Brose Bamberg 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    maccabi waits for the new coach first, it is not advisable to engage new players without his presence. This error shouldn't be repeated.

And the players engaged will be paid regularly . We won the euroleague 3 years ago and unlike poor balcanic teams (Greek teams excluded) we can win it again in the future.
    Hey, that's fine. That team had a lot of quality and got hot at the right time. This one does not. Even with a new coach, you need to revamp at least half of the roster to be competitive. I am not saying that you can't do it, but the finances are not everything otherwise everyone would be crazy competitive.

Regarding "poor Balkan teams", you should be happy that it is that way not actually make fun of it. If any of the Balkan teams are able to keep our best players home and add an import or two, it is Game Over for EL. Welcome to the 80's all over again.

For example this year Vardar won the handball Champions League by beating Barcelona and PSG, backed by a Russian billionaire guy who wanted to build a strong team. He got the cream of Serbia, Croatia, FYROM and few imports. With a budget still significantly lower than what those powerhouses did. He was a contender right away and won it after few years. Don't rule out that there will be a guy soon who will try that in Basketball. That will be a game changer in EL.

Comment

i think that this team is the major candidate for the 16th place together with Milano. They are losing important players and i doubt they are able to substitute them.
      This is our challenge every year and we are aware of this !!!
      My personal goal is rank 8-14
      BROSE BAMBERG
      Manager : Leo de Rycke
      Coach : Roel Moors (New )

Guards : LEE /
      K.Taylor / Font / Stuckey /Weidemann
      Forwards : McLean / B.Taylor / Olinde /
      Bigs : Clarke / Marei / Sengfelder / Harris

www.telekombasketball.de/news/bamberg-wie-im-rausch-hinter-den-kulissen-des-8-titels/1281"
      youtube.com/watch?v=vIoybUM6HIw / min 0,44 FREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by Franke View Post
        This is our challenge every year and we are aware of this !!!
        My personal goal is rank 8-14
        you are right, obviously the situation can change. But i would like to see Bayern playing the euroleague too, competition between two German teams would help.

I wonder why they left one of they best players go for only 150.000 euros. This is the reason I made a negative prediction, it seems to be a sign of resignation.

But the team has the entire summer at their disposal to demonstrate the opposite.

Comment

you are right, obviously the situation can change. But i would like to see Bayern playing the euroleague too, competition between two German teams would help.

I wonder why they left one of they best players go for only 150.000 euros. This is the reason I made a negative prediction, it seems to be a sign of resignation.

But the team has the entire summer at their disposal to demonstrate the opposite.
          I count on the statements of Rolf Beyer and Michael Stoschek. "We will have a talented, maybe even more talented team next season." Budget is rising and Miller, Theis and Strelnieks were three of our five best paid players. So I trust in Trinchieri, Baiesi, Beyer und Co. I am sure we will sign some nice additions with Euroleague quality. Maybe no big names, but players who will fit into our system.

Remember Crvena Zvezda 2016/2017 (also Kaunas) - small Budget, small talent. But with big Nuts and an unbelievable team effort in every single game. And now compare them with Barcelona or Maccabi Tel Aviv. So stay calm and wait for the full roster.

Comment

As I want to believe, but I can't see how you will replace Melli, Theis and Strelniekis. Sorry guys, but they were all-stars, Melli even super-star. But hey, there are no players that you couldn't replace. But they didn't grow per one season... But if budget is rising, hey why not? Buyouts will help too. The target has to be young and talented guys. Maybe I am talking from Žalgiris perspective, because Šaras is always saying, that low budget teams need young players that are hungry, that want to prove something- Micič, White, Pangos, Lima, Leo(was, and he proved), Motum(same as Leo), Lekavičius, Ulanovas. Then you will need some veterans to stabilize the hot youngsters, veterans that can play clutch games. You have some veterans, now you just need talents. Good luck

Comment

Daniel Hackett zu Brose. Solid signing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
                Daniel Hackett zu Brose. Solid signing.
                Size of his contract?
                EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Two years without buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by thiago94 View Post
                    Two years without buyout.
                    Thanks, I was meaning economic size
                    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Trinchieri loves Gentile

Gentile will be free agent in a few time...

maybe next year another italian player will play in Bamberg

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                        Trinchieri loves Gentile

Gentile will be free agent in a few time...

maybe next year another italian player will play in Bamberg
                        If Bamberg wants to be fighting for the bottom of the league, Gentile is great, if they want to reach the TOP8, Gentile far away.

Comment

Originally posted by radallo View Post
                          Thanks, I was meaning economic size
                          Oh, there are no official numbers, but i would guess something between 600-800k net income each year.

We had the chance to sign Gentile during the last season, but we choose Jerel McNeal and obviously not, because he is more talented.Though the Weems and Hickman rumors could based on a different way of scouting: Talent comes first...

Roster:

PG Hackett/Zisis/Lo/Nikolic
                          SG NEW/Staiger/Müller
                          SF Wilson/Taylor/Heckmann
                          PF Rubit/Mitrovic
                          C Radosevic/NEW/Harris

Jamil Wilson already signed with Bamberg included an NBA opt out, so yeah he seems Bamberg bounded. In the race of the open SG spot are Weems and Hickman. On center it could be Mathias Lessort or a similar type of player.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                            If Bamberg wants to be fighting for the bottom of the league, Gentile is great, if they want to reach the TOP8, Gentile far away.

Milano's record in euroleague was better with him last season

I Think with Trinchieri he coudl reborn

Comment

Brose is interested in Sonny Weems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                                every team has to be respected but honestly, Bamberg will have 0 chances for top 8 next year, to be considered that euroleague next season will be stronger.

But obviously they will still win some games especially at home. We could bet immediately that they will beat Maccabi again, israeli players always lose their head there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information