectations that will assign him there.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
        He is already not a good shooter indeed, but not that bad as you watched him against Olympiacos. He can get into high-tempo game and excel on defense. Those two specialties will be the expectations that will assign him there.
        Then the contract makes a lot of sense for Cleveland and can even end up being a bargain. Wings who can defend are Cleveland's primary needs.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

For me, the closest comparison for Cedi is Cory Brewer. They are both good defenders, good up tempo players who have troube with shooting. Cedi can still improve and Cavs is a good place for him

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
            Then the contract makes a lot of sense for Cleveland and can even end up being a bargain. Wings who can defend are Cleveland's primary needs.
            With one small difference that he was a good defender in EL (not elite though). That usually doesn't really translate that well to NBA. I love the kid, I think his heart is pure and he is all about basketball and not some other bullshit. Whether the Cavs are a great fit for him, I doubt that especially if they go to make him a 3&D guy.

I would've loved him in Portland for example or such team. In that tempo of the game and scheme, he would've shown much more.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
              ...I love the kid, I think his heart is pure and he is all about basketball and not some other bullshit. Whether the Cavs are a great fit for him, I doubt that especially if they go to make him a 3&D guy.
              this is exactly how I feel about Cedi. Great kid, but I've not seen him overcome his flaws over the years, like being assertive with the ball or finishing at the rim.
              draftexpress's 2015 scouting report on him was misleadingly too positive, imho, and I hope he's not signed based on footage or similar info.
              I really wish he ends up surprising us.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                this is exactly how I feel about Cedi. Great kid, but I've not seen him overcome his flaws over the years, like being assertive with the ball or finishing at the rim.
                draftexpress's 2015 scouting report on him was misleadingly too positive, imho, and I hope he's not signed based on footage or similar info.
                I really wish he ends up surprising us.
                David Griffin said he and other Cavs executives came and watch Cedi a lot laat year and saw the work ethic and the defense. They were aware Cedi is not a great shooter. I think they know what they are getting

Comment

Convincing performance in group games. He has gone beyond himself, successfully shouldered facilitator role. He just had to make one step further to be considered as a decent NBA player candidate and he did it, IMO. Cavs fans don't like the idea of trading him to Spurs. The common view is that he is a good versatile player and cut Jefferson, 10-15 min player in his first year. I believe he can make that cut and being a 10-15 min guy is a good rookie year projection for him. The only problem is the coach. Simply a veteran lover, hopefully Osman will overcome his bias.
                  Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Strongest part in Cedi's game was his drives since youth teams but during Efes seasons we couldn't see him going to the rim except transitions. Ufuk Sarıca just used him like in youth teams and it worked.
                    FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
                    Wanamaker - Guduric - Melih
                    Datome - Nunnally - Egehan
                    Melli - Kalinic - Barış
                    Vesely - Thompson - Ahmet

Comment

Originally posted by Black.Mamba View Post
                      Strongest part in Cedi's game was his drives since youth teams but during Efes seasons we couldn't see him going to the rim except transitions. Ufuk Sarıca just used him like in youth teams and it worked.
                      His main problem when driving is he either shots sometimes a forced shot or he passes to whoever is inside. He doesn`t know to pass to a 3 pt shooter from inside. Not a big del but he can develop that to make his harder to guard

Comment

Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information