Both are out
    2022/2023:
    PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
    SG: Baldwin, Hollins
    SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
    PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
    PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

What about Sylven Landesberg? Is he going to sign a different Israeli team?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
      Intercontinental Cup - 1980
      Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
        What about Sylven Landesberg? Is he going to sign a different Israeli team?
        I guess he is trying to find european club before thinking about israeli teams.

But i think there is no market for him at euroleague/eurocup level atm, teams now focus on building their main core not in the 9-12 rotation players.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
          Bolden cannot play center under ANY circumstance. He is a SF/PF mix that is probably a good stretch PF for the modern game but even in PF spot he will get killed by guys who can play in the low post. He is a wing player after all, no way he can take any minutes under C.

I think Maccabi can roll with Tyus, Segev there.
          I agree.

There almost no heavy minutes of post plays in the modern basketball.

Positionless basketball with 5 guards/forwards is the target, and maccabi on paper is on the right durection.

No glorified names this year but looks like someone atleast TRYING to THINK how all the pieces comes together

Comment

this is a good team. finally ,as all eu teams, we have all players able to shoot (except tyus). probably this is a playoffs team, around 7-8th position but the real dimention will be decided by jackson. if he will score around 15-17 av so we will became an important team.with gould we could even have chance to get 4th place. they preferred save money .

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
              this is a good team. finally ,as all eu teams, we have all players able to shoot (except tyus). probably this is a playoffs team, around 7-8th position but the real dimention will be decided by jackson. if he will score around 15-17 av so we will became an important team.with gould we could even have chance to get 4th place. they preferred save money .
              Are you serious? 7-8th place? Sorry, not happening. Thomas and Jackson ruined pretty decent roster. Well, I like Tyus, Roll, maybe DiBartolameo, but Bolden is too young for that big of a role. Swing won't fix the problem, that there will not be second center, good PG (like real PG, that can control the pace and play PnR and PnP). Even Brose rebuilded better team than you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
                Are you serious? 7-8th place? Sorry, not happening. Thomas and Jackson ruined pretty decent roster. Well, I like Tyus, Roll, maybe DiBartolameo, but Bolden is too young for that big of a role. Swing won't fix the problem, that there will not be second center, good PG (like real PG, that can control the pace and play PnR and PnP). Even Brose rebuilded better team than you guys.
                Maccabi still miss 2 guards, one of them will be nice addition
                2022/2023:

Comment

Maccabi's roster is not a top-8 material, Imo.
                  1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                    Maccabi's roster is not a top-8 material, Imo.
                    Not yet, no doubt.
                    But with Walters and Patterson (when and if...), maybe after the off-season a Center, it will be much better
                    2022/2023:

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                      I'm in shock!

I was expecting to finally agree with Maccabeo in the pre season, but I guess it won't happen this year either.
                      In my opinion, Maccabi suffered a great financial damage last season and this year they trying to win back some ot the money. It feels (I don't have the actual numbers) that current budget is way way way lower than last season, I'm speaking about 30-40-50 percent lower at current point of time.

I feel like Maccabi do not even try to compete in EL level, and just builds a strong squad for the Israeli league by occupieng proven Israeli league players such as Tyus, Bortolomeo, Mashur, Cohen, all of them are proven on domestic level and all of them can play as Israelis (Sadly this season the amount of players in the Golden state warriors that speak hebrew as the first language will be the same as in Maccabi).

On EL level, I do not believe in this team, and it would be a tremendous surprise to see them in TOP 8. Most of the foriegn players are not EL level, while in the previous years we get used to see players chossing Maccabi over tier-3 teams in EL, this year it feels like most of the squad could have landed in a different Israeli team (Which have like 10-20% of Maccabi budget).

If this is the final squad I think Maccabi would be 12-16, to compete for the 8 spot they need two more high class players, another high quality guard and a big man.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                        Not yet, no doubt.
                        But with Walters and Patterson (when and if...), maybe after the off-season a Center, it will be much better
                        Sorry, it doesn't help that much. Israel players look not on EL level, and americans are OK, but they not Weems, Goudelock or similar to that. Maybe I am optimistic, but after we will add Swing, Žalgiris will have a better squad. Not on the paper, but we will have balanced roster, we will have 2 different PG, shooters at SG, finally 2 SF, that can defend and do a good job on D, very decent PF and scoring threat at C- Davies and Kavaliauskas. Your roster looks unbalanced, full of individual players, not team. Around Bolden, Tyus and Roll, you need a floor general. We have our Micič, you have Jackson... He is just selfish player, that doesn't play any D.

Comment

Originally posted by Metec View Post
                          I'm in shock!

I was expecting to finally agree with Maccabeo in the pre season, but I guess it won't happen this year either.
                          In my opinion, Maccabi suffered a great financial damage last season and this year they trying to win back some ot the money. It feels (I don't have the actual numbers) that current budget is way way way lower than last season, I'm speaking about 30-40-50 percent lower at current point of time.

I feel like Maccabi do not even try to compete in EL level, and just builds a strong squad for the Israeli league by occupieng proven Israeli league players such as Tyus, Bortolomeo, Mashur, Cohen, all of them are proven on domestic level and all of them can play as Israelis (Sadly this season the amount of players in the Golden state warriors that speak hebrew as the first language will be the same as in Maccabi).

On EL level, I do not believe in this team, and it would be a tremendous surprise to see them in TOP 8. Most of the foriegn players are not EL level, while in the previous years we get used to see players chossing Maccabi over tier-3 teams in EL, this year it feels like most of the squad could have landed in a different Israeli team (Which have like 10-20% of Maccabi budget).

If this is the final squad I think Maccabi would be 12-16, to compete for the 8 spot they need two more high class players, another high quality guard and a big man.
                          first of all somebody will write u are a troll ,pay attention
                          u are right. mta is a low budget team. said that we have imo a very good coach . palyers like roll and diba are for me excellent even if they are cheap. there are two way of spending low budget: 1 adding bad players, mainly with rude hands ,or adding players searching for smooth hands. thats a big diffrerent from the past. boldan is a very good player too. we must hope on jackson.he is the real key f the season. sure mashur is a player we cant say anything of, at certain level, as i think cohen is an undervaluate player. let me wait for a couple of player named by spahija and we ll see later. sure , owners,as i mwriting since long years, are simply living on our licence a. their goal is simply to partecipate euroleage. this year ,even with such a low budget ,they gave a white paper to a good coach. to arrive 7 or 8th it could be enough this team when it ill be completed. dont forget something that all of u misconder. is first time mta will be an all-shooter team with many pure shooters. this is much much important actually in europe.
                          Last edited by maccabeo; 07-22-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metec View Post
                            I'm in shock!

I don't agree, I think that this team is much more balanced than the previous one. Moreover last year the season prospects were highly compromised by Edelstein during the preseason. The players showed an infamous plysical condition, they couldn't run, press, jump. All this will change now (I hope).

Perhaps the actual team is less talented, but talent doesn't help at all if you don't work, you take drugs, you are not ambitious, you don't care at all if your team wins or loses, you stay awake in night clubs. All things which really happened last year.

Next Euroleague doesn't seem to be stronger than the previous one. Last season Red star was very close to the 8th place, even Zalgiris competed for it, can we consider the actual Maccabi inferior to Red star? Qualification is possible if the team's mentality changes radically (as it seems to me but we need proofs).
                            Last edited by ronmercer80; 07-22-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Next year we will compete with the teams of places 13-16.
                              We have a lot of players with bad defence. Players with offensive mind are not the players that know how to fight.
                              There is zero continuity from previous season which is probably the biggest mistake. Players like Ohayon/Iverson are better than some of the new gambles.
                              We have not got a real solution to the time when Jackson or Tyus will be inured, and believe me, one of them will.
                              We don't have any proven "winner" in this team.
                              Last year the 4 worse teams in the Euroleague, beside Maccabi, were Milano, Kazan, Bamberg and Galatasaray. Take a look at their rosters, now take randomly a few players from each team and build a new team. This is how Maccabi looks like, only in Maccabi it's the first time the players play with each other.
                              Unless signing 3 more really good proven players, I don't think next season will make us fans happy.

Comment

Kane official, Spahjia says that he considers him a very good backup for 1-2 positions. I hope he is right, he is described as a mediocre shooter but also as a tough defender and excellent rebounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information