Furkan Korkmaz Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
    If he becomes a 20+ scorer he is a legitimate All Star candidate even he closes his eyes and sits on the floor on every posession in defense, that's NBA.

For his age he is doing well. Especially because he is in a team that has at least some ambition which is even more difficult usually. He fought through a difficult period which also shows mental strength. Many gave up in similar situations with similar talent. I have a very good feeling about his future.
    Yea thats what i love about him, hardworking humble kid not a cocky show off .

Comment

Furkboy found his rhythm again but more importantly he has been playing great defense lately. He always showed that he has a good instinct stealing the ball but his overall defense is also good. Doc also let him work with the ball and create for himself. Looks very mobile but has to gain a bit more weight to absorb contact better.

Comment

according to ESPN (through fivethirtyeight.com), the most comparable player to him performance-wise is Reggie Miller of 1989.

FiveThirtyEight’s NBA player projection system identifies similar players throughout NBA history to determine what a current NBA player’s future might look like.

5-year market value is estimated at $74m. Wow. considering he's making only $1.76m now (last year of his contract).

PS. i agree he's improved a lot on the defensive end, and this makes it worth watching him this year. He was pissing me off earlier with his lack of ambition, now the picture looks the opposite.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Furkan re-signed with 76ers for $15m/3 years.

that's like peanuts. I'd expected him to sign for more. anyway, good luck to him.

Comment

Why Korkmaz role is continously shrinking? He hasn't played bad at all. I understand that Curry is playing above his limits at the moment but I really don't think that he deserves that treatment.

He should look for a trade if this doesn't change until February. There are several teams where he could have a lot more impact, not to mention playing time. In last 6 games he had not one 20+ min game. He looks like a very polite, silent, good educated child - but he should speak up immediately if he wants a proper role in NBA. The first thing that was a scandal is his contract. The second thing is his role this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
              Why Korkmaz role is continously shrinking? He hasn't played bad at all. I understand that Curry is playing above his limits at the moment but I really don't think that he deserves that treatment.

He should look for a trade if this doesn't change until February. There are several teams where he could have a lot more impact, not to mention playing time. In last 6 games he had not one 20+ min game. He looks like a very polite, silent, good educated child - but he should speak up immediately if he wants a proper role in NBA. The first thing that was a scandal is his contract. The second thing is his role this season.
              They say he was rejected by a 35 year old artist and this is the reason but I dont know if its true hahahahah

Comment

With this contract his trade value is gigantic in my opinion in a single trade. That's the positive thing about the situation but it's really a little strange how Philly is behaving, it's not like it is his first season and that he's a no brainer. I am really disturbed by this treatment. Question is if he wants to move out of a comfort zone. But he has to. Because a better role should be an imperative for him - in my opinion from this season, not from next.

Comment

I don't understand Furkan. He apparently got stronger in the summer and was much more effective driving to the rim this year. I thought he finally got it. Then he disappeared again.

Comment

Unbelievable how lucky Furk is. He got rid of Seth Curry and got Harden who is going to create for others so there are no shooters in this team. Furk doesnt need to play with the ball so often and gets his shots created by Harden. This is another big chance to grow his role in this team.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information