This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    Huge respect for San Emeterio's clean cut look You gotta balance this hipster madness that the rest of the team is going with

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10017[/ATTACH]
    Were I the team doctor, I'd be prescribing the daily application of these:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      Were I the team doctor, I'd be prescribing the daily application of these:

The beards cushion the blows when a flying elbow comes there way.
      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

• if it wasnt for NBA, basketball in the world would be 'popular' like waterpolo

Comment

• I don't think so, Yugoslavian school of basketball is overlooked, when we are talking about popularization of basketball in the rest of the world, just ask Luis Scola
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
            So, with Teodosic gone, this guy is our new captain!

Deservedly so , he was there in 2009 when we made big comeback as basketball nation, only member of that squad left, maybe he can lead us to medal, like he did in 2007 when we won u19 world championship
            UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by miloje View Post
              if it wasnt for NBA, basketball in the world would be 'popular' like waterpolo
              Which countries have an NBA following without popular domestic basketball? Maybe China started off like that? Philippines?

Galis made basketball popular in Greece. It was popular in Yugoslavia and the USSR when NBA wasn't even a thing really. I don't know about Spain or LatAm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                Which countries have an NBA following without popular domestic basketball? Maybe China started off like that? Philippines?

It was popular in Yugoslavia and the USSR when NBA wasn't even a thing really.
                Not only that but I suspect that it has fair chances of being more popular, at least in Europe, if there was no single entity that pretty much dominates the market financially and hype-wise. If all the top European talents all stayed in Europe and if Americans haven't invested that much in developing basketball, then basketball most probably would be more popular. Even in Russia, which isn't generally mentioned as a country crazed about basketball these days, the number of people who are playing basketball as a recreation is second only to football and it's not due to NBA.

And, getting back on topic, which teams, if any, announced their final rosters aside from Lithuania and Spain?
                2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post

Galis made basketball popular in Greece. It was popular in Yugoslavia and the USSR when NBA wasn't even a thing really. I don't know about Spain or LatAm.
                  I do not know for sure, but maybe Great Britain?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePeraCar View Post
                    especially since milwaukee isnt exactly the most attractive place to be, Milwaukee doesnt have a single thing they could do to force him not to play, same goes for Denver
                    Well last year they suggested him not to play in the pre-olympic tournament, in case was coming back injured he wouldn't sign the extension with them. That's something he said.

And yes, some Greek journalists report that got pushed by the Bucks. That's a fact whether some people like it or not.
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                      Well last year they suggested him not to play in the pre-olympic tournament, in case was coming back injured he wouldn't sign the extension with them. That's something he said.

And yes, some Greek journalists report that got pushed by the Bucks. That's a fact whether some people like it or not.
                      So what ? Let's play that scenario out, he gets hurt, Milwaukee doesn't give him the extension and then when he can walk he obviously walks to his pick of 29 teams and Milwaukee look like a bunch of morons. Again a threat has to have some meat and realistic consequences behind it for it to mean anything. Giannis decided not to play this summer but fan boys will keep the excuses coming.
                      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• It's ok, you don't need to defend NBA and their policy in that issue.

I'll prefer to believe journalists and their sources close to him.
                        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

It's ok, you don't need to defend NBA and their policy in that issue.

I'll prefer to believe journalists and their sources close to him.
                          The argument you are making is ridiculous. Of course the team will tell him that if he got hurt in that tournament that has nothing to do with their club it might affect his financial future going forward. What is this fantasy land ? Yeah go ahead and play this summer and if you get severely hurt don't worry about it we will still pay you like nothing happened.
                          This is reaching moronic proportions.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                            The argument you are making is ridiculous. Of course the team will tell him that if he got hurt in that tournament that has nothing to do with their club it might affect his financial future going forward. What is this fantasy land ? Yeah go ahead and play this summer and if you get severely hurt don't worry about it we will still pay you like nothing happened.
                            This is reaching moronic proportions.
                            Yes, it's kinda moronic you to come out and call everyone ridiculous and stuff like when someone is against NBA as it's infallible. Regarding 'my' argument that's something said by him and not something I just imagined.
                            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Yes, it's kinda moronic you to come out and call everyone ridiculous and stuff like when someone is against NBA as it's infallible. Regarding 'my' argument that's something said by him and not something I just imagined.
                              We are not understanding each other. I am not saying that it didn't happen that way last year. I am saying that it is 100% understandable if it did happen that way. Milwaukee is protecting themselves by urging their player not to participate. And if he got hurt regardless if they tried to talk him out of playing or even if they actively pushed him to play, his future compensation would be affected. That's the risk that any player takes. No team is morally obliged to pay a guy because they feel bad he got hurt. So again it was a risk of injury and subsequent loss of money that Giannis didn't want to risk.
                              His call.

Comment

• R1ou I am a fan like you. I want to see these guys play in every tournament. But we can't be naive. Tons of money are involved on both ends the team and the player. These are real people with real lives and they must think of their financial futures.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information