• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    Lithuania - Lithuania - Latvia

We already established that
    SRB- Serbia - Serbija

I think nothing will be here again, the medalists will be the same as EC-2013 or EC-2015, may only surprise Croatia, Latvia and possibly Slovenia.

Now I looked of you team, and I was surprised that only SG position is well completed, so now I already think that the in group is favorites is Latvia with Porzingis.

Comment

• Spain - no problem,problem maybe oldest team??
      Lithuania - problem SG , maybe PG , coach??
      France - problem SF,PF,C
      Croatia, Latvia - problem bench
      Slovenia - only with 3 players extra class,problem bench
      Sebia - well completed only SG
      Greece, Turkey will be good if you avoid fighting among your players, it's mid-level teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
        Yeah I think Serbia has taken the toughest hits when it comes to absences. I obviously don't know as much about Jovic as you do, but can you see him stepping up and helping somewhat minimize the Teodosic absence ?
        Jovic can handle the PG job easily from skills-quality aspect. We won't see crazy assists etc but he will get the big guys the ball regularly and he will be the best defender at PG spot in the tournament most likely. Others will have problems vs him. The issue is backup PG, since Micic was absolutely horrible the whole prep period and he wasn't even under pressure with Teodosic absence and seems to shrink in important moments and games. So we have seen the sets that were run in the prep period. Basically they will stagger Bogdanovic's minutes and when Jovic is off, then Bogdan will take over as the primary creator PnR runner. Then a lot of creation will be given to Guduric/Milosavljevic duo as well, to offload Micic pretty much. They will play him more off the ball and use him as a shooter/scorer

The bigger issue of the roster is the forward rotation. At SF we only have Lucic who can play that position and he is a SF/PF tweener in reality. That means we can expect a lot of lineups with 3 guards from Serbia with Guduric/Milosavljevic getting SF minutes, maybe even Lazic a bit. At PF we will run with Macvan for as long as we can, an then maybe try to offload some minutes to Bircevic which I am really scared of since he is a headcase who is tall and can shoot. Nothing else. So we might see a bit of small ball and Lucic there for some minutes as well.

The way things are right now, our center rotation will be a serious strength with all the 3 big guys playing well and coming of good seasons. We will run transition and play a lot of defense. Then Bogdanovic will get a free reign to take over scoring in key games.

I was looking at the knockout phase draw and the potential road that Serbia has. I think we still take the 1st spot in the group, Latvia is not that good and Porzingis is really overrated anyway. I am more concerned with the shooting day of the Bertans brothers than him to be honest. If we get the No. 1 spot in the group 1/8 finals take us to Montenegro or Czech Republic and then 1/4 are 90% Greece (unless they stun the French). That should make the road to the Semis very achievable where we could get Lithuania most probably and that will be the game where we will run into a really strong team. Spain will be on the other side of the draw and we won't see them until the Finals if we take the group. So I think Djordjevic will put a lot effort and emphasis on taking the group, since that will give him room to calculate and progress even with this roster.

Comment

• Teo-Nedovic-Kalinic-Bjelica-Jokic This is much stronger team than Jovic-Bogda-Lucic-Macvan-Boban. Sh*t happens..
          LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
            Serbia have by far the best centers in Europe. Missing Milutinov and Jokic will not be a problem. The real blowout is Teo, with Bogdan and Marjanovic he could make this tournament in walking to gold medal.
            Gasol and Hernangomez brothers plus Mirotic have no rival in Europe, probably the most dominant frontcort ever. Even if he's 37, Pau can easily dominate any big guy in Europe. I don't think it will change in the next 2-3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
              Gasol and Hernangomez brothers plus Mirotic have no rival in Europe, probably the most dominant frontcort ever. Even if he's 37, Pau can easily dominate any big guy in Europe. I don't think it will change in the next 2-3 years.
              Spain's frontcourt in full strength would be Mirotic, Claver, Pau, Marc and Hernangomez. Serbian one would be Bjelica, Macvan, Jokic, Marjanovic and let's say Kuzmic. For me it's close talent wise, it's not like Spain has no rival in that aspect.
              Last edited by R1ou; 08-29-2017, 06:37 PM.
              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
                Hernangomez brothers are so overrated, if there is no brothers Gasol or to be precise Pau Gasol , Spain wouldn't make it to quarterfinals.
                UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                  Serbia have by far the best centers in Europe. Missing Milutinov and Jokic will not be a problem. The real blowout is Teo, with Bogdan and Marjanovic he could make this tournament in walking to gold medal.
                  Lol Jokic is by far our most complete big man, he can do it all, I mean I respect Teodosic a lot but Jokic already surpassed him as the best Serbian basketball player, the man was posting triple doubles last season , he would have been great PG for this current Serbian team .
                  UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

• exactly, Hernangomez bros might be great in the future, but right now they are way too raw to make any impact on the biggest stage (and by that I mean playoffs and finals). If there's no Pau around to abuse all of Europe's frontlines, then Spain becomes very and very vulnerable to any quality opponent. And Pau is 37 btw - injuries and decline hit big time around this age, no matter how great the said player is

Comment

• Porzingis is just the type to be cute and calm in the friendly games etc, only to drop something like 28p 13r 5a in the first match. Which might be the only way they can beat Serbia or other big teams. Serbia will probably try to slow it down, as this is how Jovic, Bogdan, Kuzmic, Marjanovic can especially thrive and have an advantage vs Latvia. On the other hand I can see Latvia trying to run in transition and spread the floor.

In other news, the year is 2017 and Semih Erden is still making an appearance in national team; showing every person around the world that a brain with suboptimal processing power is not necessarily a hindrance to money and success in life.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle View Post
                        Lol Jokic is by far our most complete big man, he can do it all, I mean I respect Teodosic a lot but Jokic already surpassed him as the best Serbian basketball player, the man was posting triple doubles last season , he would have been great PG for this current Serbian team .
                        I get that Jokic is very talented and probably will be very successful in NBA; but he accomplished almost nothing yet except for one good national team tournament and triple doubles, especially compared to Teodosic, who carried teams to numerous titles and medals. But yes, having Jokic would greatly enhance Serbia's title/medal chances.
                        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                          I get that Jokic is very talented and probably will be very successful in NBA; but he accomplished almost nothing yet except for one good national team tournament and triple doubles, especially compared to Teodosic, who carried teams to numerous titles and medals. But yes, having Jokic would greatly enhance Serbia's title/medal chances.
                          Jokic hasn't proven anything in FIBA yet...triple doubles in NBA mean nothing, especially in the regular season and playing for one of the most fast paced teams in the league. I've seen prime Duncan struggling and looking like a scrub playing under FIBA rules, so these are two very separate basketball worlds out there
                          Last edited by madmax; 08-29-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srle View Post
                            Hernangomez brothers are so overrated, if there is no brothers Gasol or to be precise Pau Gasol , Spain wouldn't make it to quarterfinals.
                            I don't think he meant about the Hernangomez brothers by themselves but the complete center and power forward roster of Spanish NT compared to Serbia. I don't think they are being overrated at all, they are just two youngsters with talent that shouldn't be compared with anyone, that's just a burden.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeinrichMohr View Post
                              I don't think he meant about the Hernangomez brothers by themselves but the complete center and power forward roster of Spanish NT compared to Serbia. I don't think they are being overrated at all, they are just two youngsters with talent that shouldn't be compared with anyone, that's just a burden.
                              well you are right srle is a bit wrong, they arent overrated at all, porzingis is overrated overhyped and showed not much so far, a man that doesnt watch bball and read forums and posts of NY fans would think he is second coming of MJ, on the other end hernangomez brothers are working hard and improving year by year slowly
                              Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

• Dixon is out in Turkey...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information