Panathinaikos 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
    how did denmon perform in friendly games?

i have told here to some pao fans that they can be relax, he is a very good player and i expect 10-12 ppg from him. what is your first impression?
    He had such a great performance in pre season games,but Pascuak didn't actually use him in our first two matches of the year for some reason.

Comment

Pana lost incredibly the greek cup semifinal, AEK managed to make the great surprise. So the first title which was won last year has already been missed.

It is clear that the team has problems, I don't understand why Dentmon is still there.

Comment

Just read this on the Euroleague site regarding the Panathinaikos-Olympiakos derby:

One of the fascinating things about this rivalry is how it is not territorial or political or tribal. Although Olympiacos is in Piraeus and Panathinaikos in Athens, fans of both are everywhere in the greater Greek capital, and beyond that, in the country as a whole and among the extensive Greek diaspora worldwide.

Is this true? I was led to believe on this forum that Panathinaikos are somewhat more middle class and Olympiakos somewhat more working class? Have I been misinformed?

Either way, looking forward to the derby later. The Euroleague needs more games like this.

Comment

Originally posted by trey from mars View Post
          Just read this on the Euroleague site regarding the Panathinaikos-Olympiakos derby:

One of the fascinating things about this rivalry is how it is not territorial or political or tribal. Although Olympiacos is in Piraeus and Panathinaikos in Athens, fans of both are everywhere in the greater Greek capital, and beyond that, in the country as a whole and among the extensive Greek diaspora worldwide.

Is this true? I was led to believe on this forum that Panathinaikos are somewhat more middle class and Olympiakos somewhat more working class? Have I been misinformed?

Either way, looking forward to the derby later. The Euroleague needs more games like this.
          these considerations about working class and middle class regard the origin of the two clubs and have little to do with the actual society. Both clubs have a lot of supporters in every social/financial level, Oly is slightly more popular but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
            these considerations about working class and middle class regard the origin of the two clubs and have little to do with the actual society. Both clubs have a lot of supporters in every social/financial level, Oly is slightly more popular but that's all.

Understood, thank you. As in Turkey (and probably many other countries) the original fanbase of each team has diversified over time. Not every Galatasaray fan is degree educated, not every Besiktas fan is working class etc etc.

Comment

now is the big time time for panathinaikos. we could have been in 4-2 by now,but 3-3 is ok with that schedule so far. but it doesnt get any easier for this and next week. we play with khimki (in),efes(out) and then real(in). OAKA should be protected by all costs and we can finish with a 15-0 or 14-1,so both victories must be secured. if we win these 3 matches,then i think we can finish the first round in the first 3 spots and be serious contenders for the home court advantage,cause the last 6 games of the first round are against all those teams that will not be in the quarterfinals imo.
              and the game against khimki comes at the right time with team coming from a good away victory against olympiakos and khimki without gill that could be very dangerous against our tall guys that have problems in the paint
              Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Singleton finished the first half of the season with 26/53 3pts (excellent, 49%) and 14/48 2pts (infamous, 29%).

What a strange player, I doubt there is a similar case in the whole basket story. Perhaps sometimes it can happen that guards who are not able to penetrate have better 3pt than 2pt shot stats.

But he is not a guard!

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                  Singleton finished the first half of the season with 26/53 3pts (excellent, 49%) and 14/48 2pts (infamous, 29%).

What a strange player, I doubt there is a similar case in the whole basket story. Perhaps sometimes it can happen that guards who are not able to penetrate have better 3pt than 2pt shot stats.

But he is not a guard!
                  It happens sometimes. Kevin Love during the 2016 championship playoff run shot 46-111 ( 41%) from three and 46-128 (36%) from two. And he’s not a guard either.
                  Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                    It happens sometimes. Kevin Love during the 2016 championship playoff run shot 46-111 ( 41%) from three and 46-128 (36%) from two. And he’s not a guard either.
                    yes but the difference in Singleton's case is much more evident.

Comment

Playing exclusively as a stretch 4, he gets fewer chances for easy buckets from pnr, putbacks etc.
                      He's still doing poorly in the paint ofc but both numbers will look more reasonable by the end of the season.

Comment

giannakopoulos banned from getting in courts for 1 year from euroleague. so funny. he will be at OAKA at Thursday and he will be in belgrade as well,no matter what bertomeu decides
                        Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by saras View Post
                          giannakopoulos banned from getting in courts for 1 year from euroleague. so funny. he will be at OAKA at Thursday and he will be in belgrade as well,no matter what bertomeu decides
                          I hope Pao fans get into a fight with the security and the issue gets bigger and bigger
                          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                            I hope Pao fans get into a fight with the security and the issue gets bigger and bigger
                            what security are you talking about? the ones paid from giannakopoulos as security guards at OAKA? just wait 3 days and see if he goes or not. and who will be there to stop him from entering the court? bertomeu cant do shit about that,giannakopoulos will be in the f4 and if we manage to win the trophy he will be the one to get it from the clown's hands
                            Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

the only one that can prevent someone from entering the court is the political courts in every country. and as far as i know there is not a case against him in greece or other country waiting to attend,he will be at OAKA starting against baskonia,he will travel with the team if he wants in the next matches and he will be in belgade if panathinaikos qualifies for it
                              Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by saras View Post
                                what security are you talking about? the ones paid from giannakopoulos as security guards at OAKA? just wait 3 days and see if he goes or not. and who will be there to stop him from entering the court? bertomeu cant do shit about that,giannakopoulos will be in the f4 and if we manage to win the trophy he will be the one to get it from the clown's hands
                                Saras has the point. The game is organised and hosted by EL. PAO is responsible and pays for the security and I don't think security will stop Yannakopoulos.

The question is what sanction with EL apply if DG defies them. Anyway, he'll appeal and you can't convict unless the appeal takes place.

Anyway, the owner of the club is Manos Papadopoulos (officially). DG just provides financial support through sponsorship. GD is just a hot headed fan

Proof is here:

http://www.paobc.gr/page.ashx?pid=17&aid=3173&mid=78 and here http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2017

DG always one step ahead.
                                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information