Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    6000 annual subscriptions have already been sold by the team.

So the supporters still show their faith. No one expected such a number at this point of the preseason.
    as i always wrote a licence by bartomeu and fans, are main reasons of our mediocre bduget. why should they spend more if fans are always there and euroleague confirm us in el even if we dont win il league?

6000 annual subscriptions have already been sold by the team.

So the supporters still show their faith. No one expected such a number at this point of the preseason.
    That is, of course, if you believe them.
    I know some people who were season ticket holders (I am not) who didn't renew this year. They received SMSs from the team asking them, again, to renew, with another reduction in price (after an average 10% reduction that already happened).

At least they renewed the $1.5M sponsorship contract with FOX. They were in danger of losing that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    as i always wrote a licence by bartomeu and fans, are main reasons of our mediocre bduget. why should they spend more if fans are always there and euroleague confirm us in el even if we dont win il league?
    And why should they invest more and lose their personal money? do they owe you anything?
    The problem is not the budget. Many teams would dream of a $20-25M budget.
    The problem is that they put the money in hands that waste it. It's not the amount of money, it's what you do with it and whether you spend it efficiently.

I don't expect management to lose their pants for me. I expect them to put their money in capable professional hands that would use it wisely, and not insist on proven failures like the troyka of Even-Vujcic-Danny Federman.

by the way I don't like at all Davin Smith's behavior.

He is permanently injured and he can't play more than 15-20 mins only in euroleague, Rudd says that next year he will play even less minutes. Yet he pretends the entire amount of money of his contract, he never showed willingness to renegotiate it.

I hope the team finds the way to give him a kick and free the team from such a useless weight.
    Last edited by ronmercer80; 07-17-2017 at 06:12 PM.

He is permanently injured and he can't play more than 15-20 mins only in euroleague, Rudd says that next year he will play even less minutes. Yet he pretends the entire amount of money of his contract, he never showed willing to renegotiate it.

I hope the team finds a way to give him a kick and free the team from such a useless weight.
    I'm sure you would behave differently were you in his shoes.
    In business you have contracts.

He is permanently injured and he can't play more than 15-20 mins only in euroleague, Rudd says that next year he will play even less minutes. Yet he pretends the entire amount of money of his contract, he never showed willingness to renegotiate it.

I hope the team finds the way to give him a kick and free the team from such a useless weight.
    if he has a clear contract, a contract is a right .why should he refuse money ? owners were crazy extending his contract years ago. now the have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    Thnks to you, as well.
    I've just see the twitt.

Official, 3 seasons, NBA opt.
    https://twitter.com/MaccabitlvBC/sta...66850425446401
    surely an important add but not enough.our frwd pos is fragile ,jackson is not a player we can really count on. dibartolomeo roll and boldan are anyway a big improvement.

surely an important add but not enough.our frwd pos is fragile ,jackson is not a player we can really count on. dibartolomeo roll and boldan are anyway a big improvement.
    Looke like, that 2 more adds will be:
    Combo Guard and "Swingman".
    The first one will be high level and the second will be with more defensive skill.

Unless, out of the blue, MTA will find Center, that's will be all

More or less, the roster will be:

PG: Jackson, Combo
    SG: Combo, Roll, Diba, Swing
    SF: Swing, Roll, Thomas, Mashur, Zoosman
    PF: Bolden, Mashur, Thomas, Cohen
    C: Tyus, Bolden, Segev
    Last edited by Roy M; 07-21-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

The first one will be high level and the second will be with more defensive skill.

Bolden cannot play center under ANY circumstance. He is a SF/PF mix that is probably a good stretch PF for the modern game but even in PF spot he will get killed by guys who can play in the low post. He is a wing player after all, no way he can take any minutes under C.

I think Maccabi can roll with Tyus, Segev there.

what about Miller and Rudd?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    what about Miller and Rudd?
    Both are out
    2019/2020:

What about Sylven Landesberg? Is he going to sign a different Israeli team?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by [M-120] View Post
    What about Sylven Landesberg? Is he going to sign a different Israeli team?
    I guess he is trying to find european club before thinking about israeli teams.

But i think there is no market for him at euroleague/eurocup level atm, teams now focus on building their main core not in the 9-12 rotation players.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Bolden cannot play center under ANY circumstance. He is a SF/PF mix that is probably a good stretch PF for the modern game but even in PF spot he will get killed by guys who can play in the low post. He is a wing player after all, no way he can take any minutes under C.

I think Maccabi can roll with Tyus, Segev there.
    I agree.

There almost no heavy minutes of post plays in the modern basketball.

Positionless basketball with 5 guards/forwards is the target, and maccabi on paper is on the right durection.

No glorified names this year but looks like someone atleast TRYING to THINK how all the pieces comes together

this is a good team. finally ,as all eu teams, we have all players able to shoot (except tyus). probably this is a playoffs team, around 7-8th position but the real dimention will be decided by jackson. if he will score around 15-17 av so we will became an important team.with gould we could even have chance to get 4th place. they preferred save money .

this is a good team. finally ,as all eu teams, we have all players able to shoot (except tyus). probably this is a playoffs team, around 7-8th position but the real dimention will be decided by jackson. if he will score around 15-17 av so we will became an important team.with gould we could even have chance to get 4th place. they preferred save money .
    Are you serious? 7-8th place? Sorry, not happening. Thomas and Jackson ruined pretty decent roster. Well, I like Tyus, Roll, maybe DiBartolameo, but Bolden is too young for that big of a role. Swing won't fix the problem, that there will not be second center, good PG (like real PG, that can control the pace and play PnR and PnP). Even Brose rebuilded better team than you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    Are you serious? 7-8th place? Sorry, not happening. Thomas and Jackson ruined pretty decent roster. Well, I like Tyus, Roll, maybe DiBartolameo, but Bolden is too young for that big of a role. Swing won't fix the problem, that there will not be second center, good PG (like real PG, that can control the pace and play PnR and PnP). Even Brose rebuilded better team than you guys.
    Maccabi still miss 2 guards, one of them will be nice addition
    2019/2020:

Maccabi's roster is not a top-8 material, Imo.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Maccabi's roster is not a top-8 material, Imo.
    Not yet, no doubt.
    But with Walters and Patterson (when and if...), maybe after the off-season a Center, it will be much better
    2019/2020:

I'm in shock!

I was expecting to finally agree with Maccabeo in the pre season, but I guess it won't happen this year either.
    In my opinion, Maccabi suffered a great financial damage last season and this year they trying to win back some ot the money. It feels (I don't have the actual numbers) that current budget is way way way lower than last season, I'm speaking about 30-40-50 percent lower at current point of time.

I feel like Maccabi do not even try to compete in EL level, and just builds a strong squad for the Israeli league by occupieng proven Israeli league players such as Tyus, Bortolomeo, Mashur, Cohen, all of them are proven on domestic level and all of them can play as Israelis (Sadly this season the amount of players in the Golden state warriors that speak hebrew as the first language will be the same as in Maccabi).

On EL level, I do not believe in this team, and it would be a tremendous surprise to see them in TOP 8. Most of the foriegn players are not EL level, while in the previous years we get used to see players chossing Maccabi over tier-3 teams in EL, this year it feels like most of the squad could have landed in a different Israeli team (Which have like 10-20% of Maccabi budget).

If this is the final squad I think Maccabi would be 12-16, to compete for the 8 spot they need two more high class players, another high quality guard and a big man.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast