No announcement yet.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a strange and unfavourable calendar, evidently bertomeu's mafia doesn't love particularly teams out of the axis spain-athens-istanbul-moscow.

Maccabi will have to fight against this too.

Comment

^^ what are you talking about?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
      Intercontinental Cup - 1980
      Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
        wait for official. certain nightmare-players seems having a mistic neverending connection to mta
        yes, that connection is called "a contract".
        That's what you seem to constantly fail to understand.
        I'd be glad to see Mekel out, but he has a contract, so I suppose he will stay. You can't just throw out a player with a binding contract, unless you want to pay him for not playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
          what a strange and unfavourable calendar, evidently bertomeu's mafia doesn't love particularly teams out of the axis spain-athens-istanbul-moscow.

Maccabi will have to fight against this too.
          el and bartomeu are the greatest mta friends and sponsors. we shouldnt be a licence a team and we are going to play el intead of jerusalem, something that is totally far from any sport principle. el is allowing mta to stay in el despite our invetiments are such a mediocre last years, just remembring of our golden history. calendar also, come up by a draw and depending on a last year position

Comment

6000 annual subscriptions have already been sold by the team.

So the supporters still show their faith. No one expected such a number at this point of the preseason.

Comment

So the supporters still show their faith. No one expected such a number at this point of the preseason.
              as i always wrote a licence by bartomeu and fans, are main reasons of our mediocre bduget. why should they spend more if fans are always there and euroleague confirm us in el even if we dont win il league?

Comment

That is, of course, if you believe them.
                I know some people who were season ticket holders (I am not) who didn't renew this year. They received SMSs from the team asking them, again, to renew, with another reduction in price (after an average 10% reduction that already happened).

At least they renewed the $1.5M sponsorship contract with FOX. They were in danger of losing that as well.

Comment

as i always wrote a licence by bartomeu and fans, are main reasons of our mediocre bduget. why should they spend more if fans are always there and euroleague confirm us in el even if we dont win il league?
                  And why should they invest more and lose their personal money? do they owe you anything?
                  The problem is not the budget. Many teams would dream of a $20-25M budget.
                  The problem is that they put the money in hands that waste it. It's not the amount of money, it's what you do with it and whether you spend it efficiently.

I don't expect management to lose their pants for me. I expect them to put their money in capable professional hands that would use it wisely, and not insist on proven failures like the troyka of Even-Vujcic-Danny Federman.

Comment

by the way I don't like at all Davin Smith's behavior.

He is permanently injured and he can't play more than 15-20 mins only in euroleague, Rudd says that next year he will play even less minutes. Yet he pretends the entire amount of money of his contract, he never showed willingness to renegotiate it.

I hope the team finds the way to give him a kick and free the team from such a useless weight.
                    Last edited by ronmercer80; 07-17-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

He is permanently injured and he can't play more than 15-20 mins only in euroleague, Rudd says that next year he will play even less minutes. Yet he pretends the entire amount of money of his contract, he never showed willing to renegotiate it.

I hope the team finds a way to give him a kick and free the team from such a useless weight.
                      I'm sure you would behave differently were you in his shoes.
                      In business you have contracts.

Comment

He is permanently injured and he can't play more than 15-20 mins only in euroleague, Rudd says that next year he will play even less minutes. Yet he pretends the entire amount of money of his contract, he never showed willingness to renegotiate it.

I hope the team finds the way to give him a kick and free the team from such a useless weight.
                        if he has a clear contract, a contract is a right .why should he refuse money ? owners were crazy extending his contract years ago. now the have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                          Thnks to you, as well.
                          I've just see the twitt.

Official, 3 seasons, NBA opt.
                          https://twitter.com/MaccabitlvBC/sta...66850425446401
                          surely an important add but not enough.our frwd pos is fragile ,jackson is not a player we can really count on. dibartolomeo roll and boldan are anyway a big improvement.

Comment

surely an important add but not enough.our frwd pos is fragile ,jackson is not a player we can really count on. dibartolomeo roll and boldan are anyway a big improvement.
                            Looke like, that 2 more adds will be:
                            Combo Guard and "Swingman".
                            The first one will be high level and the second will be with more defensive skill.

Unless, out of the blue, MTA will find Center, that's will be all

More or less, the roster will be:

PG: Jackson, Combo
                            SG: Combo, Roll, Diba, Swing
                            SF: Swing, Roll, Thomas, Mashur, Zoosman
                            PF: Bolden, Mashur, Thomas, Cohen
                            C: Tyus, Bolden, Segev
                            Last edited by Roy M; 07-21-2017, 12:54 PM.
                            2022/2023:
                            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

The first one will be high level and the second will be with more defensive skill.

Bolden cannot play center under ANY circumstance. He is a SF/PF mix that is probably a good stretch PF for the modern game but even in PF spot he will get killed by guys who can play in the low post. He is a wing player after all, no way he can take any minutes under C.

I think Maccabi can roll with Tyus, Segev there.

Comment

what about Miller and Rudd?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information