Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Furkan Korkmaz Thread

Second 30+ pts game in a row by Furkan

Quote Originally Posted by freestyler34 View Post
    Second 30+ pts game in a row by Furkan

I guess he felt the urgency to show up after the latest trades .
    what a great timing it is, though. Well done, my boy.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Fear the Furk. Great form. Finally unleashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Fear the Furk. Great form. Finally unleashed.
    We are all happy for him but he is not ready for break out. He was 79 KG when he came to the nba and was not playable, last season then after some injuries he played few good games but he was again off most of the time. Then he broke his foot in a G-League game and coulnt train for 5 month. After the trade deadline last season his option for one more rookie year was not used due to cap space.

He was about to sign with an European team but he signed in Philly again because Butler was gone, Belinelli was gone and the team needed shooter.

At the start of the season he was 91 KG and played horrible defense. I mean really horrible. He never did it in Turkey. In time he got stronger but is still 2 seasons away from his ideal weight.

He is not explosive and not very fast. I think he can get a bit faster but this is not enough for a star spot normally but his offensive arsenal (floater, passing fakes and layups and dunks etc) will close this lack to a certain degree. In best case scenario hell become a 20+ scorer with average defense and can be the third best player of a contender.

Finally his teammates and coaching stuff trust him and he pays it back. Sixers dont look good though.

If he becomes a 20+ scorer he is a legitimate All Star candidate even he closes his eyes and sits on the floor on every posession in defense, that's NBA.

For his age he is doing well. Especially because he is in a team that has at least some ambition which is even more difficult usually. He fought through a difficult period which also shows mental strength. Many gave up in similar situations with similar talent. I have a very good feeling about his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    If he becomes a 20+ scorer he is a legitimate All Star candidate even he closes his eyes and sits on the floor on every posession in defense, that's NBA.

For his age he is doing well. Especially because he is in a team that has at least some ambition which is even more difficult usually. He fought through a difficult period which also shows mental strength. Many gave up in similar situations with similar talent. I have a very good feeling about his future.
    Yea thats what i love about him, hardworking humble kid not a cocky show off .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123