Furkan Korkmaz Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okanial View Post
    Im dissapointed by Furkan. Even returning to Turkey was better than 6ers.
    It seems 76ers fans are even more disappointed Reading their reactions on twitter is fun.

Last edited by Tevfik1907; 07-24-2019, 07:19 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Dont get carried away. A part of the fanbase will hate on him, others see potential etc. Even Lebron has haters. It was indeed a not expected move but with the sixers bench he should be able to get playtime. Its his turn right now.

Comment

Considering that he is pretty trash, he should be happy that he got offered a new deal at all

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
          Considering that he is pretty trash, he should be happy that he got offered a new deal at all
          How was it with showing some respect?

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Dont get carried away. A part of the fanbase will hate on him, others see potential etc. Even Lebron has haters. It was indeed a not expected move but with the sixers bench he should be able to get playtime. Its his turn right now.
            The reactions towards the 76ers management was interesting, of course this is a good chance for Furkan and not only 1 year, 2 years deal is the best he can get. I hope he improves like Cedi did.
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              How was it with showing some respect?
              He is not a kid anymore.

Furkan Korkmaz is, unfortunately, a sad story. Noone to blame but himself for the position that he has found himself in. From a highly touted prospect (which I had a lot of doubts about), he is now a guy who is 22 years old and has practically no experience in playing the game versus professional players. He was drafted on his shooting upside alone and to a certain extent athletic potential.

He left for NBA at a wrong time in his career. He has also made bad choices as a junior, and not playing. He has probably played less high-level basketball than me and you He is 22 years old. It doesn't get much better for European players in NBA after such starts. There are not many or any crazy stories of G-League European players making it big in NBA. He should've come back to Europe and gone for either a high level Eurocup team or lower level EL team to give him a 25min/game role and a lot of room to make it or break it.

His NBA status and junior achievements will always land him a job somewhere, but in terms of being a serious player in NBA, that dude is done. It also might be too late for him to make it in Europe as well.

PS. I think that Batin Tuna has a similar profile to him. Is he playing in the U16 European Champs this summer?
              Last edited by CoachZ; 07-24-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Furkan Korkmaz is, unfortunately, a sad story. Noone to blame but himself for the position that he has found himself in. From a highly touted prospect (which I had a lot of doubts about), he is now a guy who is 22 years old and has practically no experience in playing the game versus professional players. He was drafted on his shooting upside alone and to a certain extent athletic potential.

He left for NBA at a wrong time in his career. He has also made bad choices as a junior, and not playing. He has probably played less high-level basketball than me and you He is 22 years old. It doesn't get much better for European players in NBA after such starts. There are not many or any crazy stories of G-League European players making it big in NBA. He should've come back to Europe and gone for either a high level Eurocup team or lower level EL team to give him a 25min/game role and a lot of room to make it or break it.

His NBA status and junior achievements will always land him a job somewhere, but in terms of being a serious player in NBA, that dude is done. It also might be too late for him to make it in Europe as well.
                I agree with some parts... He went too early to the nba and to a team growing team. He was just 79 kg back then and it was clear that he wont be able to contribute. The best time was to go immediately after got drafted since Simmons had his severe jones fracture. Dude had bad luck and chose the wrong path but he also had a good year with Banvit. And nowadays 22 is not very old. I consider the following year as crucial. He is a wing who the whole nba looks for. Can shoot, great ball handler for his size, his versatility in the offense is immense but he isnt a leader type player and is sometimes not available for 10 minutes in a game. And Defense was a big issue and probably still is. If he doesnt make his break through next season we will be pretty on the same page but I am still very confident.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                  It seems 76ers fans are even more disappointed Reading their reactions on twitter is fun.

https://twitter.com/furkannation
                  realgm forums on the other hand has an opposite view. They've been mostly happy with him, and they're now ok to see him back.

Korkmaz is a player CoachZ and janketa jointly underrates since he was like 16. He won't make it very high, but I think he'll turn out ok. I was partially disappointed with his lack of mental toughness last year when he was given significant minutes. but then he had a few great games too.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Korkmaz is most likely the turkish player with the highest ceiling of all time including Hedo and Memo. His biggest problem is his mental toughness. He was always too frightened to take the challenge for minutes. Having the potential to be an allstar doesnt mean that you reach that level but he turned 22 yesterday. As I said next season is crucial.

Comment

Nobody get’s to call Furkan trash in my presence, lol!
                      He turned 22 literally yesterday, calm your a**. He’s still young as ever, but his injuries just sabotaged his progress. However, I think it’s clear that he has more talent in his pinky finger than players like Guduric in their entire body, lol. But let me guess, you’re one of those delusional zvezda fans who think Guduric will actually make it in the Nba arent you . Oh silly Göksenin, you can’t live without provoking Turks can you.
                      Furkan will shut you up soon enough, just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                        Nobody get’s to call Furkan trash in my presence, lol!
                        He turned 22 literally yesterday, calm your a**. He’s still young as ever, but his injuries just sabotaged his progress. However, I think it’s clear that he has more talent in his pinky finger than players like Guduric in their entire body, lol. But let me guess, you’re one of those delusional Zvezda fans who think Guduric will actually make it in the Nba arent you . Oh silly Göksenin, you can’t live without provoking Turks can you.
                        Furkan will shut you up soon enough, just wait.
                        It's OK Furkan, go hit the gym instead of arguing on forums. Also, try a local thrift store, maybe you can find some balls there along the way

Dude, Furkan has accomplished nothing and he is 22 years old.

Regarding Guduric It's funny how again you make projections in your head and invent things I have never said. Since, you started with that topic, Guduric can fail completely in NBA and that would change nothing, he is already a more accomplished player in every single aspect of basketball compared to Furkan Korkmaz. The "Eternal Talent" which never delivers...

Comment

It's OK Furkan, go hit the gym instead of arguing on forums. Also, try a local thrift store, maybe you can find some balls there along the way

Regarding Guduric It's funny how again you make projections in your head and invent things I have never said. Since, you started with that topic, Guduric can fail completely in NBA and that would change nothing, he is already a more accomplished player in every single aspect of basketball compared to Furkan Korkmaz. The "Eternal Talent" which never delivers...
                          What did Guduric accomplish exactly?

Comment

You act as if I was the one calling your favorite serbian prospect trash under a thread dedicated to him, lmao .
                            How do you think it looks from my side when I come here after Furky’s contract and see you here calling him trash .
                            Are you really the one telling me to use my time more fuitfully? Do you understand how ironic that is Göksenin?
                            Your complex could fill up the grand canyon, that’s the kind of impression you give here anyway.

The Truth is Furkan is young and full of talent, I have followed him long enough to be aware of this. He has delivered more than enough, if Guduric at 24 had handful of hard impact in some useless euroleague hames with 15 points, Furkan already achieved this in the Nba. Even after the injury, lack of playtime and physical shortcomings he came in the Fiba qualifier windows, avaraged 20 points on crazy efficiency like a boss and left, whereas your nba guys were still losing to depleted rosters, if I can remember correct . if Cedi can make it in the NBA then there is absolutely nothing that could stop Furkan from doing so either. Everything you say would only be correct if we were talking about a 25 year old, no, we’re talking about a 21 year (he was 21 this season, that he turned 22 yesterday is more relevant for the coming season). I guess it makes you upset, but you’re gonna have to learn how to live with it. By the way, werent you the guy who called 25 year old useless G league player Mitrou-long a prospect for Zvezda lol?

As for Guduric, he was a starter for a top Euroleague contender, however this was the very reason that team eventually ended up imploding like a banana team. You can’t have a guard rotation with sloukas and guduric as starters lol, it’s just a joke when you compare it to Real and Cska. Guduric is at best a bench player for a good team, or a starter for a trash one that competes for the 8-12th places and takes satisfaction out of winning a couple big home games here and there... like Zvezda . Basically what I’m trying to say is that he is trash, and unless achieving for your opponent by sucking is an achievement (he did help Efes alot by being useless in the F4 and Turkish league finals) then he has also achieved NOTHING. My projections were based on the ridiculous things I heard some other Zvezda fans say regarding Guduric, I didnt claim you agreed with them but based on your answer it look I was close. Your double standards, complexes and general ignorant attitude has been exposed again quite beautifully :P. Don’t forget to stick around in Furkans thread though, if you have taken an interest in him I’m sure you’ll enjoy his upcoming season :-), maybe I’ll even invite you to a youtube chat group I’m in where we follow Turkish (and Greek) prospects... We can watch his games together then .

Comment

Furkan Korkmaz is, unfortunately, a sad story. Noone to blame but himself for the position that he has found himself in. From a highly touted prospect (which I had a lot of doubts about), he is now a guy who is 22 years old and has practically no experience in playing the game versus professional players.
                              Sounds like Suacan Piskin except for the part about being 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                                Sounds like Suacan Piskin except for the part about being 22.
                                I'm quite sure he has no idea how big a celebrity he is over an obscure community. Reminds me of the very interesting story of Sixto Rodriguez.

While searching his name on the web, I came across an incredulous blog post from 2013 in which the author is saying "When I head Suacan was going to be signed by Galatasaray, I dismissed it as a joke... I personally know Suacan since 2003. He is not a player to find a spot on a 2nd league roster, let alone being training body in the BSL. Not with lack of his physical attributes, his basketball skills or IQ. I am not trying to bash him, but I could not not have written this piece, with my sense of betrayal haunting me." (loose translation).
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information