Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    l watched the last game played by Estudiantes, they lost to AEK.

Landesberg has talent, but how lazy is this man on court! He doesn't like to follow anyone concerning individual defence, his attacking game is controversial too, he scores because of his talent but quite often he has not the patience to seek for the best solution.

Perhaps he can't be considered an El played even for 5 minutes a game.
    guess what ! all shooters in mta has less chances compared with they career somewhere else. u should finally consider mta is not home's shooters

Comment

• last on him. we didint have so many stars in mta when he wearyelow.do u want list of players who played more min than him? ok, if we were fener or cska or real i could easier understand why he played few min, but mta was lately full of mediocre players ,come on

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
        i consider pini one of worst eu coach . one who was loosing finals at home,lossing game with zalgiris in tel avivi having niki baston parket saras . ti seems a comedy! is better saying he lost that game since . if u are 0.2 sec ,opponents +3 and 2 ft.
        also,during 2004 2005 ages, he lost many matches during years with a team that had to win everywere easily like cska this year of fener last year
        As I said, never confuse this guy with facts... Consider whatever you want, Derek Shark made this shot. Maccabi continued to stellar final four including smashing Bologna in final. Next year they were even better.
        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
          As I said, never confuse this guy with facts... Consider whatever you want, Derek Shark made this shot. Maccabi continued to stellar final four including smashing Bologna in final. Next year they were even better.
          well, it was a fantastic and complete team, Parker, Baston and all the rest. I don't consider Gerson a great coach, in Greece he failed miserably. But obviously I would never say that he was the worst, there is an abyss between the two expressions. But we have to understand old robots, they don't always have the right perception of things.

Maccabi's last three games concerning opponents' 3pt percentages: 15/31, 14/28, 14/25. 2 losses as a consequence.

There is a clear defensive problem which has to be solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
            well, it was a fantastic and complete team, Parker, Baston and all the rest. I don't consider Gerson a great coach, in Greece he failed miserably. But obviously I would never say that he was the worst, there is an abyss between the two expressions. But we have to understand old robots, they don't always have the right perception of things.

Maccabi's last three games concerning opponents' 3pt percentages: 15/31, 14/28, 14/25. 2 losses as a consequence.

There is a clear defensive problem which has to be solved.
            this is an historical stats.opponents attempt and score from the arch more than usual. we dont considert the arch. we just care of the paint.easy to get. its a mta mark. even an ex yu coach had to fatally accept it

Comment

this is an historical stats.opponents attempt and score from the arch more than usual. we dont considert the arch. we just care of the paint.easy to get. its a mta mark. even an ex yu coach had to fatally accept it
              Have to give credit to you here, you said all way long that team that put less emphasize on 3 on one side, consider less on the other, actually you were right here. Maccabi defence on the arc is something that needs to improve o lot.

Comment

• Main issue is coming to help when it's not necessary. Dibartholomeo, who is a good one on one defender even in Euroleague levels, lacks a lot in this regard - he comes to help down low a lot, even when the player with the ball is guarded (or even double-teamed by two other guys!), and leaves his player open. Bolden also lacks in this. Not only them, but with them it's he worst.

Doesn't have anything to do with shooting on the other side. If his concept was correct, he should have expected Landersberg to be the greatest defender on Earth...

Comment

guess what ! all shooters in mta has less chances compared with they career somewhere else. u should finally consider mta is not home's shooters
                  Is that why he's lazy?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMirror View Post
                    Main issue is coming to help when it's not necessary. Dibartholomeo, who is a good one on one defender even in Euroleague levels, lacks a lot in this regard - he comes to help down low a lot, even when the player with the ball is guarded (or even double-teamed by two other guys!), and leaves his player open. Bolden also lacks in this. Not only them, but with them it's he worst.

Doesn't have anything to do with shooting on the other side. If his concept was correct, he should have expected Landersberg to be the greatest defender on Earth...
                    Ok, but I still don't understand why the players put some much emphasis on the inside defence and leave the shooters open. I mean , what is their thought process behind it?

Comment

Main issue is coming to help when it's not necessary. Dibartholomeo, who is a good one on one defender even in Euroleague levels, lacks a lot in this regard - he comes to help down low a lot, even when the player with the ball is guarded (or even double-teamed by two other guys!), and leaves his player open. Bolden also lacks in this. Not only them, but with them it's he worst.

nope. u are writing of single players misconsidering system.
                      if u coach a team just considering the paint , your offensive and defensive option from the arch will suffer it for sure. coaching every day talking to your players of pushing ,transition, penetrate, running, automatically condition view of the cortu by all your players.
                      soccer: if a coach just talk of transition and organize team for transition how could a team play tiki taka? players wil always play vertically.
                      to coach is an hard daily job. if u always ask for something misconsidering the arch, u will not have player ready to well understand which moviment u must play covering the arch as they will not play moving ball for shooters.again we are worst team as 3 p attempt, percent and 3p suffer. it cant be something by chance but is easy to see on court during matches

Comment

• Originally posted by Toja27 View Post
                        Ok, but I still don't understand why the players put some much emphasis on the inside defence and leave the shooters open. I mean , what is their thought process behind it?
                        that's why I would like to see the team playing with a real C with excellent rebounding and stopping abilities. Perhaps defensive choices would improve globally, the team could play much more individual defence without trying to close the paint at all costs.

But is seems that it won't happen this year.

Comment

nope. u are writing of single players misconsidering system.
                          if u coach a team just considering the paint , your offensive and defensive option from the arch will suffer it for sure. coaching every day talking to your players of pushing ,transition, penetrate, running, automatically condition view of the cortu by all your players.
                          soccer: if a coach just talk of transition and organize team for transition how could a team play tiki taka? players wil always play vertically.
                          to coach is an hard daily job. if u always ask for something misconsidering the arch, u will not have player ready to well understand which moviment u must play covering the arch as they will not play moving ball for shooters.again we are worst team as 3 p attempt, percent and 3p suffer. it cant be something by chance but is easy to see on court during matches
                          Show me the stats of 3 points conceded in the Euroleague, not only for Maccabi, and preferably for several years and not just one season. Where do you get those stats? then we can draw some correlation. Otherwise, it's entirely coincidental.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toja27 View Post
                            I think it's part habit, part instinctive feeling that Maccabi's inside guys need help against stronger and taller guys (that in itself is not an unjustified feeling; but the guards and SFs have to be smarter, and know that there are situations where you don't leave your player no matter what).

Comment

there are situations where you don't leave your player no matter what).
                              this is exactly what I expect to see but I'm afraid it won't happen.

Comment

Show me the stats of 3 points conceded in the Euroleague, not only for Maccabi, and preferably for several years and not just one season. Where do you get those stats? then we can draw some correlation. Otherwise, it's entirely coincidental.
                                ok well
                                about 3p attempt,/per game,i made a study from 2005 till last year. we are 59th on (if i well remember) 74 teams who partecipated el but all 15 teams who attempt less , where minor or rookie team.i wrote exact stats in some post.
                                about 3p conceded the study would be almost impossibile . there arent aggregate stats about it but i weekly consider this point (differently than u i guess)since long time and we suffer 3p more than other teams. also, almost every team attempt and get 3p more than their av stats .teams have higher att and percent vs us.
                                since a year is the results of weekly event and decade is the result of annual result, this stat simply came out pay attemption to weekly results. u should start consider this point and u'll be surprised since it sound u think our system consider the arch the same as other teams!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information