Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anadolu Efes 2017-18

Default Anadolu Efes 2017-18

Efes is black hole that sucks good players and coaches for years
    Move complete Golden State roster to Efes and bring Obradovic result will be the same. QF because from season to season they have the same target, throw milions just to get to QF.
    The whole Turkish basketball had this loser's image because of Efes until Fener started to invest in basketball. GS made significant step last season too. Just Efes is that loser team and they will allways be losers until they merge with the real club. It's not point that Fener dominate next 10 or 30 years, we need stronger club to motivate in a way that we could be better.
    I don't attack Efes fans at all, because I was fan of Efes many years until Fener started to make steps toward international competitions. But it's a time that story ends.
    @Levenspiel, you can delete my post or make joke of me but you know I am right about this.

BTW, this is not off topic because I am talking about poor Perasovic that is beaten by local coach Sarica rather easily and who will be free agent soon knowing Efes management policy

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Efes is black hole that sucks good players and coaches for years
    Move complete Golden State roster to Efes and bring Obradovic result will be the same. QF because from season to season they have the same target, throw milions just to get to QF.
    The whole Turkish basketball had this loser's image because of Efes until Fener started to invest in basketball. GS made significant step last season too. Just Efes is that loser team and they will allways be losers until they merge with the real club. It's not point that Fener dominate next 10 or 30 years, we need stronger club to motivate in a way that we could be better.
    I don't attack Efes fans at all, because I was fan of Efes many years until Fener started to make steps toward international competitions. But it's a time that story ends.
    @Levenspiel, you can delete my post or make joke of me but you know I am right about this.

BTW, this is not off topic because I am talking about poor Perasovic that is beaten by local coach Sarica rather easily and who will be free agent soon knowing Efes management policy
    that is some auto-moderation there , but why would I delete it? I only completely disagree. Efes of the last decade, yes, not really proud it myself, but Efes as a club does not deserve this description.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

What Efes needs ;

- A basketball saloon for only them to use.
    - Choose a Turkish coach and raise a couple of talented Turkish players, not star type players since they can go to the NBA, hard worker type players such as Omer Onan and Turkcan.
    - Tuncay Ozilhan shouldn't interfere in any basketball management decision, I mean what was that against BJK in the game 3 ? Drawing your team from the court, are you a child ?
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

what efes needs is merging with beşiktaş.

but beşiktaş president rebecca wood wont accept it as he is against euroleague.
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Quote Originally Posted by iskoch View Post
    what efes needs is merging with beşiktaş.
    That wouldn't be ''what efes needs'' That would be only ''what bjk needs'' ...
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    That wouldn't be ''what efes needs'' That would be only ''what bjk needs'' ...
    no mate. beşiktaş would be just "fan sponsor" to efes.
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

I don't understand the complex fener fans have for Efes but also for Gala and BJK. They talk and know more about those teams then their own team. It's quite sad.

Sad

I now understand the big big hate from those teams to fener fans, I can understand it, who wouldn't become a hater when they talk like this about you

Banned

No one hates Efes.Most of the Fener fans are unhappy about Efes's disappoint seasons.They spend huge money but win nothing.Also They are changing the coach and players every year terrible chemistry.

15-20 years ago most of Turkish fans were proud of Efes.Thats why we still talk about and sometimes be angry.

If we talk about the complex for a team.There is a troll always talk about Fener.His butthurt still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    that is some auto-moderation there , but why would I delete it? I only completely disagree. Efes of the last decade, yes, not really proud it myself, but Efes as a club does not deserve this description.
    Completely disagree but you are not proud with last decade
    Does not make sense to me, sorry

Completely disagree but you are not proud with last decade
    Does not make sense to me, sorry
    I'm not really eloquent with language.

"The whole Turkish basketball had this loser's image because of Efes until Fener started to invest in basketball. GS made significant step last season too. Just Efes is that loser team and they will allways be losers until they merge with the real club."

I'm not proud of the last decade, but these statements are not time-bound, they are presented as eternal.

therefore I completely disagree, and I think the following instead:

"The whole Turkish basketball had believed in possibility of success because of Efes, and that paved the way for later investments, long before Fener started to invest in basketball. GS made significant step last season too. Efes is not a loser team and they will not always be losers regardless if they merge with the real club."

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I'm not really eloquent with language.

"The whole Turkish basketball had this loser's image because of Efes until Fener started to invest in basketball. GS made significant step last season too. Just Efes is that loser team and they will allways be losers until they merge with the real club."

I'm not proud of the last decade, but these statements are not time-bound, they are presented as eternal. therefore I completely disagree.
    Then you should quote what you disagree

As I see we agree that last 10 years are disaster for Efes and for Turkish basketball image. Point is that this wil continue and could only be worse and worse.
    I didn't say that Efes from time when we all were Efes sympathizers wasn't something worth and special. But now, this is living dead.

If you want that and like that just continue to throw milions.

sorry, I had edited the post in the meantime to clarify.

last year was not a disaster, but Efes needs to do major changes in strategy if it will ever become a contender. We can see they stick to the idea of roster stability at least. they will hopefully invest in the Turkish core that they have too. They are under no pressure for immediate success. As a sympathizer, I'd give them time as long as they do that, i.e., follow a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny7 View Post
    I don't understand the complex fener fans have for Efes but also for Gala and BJK. They talk and know more about those teams then their own team. It's quite sad.

Sad

I now understand the big big hate from those teams to fener fans, I can understand it, who wouldn't become a hater when they talk like this about you
    A troll like yourself being "sad" and talking about "complex"?
    U write more posts about Fenerbahçe, than your own "supposed" team.
    Writing Fenerbahçe with an "f" and Turkey with a "t"...
    You are more than pathetic.

On Efes...Efes is not loser at all.
    They just do not have the focus.
    Neither they do have the need to build.
    It is coming from the bratty behavior of the owner.
    It is not Efes's fault.

Sadly, when Efes started to spend money, fener merged with Ulker and Besiktas also invested. And there is this pathetic understanding in Turkey that you should support Fb, Gs or Bjk no matter what evennifb you're not from istanbul you've never been there or you never watch a game from them. Because ofnthis Efes lost all his fanbase. Success doesnt come without a fanbase since your homecourt is not homecourt.

But Efes shouldn't merge with any club. There shouldn't be monopoly of those 3 istanbul club in every sport. I'm sure if eczacibasi or vakifbank hone bad in a few years people would say merge with one of them. What Efes needs is to accept failiure for a few years and bring together a core of youngsters.

Perasovic needs to go. Huertel and honeycutt also needs to go. I don't have a problem with the rest but other than Dunston none of the foreigners are important for me. I'd like to get Ataman as the coach actually only if he is up to a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    A troll like yourself being "sad" and talking about "complex"?
    U write more posts about Fenerbahçe, than your own "supposed" team.
    So true.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    Sadly, when Efes started to spend money, fener merged with Ulker and Besiktas also invested. And there is this pathetic understanding in Turkey that you should support Fb, Gs or Bjk no matter what evennifb you're not from istanbul you've never been there or you never watch a game from them. Because ofnthis Efes lost all his fanbase. Success doesnt come without a fanbase since your homecourt is not homecourt.

But Efes shouldn't merge with any club. There shouldn't be monopoly of those 3 istanbul club in every sport. I'm sure if eczacibasi or vakifbank hone bad in a few years people would say merge with one of them. What Efes needs is to accept failiure for a few years and bring together a core of youngsters.

Perasovic needs to go. Huertel and honeycutt also needs to go. I don't have a problem with the rest but other than Dunston none of the foreigners are important for me. I'd like to get Ataman as the coach actually only if he is up to a rebuild.
    Perasovic is good coach but problem with him is that he will always be just a good coach. He will never be the best and he will never win EL except if Real Barca or CSKA make 50 milion team and call him to sit on the bench.
    But, Efes maybe needs exactly such coach because targets are very modest. I thought that Perasovic will bring from Laboral wisdom in market decisions, but seems that Laboral roster that almost made EL final game wasn't upon his decisions but someone there who is much more clever then him. He doesn't have that kind of support in Efes and never will.
    Perasovic is top Eurocup level coach and maybe the best for all is that Efes give up licence and try to win Eurocup for the start.

One question for all...
    Did anybody saw smile on the face of any Efes player this season?
    Brown, Honeycatt, Thomas looks like robots during game but they don't play like robots, far from that, mistakes are their second name

12 out of 17 replies in this topic are fener fans with complex.

Haha so sad
    Good luck to Efes!

johnny, are you a professional clown or doing it as a hobby?
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

...and maybe the best for all is that Efes give up licence and try to win Eurocup for the start.
    or maybe field the following team in EL, and do not give a damn despite ending up with a 2-28 season (more likely to be around 10-20):

Wilbekin, Balbay
    Korkmaz, Mutaf, Taskiran, Bitim
    Osman, Ulubay
    Brown, Arar, Demir
    Dunston, Kirk, Guven

Not gonna happen. but I'd buy season ticket for Efes if they did, even if I cannot actually go there.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast