Furkan Korkmaz Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I'm quite sure he has no idea how big a celebrity he is over an obscure community. Reminds me of the very interesting story of Sixto Rodriguez.

While searching his name on the web, I came across an incredulous blog post from 2013 in which the author is saying "When I head Suacan was going to be signed by Galatasaray, I dismissed it as a joke... I personally know Suacan since 2003. He is not a player to find a spot on a 2nd league roster, let alone being training body in the BSL. Not with lack of his physical attributes, his basketball skills or IQ. I am not trying to bash him, but I could not not have written this piece, with my sense of betrayal haunting me." (loose translation).
    That's brilliant, thank you for finding this and translating. I do find it fascinating, his whole story. Surreal to read that assessment of his abilities and realise that he was actually on court against Real Madrid.

Just reading on Sixto Rodriguez. Reminds me a bit of hearing how some relatively obscure popstars from the UK or America would go to Japan and be mobbed like they were The Beatles.

Comment

Suacan Piskin:

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.
      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Career night of furk. 34 Points!!!!! (13/17 fgp and 7/9 three pointer), 6 rebounds and 4 assists and 1 block in 28 minutes. He was great on both ends. He had much gravity. Coach Brown benched him after the third quarter but Grizzlies had a 15 points run and then Furk came in and saved the game.

Sixers build the team wrong. There is no chemistry in this team. Simmons as the pg cant shoot and blocks the paint permanently. Either Embiid or Simmons must go.

Sixers will give Furk now a big extention although they could have him for a year with a min contract but then hell be free.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Career night of furk. 34 Points!!!!! (13/17 fgp and 7/9 three pointer), 6 rebounds and 4 assists and 1 block in 28 minutes. He was great on both ends. He had much gravity. Coach Brown benched him after the third quarter but Grizzlies had a 15 points run and then Furk came in and saved the game.

Sixers build the team wrong. There is no chemistry in this team. Simmons as the pg cant shoot and blocks the paint permanently. Either Embiid or Simmons must go.

Sixers will give Furk now a big extention although they could have him for a year with a min contract but then hell be free.
            Just one game will not ensure him to have a contract extension, every other NBA player have a night as such in his career. Inconsistency is his kryptonite, he must beat it first.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
              Just one game will not ensure him to have a contract extension, every other NBA player have a night as such in his career. Inconsistency is his kryptonite, he must beat it first.
              Hes been solid for month and highly overperformed for his contract. He won his 5th game for the sixers by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                Hes been solid for month and highly overperformed for his contract. He won his 5th game for the sixers by himself.
                I don't follow the Sixers that much but if Furkan won 5 of 32 victories for them by himself he needs a max contract instantly.

But fun aside, do they use him exclusively as a spot up shooter or something else in their rotation? I am pretty sure he will have a solid career, the most challenging steps have been taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                  I don't follow the Sixers that much but if Furkan won 5 of 32 victories for them by himself he needs a max contract instantly.

But fun aside, do they use him exclusively as a spot up shooter or something else in their rotation? I am pretty sure he will have a solid career, the most challenging steps have been taken.
                  Well mostly he shoots because he is still too thin for producing around the rim with 92KG and 201cm needs 5 kg more but he is on the way. You can see him handle the ball and drive inside with hand offs from Al Horford with a tear drop, he slashes to the rim seldom or he takes midrange jumper.

Have a look yourself.

Comment

I watched this highlights that's why I am asking. I saw him twice vs Denver where he just shot from outside. It's logical and a good move from their coaching staff because it's his best weapon and he is a good shooter. I remember in World Cup prep games he tried to handle a little and he was creating nicely for himself but more because he is a really good shooter also under pressure than because of his handles. He is a really good guy and you gotta love him. I hope he is not too nice. I have the impression for him since his youth days. Killer instinct is very important over there. But anyways, always happy when one of "our" Euros is showing them to dance over there.

Comment

I watched this highlights that's why I am asking. I saw him twice vs Denver where he just shot from outside. It's logical and a good move from their coaching staff because it's his best weapon and he is a good shooter. I remember in World Cup prep games he tried to handle a little and he was creating nicely for himself but more because he is a really good shooter also under pressure than because of his handles. He is a really good guy and you gotta love him. I hope he is not too nice. I have the impression for him since his youth days. Killer instinct is very important over there. But anyways, always happy when one of "our" Euros is showing them to dance over there.
                      Well as I said mostly shooter in the nba but he has the upside to be a good all around scorer but what makes me more happy is his defense the last games.

Comment

Second 30+ pts game in a row by Furkan

Comment

Originally posted by freestyler34 View Post
                          Second 30+ pts game in a row by Furkan

I guess he felt the urgency to show up after the latest trades .
                          what a great timing it is, though. Well done, my boy.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Fear the Furk. Great form. Finally unleashed.

Comment

Fear the Furk. Great form. Finally unleashed.
                              We are all happy for him but he is not ready for break out. He was 79 KG when he came to the nba and was not playable, last season then after some injuries he played few good games but he was again off most of the time. Then he broke his foot in a G-League game and coulnt train for 5 month. After the trade deadline last season his option for one more rookie year was not used due to cap space.

He was about to sign with an European team but he signed in Philly again because Butler was gone, Belinelli was gone and the team needed shooter.

At the start of the season he was 91 KG and played horrible defense. I mean really horrible. He never did it in Turkey. In time he got stronger but is still 2 seasons away from his ideal weight.

He is not explosive and not very fast. I think he can get a bit faster but this is not enough for a star spot normally but his offensive arsenal (floater, passing fakes and layups and dunks etc) will close this lack to a certain degree. In best case scenario hell become a 20+ scorer with average defense and can be the third best player of a contender.

Finally his teammates and coaching stuff trust him and he pays it back. Sixers dont look good though.

Comment

If he becomes a 20+ scorer he is a legitimate All Star candidate even he closes his eyes and sits on the floor on every posession in defense, that's NBA.

For his age he is doing well. Especially because he is in a team that has at least some ambition which is even more difficult usually. He fought through a difficult period which also shows mental strength. Many gave up in similar situations with similar talent. I have a very good feeling about his future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information